Canada - 2 bodies found on forestry road in Okanagan, BC, 10 May 2021 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mar 23, 2023
''The trial for the man accused of killing two brothers and leaving their bodies in the woods near Naramata is more than a year away.

Wade Cudmore, 34, was charged with two counts of first-degree murder back in June 2021 for the killing of Kamloops brothers Carlo and Erick Fryer. The Fryers' bodies were found by two hikers in a remote area near Naramata in May 2021.

Cudmore's trial has now been set for June 3, 2024. ''

Last edited:
Opening crown statements, prosecutors have a ton of evidence.

Sounds to me, the allegations are the accused lured the victims to this remote woods in Naramata to buy a large quantity of drugs from them, but killed them and stole the drugs.

It sounds like they carelessly left a trail of DNA, their movements, CCTV, and the victim's phones with messages.

Then, when the bodies of the victims were found almost immediately, allegedly they panicked, made a half-hearted attempt to burn their truck, but just abandoned it.

It sounds like the perps had no idea that all the new people in the area - many retired - go on long hikes through the woods every day.

I'm also surprised that the victims drove into the trap, why couldn't the deal be transacted inside a vehicle at the Walmart parking lot, or in a motel room, or something...

JMO

The accused, Cudmore, was an out of control meth head in the months prior to the murders, who just couldn't resist stealing cars and driving around in spite of all the charges against him -

"just before midnight on Jan. 24, 2021, a police officer spotted a car speeding...Cudmore lost control of the car in snow...Officers were able to follow his footprints in the snow and eventually found him hiding behind a rock. Inside the car, officers discovered a pill bottle containing meth."

Apparently the Crown has only just rested their case, after 56 days.

One article has been published summarizing the case against Cudmore:

I found the story a bit disjointed, so piecing together the parts that most interested me (being familiar with this last peaceful fruit/wine growing oasis in the area):

The murders happened early morning May 10/21. A witness, a contractor, "told the court he saw an F-350 and a smaller, light-coloured car moving fast on the Arawana forest service road not far from Naramata." He felt it was very suspicious.

It's not stated who found the bodies of the 2 victims, Carlos and Erick Fryer, that same morning, back down and off the wilderness road where the vehicles had come from. Was it the same curious witness?

In any case police were called to the site of the bodies, and learned about the suspicious truck and later found it burned somewhere else in the woods

The article, IMO, talks about two different F-350 trucks.
As I'll point out below, one had belonged, a couple months earlier, to Cudmore's accomplice, Anthony Graham.

The article doesn't say, but I believe the burned truck in May/21, was a different truck - it belonged to the victims, while the car that was sighted with it was owned by one of the perps. Both vehicles had met up in Kelowna, the car guiding the truck to the spot where the murder happened. After the victims were killed, the perps drove both vehicles out of the immediate area, to somewhere else.

The victims, the Fryer bros. were drug dealers/mules.
"Hidden on the truck’s frame were significant amounts of methamphetamine, fentanyl, carfentanyl and cocaine."

So, Cudmore and Graham intended to kill the Fryers and steal the drugs, but getting the drugs seems to have required they find where they were hidden in the truck frame. IMO, they either didn't know where or how to do that, or they didn't have time before police showed up, or they were too wasted.

This answers my earlier question of why the Fryer brothers would drive to this supposedly remote forested spot to make their delivery: They needed a place to take apart the truck.

Also very interesting is the evidence from the Fryer truck's GPS tracker. According to this tracker, police discovered the truck had, at some point "stopped for three hours and 37 minutes on a road off the Coquihalla Highway, an area with nothing around."

So, if anyone is curious about drugs being moved into communities in BC, in this case the major supplier in Vancouver met up, off the Coquihalla mountain pass highway, with a pair of twenty-somethings from Kamloops, to load the drugs into the frame of their F-350. I wonder, could this be done on the spot, or had the truck already been modified in a shop somewhere?

Other evidence shows the perps, Cudmore and Graham, had been caught earlier that year trying to smuggle drugs under Grahams truck, using magnets. The drugs, and possibly the truck, were seized. IMO, that may have left them in debt and led to this very dumb plan to kill the Fryers.

Because, of course, the original supplier back in Vancouver was a far more dangerous adversary than police, who just play nice, catch and release.

I wonder whether the ruthless supplier caught Cudmore's accomplice Anthony Graham, or has he managed to get away?

Cudmore's mother, Kathy Richardson, paid the price for these clowns and her son's bonehead schemes.

To be honest, I can't help but feel the whole lot of them belong in shallow graves in the woods, so Wayne Cudmore is lucky he'll likely be convicted and spend many years in peniteniary.

JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livjacks