CANADA Canada - Allan 'Kenley' Matheson, 20, Wolfville, NS, 21 Sept 1992

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mother yearns for answers about her missing son; 20-year case added to $150k rewards program
Matheson, who went by his middle name, was seen by his sister and other students at Acadia’s Crowell Tower residence on Sept. 20 of that year, and by a friend walking on Main Street in Wolfville the next day. He hasn’t been seen or heard from since.
“What I want is for people is to go back to that week at Acadia University and on the ninth floor of Crowell Tower, and just go through the information you have in your head and take it apart and look at it from a different perspective,” she said in an interview at RCMP headquarters in Halifax, sitting next to a table of mementos from Matheson’s life.
:( heartbreaking VIDEO of Allan's Mother at link: http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/102722-ns-adds-missing-wolfville-student-to-rewards-list

The Government of the Province of Nova Scotia is offering a reward in the amount of up to $150,000 for information
leading to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for the disappearance of Allen Kenley MATHESON.
Police believe there are persons who have information that could result in an arrest and possible charges.

Any person with information regarding the person(s) responsible for the disappearance of Allen Kenley Matheson
should call the Rewards for Major Unsolved Crimes Program at 1-888-710-9090.
read more: http://www.gov.ns.ca/just/Public_Safety/Rewards/case_detail_matheson.asp

Someone started a facebook page for him but it is not active- Allan Kenley Matheson - Missing Person

The loss of a son and brother cost an entire family their lives by Kayrene (Matheson) Willis, July 15, 2012

Snip-

We had arrived at Acadia around Labour Day that year, Sept. 7. We had a few days of student orientation before classes started. Kenley was apprehensive about the frosh activities and anything to do with initiation. Being two years older than most of the other first year students he took the chance to escape the first weekend with some new friends. They went to a place near Lunenburg called Corkum’s Island.

He returned from the South Shore safe and sound on Sunday, Sept. 13.

We went to classes the first full week and saw each other several times. It seemed like a good start. I had to go to Halifax the following weekend and there was a big party at his residence on Saturday night.

Upon my return from Halifax on Sunday, I went to see him around 4 p.m. He was in his room, slightly withdrawn, perhaps due to the festivities the night before. We planned to get together the next night to work on our calculus.

He had only been at Acadia for about 13 days....

... We all ask ourselves, how did this happen? Why did this happen?

The problem is that we don’t have answers. This mystery remains unsolved. When his RA let me into Kenley’s room on that Wednesday 20 years ago, it was empty. He had $3,000 in the bank from tree planting — it was not touched. He did not have his passport. He did not take any toiletries. He did not leave a note.

I know he would not have simply left. I met with a psychic last year on several occasions (one of many over the years). She told me Kenley knew he would not live a long life. She told me he is no longer with his bones and teeth in the woods. While this mental picture is extremely disturbing it actually makes sense to me. I never believed that he just took off, or that he took his own life. I think he ran into the wrong person, or people, at the wrong time in the wrong place.

It took me a long time to say I think he is dead; the first time was 2011. I felt that if I said this it would mean I had given up hope. And for people with missing family members, there is always that glimmer of hope....

The circumstances and some of the description sure lines up: history of hitch hiking, using different names and a left pierced ear. The eye color and hair length is tripping me up though. I'd think that it would be hard to mix up green and brown eyes and all the pics of Allan are short hair.

The circumstances and some of the description sure lines up: history of hitch hiking, using different names and a left pierced ear. The eye color and hair length is tripping me up though. I'd think that it would be hard to mix up green and brown eyes and all the pics of Allan are short hair.

When you look at Jason Doe's current picture, it looks like he has brown/green eyes. The other similarity is that they both have oval-shaped heads, large foreheads and similar front teeth.
Greenville_Va_UHR_Case_1.jpgweb.jpg

I spoke with a family member of AKM and they said Jason Doe is not him.

Allan Kenley Matheson - North American Missing Persons Network (thanks to LittleLulu)

Missing Kenley Joined Facebook - 8/07/2013 - About
Missing Kenley Documentary film on the disappearance of Kenley Matheson.

Description - On the 20th of September 1992, two weeks into his first semester at Acadia University, Kenley Matheson disappeared without a trace. There were no witnesses. There were no suspects. There were no leads. No body was ever found. And he has not been seen since. Theories abound as to what happened to Kenley that September day in Wolfville, Nova Scotia. Did he simply take off, as some—including the police initially—believed? Did he commit suicide? Was his disappearance a "Frosh Week" hazing incident gone bad? Or was he murdered, either by someone he knew or just met, or someone he didn't know but came across at the wrong place and wrong time? To this day Canadian investigators—from local PD and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police to private detectives hired by the family—are stumped by this twenty-year-old cold case.

