Canada - 5 people, inc. 2 teens, found dead inside Oshawa, Ontario home after shooting, 4 Sept 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One of the children survived?
rbbm.
5 shot dead in Oshawa, Ont. home, including alleged suspect
''Family identified the victims as Chris Traynor, a teacher at Monsignor Paul Dwyer Catholic High School in Oshawa, and his three children: Bradley Traynor, a student at the University of Guelph, Adelaide Traynor, a Grade 10 student, and 11-year-old Joseph Traynor.

The injured woman was identified by family as 50-year-old Loretta Traynor, who is the mother of the children and Chris’s wife. Police said she was taken to hospital with a serious, but non-life-threatening gunshot wound. Loretta also works as a teacher. A fourth child, who family members said attends Queen’s University, was not home during the time of the shooting''

I grew up in the area and went to Catholic school. My friend taught with both the deceased father, his wife and even his mother.

The older boy who died was scheduled to leave for university a couple of days before but they changed his classes to online so that's why he was still at home.

The grandfather who died had cut the killer out of the will because of his lifestyle with drugs, etc. This was revenge, pure and simple. He left his sister with a non life threatening wound to ensure she'd live out her days without her husband and children. What a vile human being.

I grew up in the area and went to Catholic school. My friend taught with both the deceased father, his wife and even his mother.

The older boy who died was scheduled to leave for university a couple of days before but they changed his classes to online so that's why he was still at home.

The grandfather who died had cut the killer out of the will because of his lifestyle with drugs, etc. This was revenge, pure and simple. He left his sister with a non life threatening wound to ensure she'd live out her days without her husband and children. What a vile human being.

Truly evil and soulless.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/oshawa-dead-home-1.5711988
''Flags at Oshawa's City Hall and other city facilities have been lowered to half-mast in memory of the victims of Friday's shooting, the city said in a news release.

"On behalf of city council and the City of Oshawa, we are extremely saddened to hear about the shooting in our community this morning that has resulted in the tragic loss of five lives. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends during this difficult time," said Mayor Dan Carter in a statement.

He also thanked first responders for their "ongoing efforts" to keep Oshawa safe.

The flags will remain lowered until further notice.''

Unbearable. Why do these things happen! So sad.

Might not have anything to do with it but I believe the day-to-day ‘non-normalcy’ due to COVID, higher unemployment rates, plus the media headline news continually focused on frustration, fear, anger, violence or death are having a detrimental impact on people especially those who suffer from untreated mental illness and addictions. It’s pushing some of them over the edge.

JMO

Without the awful knowledge that a family member allegedly slaughtered 4 family members, wondering.....
If LE had arrived to the family home just prior to the shooting, and observed a man with a gun and apparent MH issues, and they shot him, would this be depicted as a case of cruel and unnecessary treatment by LE?
speculation, imo.

Without the awful knowledge that a family member allegedly slaughtered 4 family members, wondering.....
If LE had arrived to the family home just prior to the shooting, and observed a man with a gun and apparent MH issues, and they shot him, would this be depicted as a case of cruel and unnecessary treatment by LE?
speculation, imo.

Your hypothetical scenario sure wouldn’t surprise me.

speculation, imo.
I mean... I believe LE should and would attempt to disarm any individual with a gun who is trying to harm anyone. If not possible, then sure, do what they need to do by all means. Four people, including an innocent 11-year-old were killed, a woman was injured, had to witness her loved ones being murdered. This family will never recover from this, never. Not the mother, not the surviving child, not the extended family. It's heartbreaking.

speculation, imo.

I don't know whether his mental health issues would have been obvious. But if he didn't have the firearm in a container that surely would be cause for alarm since that's against the rules regarding transporting weapons.

I don't know whether his mental health issues would have been obvious. But if he didn't have the firearm in a container that surely would be cause for alarm since that's against the rules regarding transporting weapons.

I really doubt this guy would’ve allowed himself to be peacefully arrested had he been stopped by LE somewhere along the way, whether or not his gun wasn’t properly stored. Winnipeg to Oshawa is 21-hours of driving time, he had plenty of time to turn back. Nobody breaks into a family home in the middle of the night armed with good intentions, especially considering he was uninvited and there was friction.

It appears nobody knew he was dangerously violent back in Winnipeg nor set on assassinating his sister’s family, so if he had a violent showdown with LE instead it wouldn’t be surprising to me for a friend of his to have stepped forward proclaiming what a nice guy he was who only carried his gun for personal protection and then go on to blame LE for his death. I think that was sort of the point dotr was making as well.