MISSING KENLEY, first and foremost, will be a documentary on the Kenley Matheson case. All of the details surrounding his disappearance—and the subsequent investigation—will be re-examined, and every theory as to what happened to him will be thoroughly explored. However, the film will also delve deeply into Kenley's full life story, and the memory of him that still resides among family members and friends. Along this second track, particular attention will be given to the two motorcycle "gap years" he took before enrolling at Acadia, most notably his time in British Columbia planting trees and his travels into Central America. The film thus intends to integrate the "missing Kenley" case—his disappearance *advertiser censored* unsolved mystery—with that of the experiences of the people he left behind, those still "missing Kenley," the earnest and adventurous young man who once wrote, quoting Jack London, "I would rather be ashes than dust...I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them."

At the Unsolved Canada board; they're not sure if Kenley crossed paths with a serial killer. Link to article -

Dead Wrong: Halifax's unsolved murders
In at least 48 cases, a killer has not been brought to justice, giving Halifax one of the highest unsolved murder rates in the country. A former murder investigator says incompetence and indifference among police department brass are to blame.

Documentary in works on Kenley Matheson disappearance
Rankin MacDonald
On September 20th, his sister Kayrene spoke to him at about 4:00 p.m. in Crowell Tower, but that was the last time he was seen by his family.

The next day, it was reported that he was seen by a friend walking on Main Street in Wolfville....
... Today, Sarah and Kayrene accept that it is almost certain that he is dead because he would “never just take off.”

It’s an inconsolable truth, yet there is always that faint hope lingering in the back of your mind.

Ron Lamothe is a documentary filmmaker from Concord, Massachusetts.

As the post mentioned above, documentary filmmaker Ron Lamothe has begun work on his documentary, Missing Kenley. Production for the film, however, is no certainty. Lamothe launched a Kickstarter campaign for his film on November 4 and he has thirty days to raise all the funds for “Missing Kenley”, or the project receives nothing. His film’s campaign has a stated goal of $78,000 - if this mark isn’t raised before December 4, all pledges are cancelled and the film will not be funded.

“On the surface, a twenty-year-old cold case set in Nova Scotia seems a rather obscure subject for a documentary,” Lamothe says.*“But for the Mathesons, what could be more relevant and timely than solving the mystery of what happened to their son and brother?”

To learn more about “Missing Kenley”, readers can visit the project's pitch page here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lamothe/missing-kenley?ref=live

As the post mentioned above, documentary filmmaker Ron Lamothe has begun work on his documentary, Missing Kenley. Production for the film, however, is no certainty. Lamothe launched a Kickstarter campaign for his film on November 4 and he has thirty days to raise all the funds for “Missing Kenley”, or the project receives nothing. His film’s campaign has a stated goal of $78,000 - if this mark isn’t raised before December 4, all pledges are cancelled and the film will not be funded.

“On the surface, a twenty-year-old cold case set in Nova Scotia seems a rather obscure subject for a documentary,” Lamothe says.*“But for the Mathesons, what could be more relevant and timely than solving the mystery of what happened to their son and brother?”

To learn more about “Missing Kenley”, readers can visit the project's pitch page here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lamothe/missing-kenley?ref=live

Are you Ron? If so please check the Missing Kenley FB page PM's.. I need a link to the press release.. Want to update his google page; was going to link it here but everyone seems to be quoting a press release I'm not finding via google.....

Filmmaker Turns his Sights on Missing Person Cold Case Documentary filmmaker Ron Lamothe launches crowdfunding campaign for “Missing Kenley”, his documentary film on the still unsolved mystery surrounding the disappearance of Acadia University student Kenley Matheson.

Concord, MA November 18,2013 -- Documentary filmmaker Ron Lamothe is turning to the crowdfunding website, Kickstarter, to raise funds for a documentary film that he hopes will shed new light on a two decades old missing person cold case.

Very nice web site Roselvr, thanks for all the awesome work you do, on behalf of missing persons!!

Thanks, haven't had time to update it in years. I wanted to make sure his info was online back then because we couldn't find it, if not for google cache when his family website came down. I wish someone would tell where his remains are so his mom and sister can grieve

Twenty-five years later, Cape Breton man's disappearance still a mystery

http://www.capebretonpost.com/news/local/2017/9/20/twenty-five-years-later--glendale-man-s-disapperance-still-a-mys.html

Willis said that she and her family believe the investigation wasn’t handled properly.

“Things weren’t handled properly from the beginning and it wasn’t seen as a crime at that time. I believe that it is, I believe that there was foul play involved,” said Willis “I don’t believe that he just took off and that part has been hard for my family, especially my mom. She’s always wanted it to be investigated thoroughly.”

Matheson’s case has since been labelled as a possible homicide. Willis said although so much time has passed. Her brother’s death is still surprising to her.

“It’s still a shock and it’s still a mystery, even recently my parents and I were talking about it and we don’t feel any closer to the answers than we did 25 years ago.”

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lamothe/missing-kenley
532fe1c0ae0bffce66489f836b06457f_original.jpg
Kenley Matheson in the summer of 1990
attachment.php

Attachments

• 532fe1c0ae0bffce66489f836b06457f_original.jpg
    532fe1c0ae0bffce66489f836b06457f_original.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 27

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online