JMO

'Everyone is very heartbroken right now:' Neighbours shaken by Oshawa shooting that left father, 3 kids dead
image.jpg

Chris Traynor.

image.jpg

''Durham Regional Police Const. George Tudos told reporters that the incident has “shaken up” first responders and members of the community.

He noted that a crisis response team will be on hand to provide support to anyone who needs it.

"As a parent myself... it is very hard finding out something like this right now," a resident of the neighbourhood told CP24 on Saturday morning.

"Everyone is very heartbroken right now."

Winnipeg apartment residents shocked alleged Oshawa quintuple shooter lived inside
''Residents and nearby neighbours of an apartment complex on Dalhousie Drive in Winnipeg were shocked to learn the alleged killer of an Oshawa, Ont., family lived inside the quiet building that’s mostly home to international University of Manitoba students and new Canadians.''

''Winnipeg police executed a search warrant on a suite in the Dalhousie Drive apartment in connection with the incident, Winnipeg Police Service sources said Friday.

Residents and neighbours saw police, including some who appeared to be detectives carrying cameras, at the Winnipeg apartment throughout the afternoon and evening.''

“It’s scary, but at the same time, you wouldn’t know until it happens,” Idabor said of his home’s connection to the shootings.''

Just to note, a class power engineer (ie 2nd class, 4th class) isn’t the same as an University degree in Engineering. It’s a technical trade qualification, common in the oil and gas industry, power plants, boiler operators etc.

BGIC is quite well known as Brookfield - a property management company. I’d hazard to guess “building operator” is a hyped up reference to maintenance caretaker of the apartment building he lived at. Something about this guy, possibly mental health issues/prior work problems, caused him to become virtually unemployable IMO.

Gunman kills four of his family members before taking his own life at Oshawa home: Police
“....According to a Manitoba property registry, a Mitchell Lapa took out a loan in 2018 to buy a 2012 Ford F150, a vehicle that appears to a match the vehicle towed from the home. Police confirmed the vehicle was registered to Lapa on Friday evening.

An online Linkedin profile belonging to a Mitchell Lapa of Winnipeg suggests he held a variety of jobs, most recently as a “building operator at BGIS,” a facilities management company.

In the profile, Lapa describes himself as a hard-working employee who has trained as a class power engineer, and would “relocate for the right opportunity.”

The online bio says Lapa has worked as a bus driver in Fort McMurray, Alta., and won an award for public service for “extraordinary bravery and commitment” during the Horse River Wildfire that swept through the Alberta community in 2016.....”

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/guelph-university-mourns-bradley-traynor-1.5714997
"This is devastating news; a shocking tragedy that touches and affects us all," University of Guelph President Charlotte Yates said in a statement.

Traynor was a third-year bachelor of commerce student with a major in management economics and finance at the university's Gordon S. Lang School of Business and Economics. The university said he was a member of its Model United Nations Club and was the club's director of financial relations''

''The university says it understands this time is difficult for many members of its community, especially for people who were close with Traynor. It is reminding people who have been affected by the tragedy of the resources and support available, including:
  • Student Counselling Services, ext. 53244.
  • Multi-Faith Resource Team, ext. 58909.
  • Employee assistance program for faculty and staff, 1-800-265-8310.
  • Crisis Text Line, text "UofG" to 686868.
  • International Student Adviser, ext. 58698.
  • Good 2 Talk Help Line: 1-866-925-5454.
  • Here 24/7, 1-844-437-3247.''

This CBC link contains comments by various friends, neighbours and associates expressing their shock and grief regarding this devastating tragedy, several photos as well. The ages of the 3 deceased children were 20, 15 and 11 years old. What an evil monster the brother must’ve been, to destroy his sister’s beautiful family.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ont-oshawa-shooting-1.5714485
“....Police have identified the shooter as 48-year-old Mitchell Lapa, who died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

They say Lapa, of Winnipeg, was an "uninvited person" to the home and the homicide unit is still investigating the motive behind the shooting......

......In a news release on Sunday, police said investigators want to speak to anyone who knew Lapa because they are trying to understand the motivation for the shooting.

Anyone with details or background information about him is urged to contact Durham police....”

The grandfather who died had cut the killer out of the will because of his lifestyle with drugs, etc. This was revenge, pure and simple.

I'm not saying this in a religious sense, but I can't help but recall the first murder comes very early in the biblical story of human creation, when Cain killed Abel, because Abel was God the father's favorite.

Just saying, IMO these human feelings are very old, run very deep and too often do lead to murderous tragedy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back