Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people with conditions such as depression and ADD self medicate that much is true. DG was diagnosed ADD as opposed to ADHD. We covered this in an earlier thread. Those conditions are commonly lumped into one category but there are significant differences. The H stands for hyperactivity and DG was not diagnosed as hyperactive. ADD people also often self medicate with alcohol, nicotine, marijuana and even comfort food but they are usually polar opposites to the hyperactive ADHD. While many people of high intellect are ADD in fact, ADD has nothing to do with intelligence or determination. ADHD and ADD are neurobehavioral disorders caused by alterations in brain chemicals and changes in the way the brain works. They both present unique challenges, but don't have to get in the way of success. Many successful people have managed the condition. Albert Einstein is said to have had symptoms of ADD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_attention_deficit_hyperactivity_disorder

BBM
The DSM-II (1968) began to call it "Hyperkinetic Reaction of Childhood" even though the professionals were aware that many of the children so diagnosed exhibited attention deficits without any signs of hyperactivity. In 1980, the DSM-III introduced the term "ADD (Attention-Deficit Disorder) with or without hyperactivity." That terminology (ADD) technically expired with the revision in 1987 to ADHD in the DSM-III-R. In the DSM-IV, published in 1994, ADHD with sub-types was presented. The current version (as of 2008), the DSM-IV-TR was released in 2000, primarily to correct factual errors and make changes to reflect recent research; ADHD was largely unchanged.[2]

Under the DSM-IV, there are three ADHD sub-types, including one which lacks the hyperactivity component.[9] Approximately one-third of people with ADHD have the predominantly inattentive type (ADHD-I), meaning that they do not have the hyperactive or overactive behavior components of the other ADHD subtypes.

Even today, the ADHD terminology is objectionable to many. There is some preference for using the ADHD-I, ADD, and AADD terminology when describing individuals lacking the hyperactivity component, especially among older adolescents and adults who find the term "hyperactive" inaccurate, inappropriate and even derogatory.

Basically the terms have been interchangeable for a long time now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_attention_deficit_hyperactivity_disorder

BBM

Basically the terms have been interchangeable for a long time now.
Indeed and as I mentioned, we covered this in an earlier thread. DG, however, claimed to have been diagnosed as ADD and NOT ADHD. My only child is ADD and I am one of those individuals who finds the label ADHD objectionable because of the distinct absence of hyperactivity in my own son. He is so quiet and "chilled" as to be better labelled as inert than active or hyperactive. He is also a loner. So I like to think the ADD diagnosis would be more fitting for DG than ADHD but hey, what do I know. What do any of us know where he is concerned.

I wonder whether cadaver dogs picked up a scent in DG's truck,and where? Cab or truck bed?
I know this is out there ,but what IF AL was not the intended victim.Could it be possible,since they are around the same age,that DG could have met KL years ago when he and AL began their business dealings? What if he became obsessed with her ,stalked her and became enraged when it came out that they were moving to Mexico?In his mind,maybe he thought he had a chance with KL,up until that point......IDK....just a thought...

I wonder whether cadaver dogs picked up a scent in DG's truck,and where? Cab or truck bed?
I know this is out there ,but what IF AL was not the intended victim.Could it be possible,since they are around the same age,that DG could have met KL years ago when he and AL began their business dealings? What if he became obsessed with her ,stalked her and became enraged when it came out that they were moving to Mexico?In his mind,maybe he thought he had a chance with KL,up until that point......IDK....just a thought...
Or we could really get far out there and suggest that, given the fact that KL was 53 and DG is 54, they may have dated way back when. Heck maybe DG is JO's biological father! Am I serious? Absolutely not!

Or we could really get far out there and suggest that, given the fact that KL was 53 and DG is 54, they may have dated way back when. Heck maybe DG is JO's biological father! Am I serious? Absolutely not!
Thank God Cherchri, I thought you'd gone round the bend! I'm all for theories but let's not get carried away with the implausible ....

I think they may have in the wee hours of the morning. Garage sale traffic doesn't often continue after 10 pm

Someone here noticed that the lights were still on in the early police photos at the scene. Some (including me) speculated whether this happened shortly after Nathan's mom left. In that case, people may not have paid attention. Additionally, it was essentially a long weekend for many professionals, where they took a four day weekend including the Monday, so it's possible that a lot of neighbours were away.

Additionally, if this was done at 1AM, that really cuts down the time that the suspect had to make two trips, commit three murders, move three bodies, clean up and be on his way home at about 4AM.

There could on the off chance be that JO turned the light on when she entered that morning as the foyer is rather dark but we don't know for sure.

There could on the off chance be that JO turned the light on when she entered that morning as the foyer is rather dark but we don't know for sure.

It was 10 AM when she arrived, and there are several windows and a patio door on the main level.

My guess is that LE would turn on as many lights as possible to look for evidence, even very early in the investigation.

My guess is that LE would turn on as many lights as possible to look for evidence, even very early in the investigation.

We do have to keep in mind that the suspect wanted to remove the bodies from the crime scene (which added 1.5-2 hours if he took the bodies to the Airdrie acreage), he wanted to clean up, and he wanted to leave before the sun came up (it was light again around 4AM). This couldn't have happened after 1AM if he wanted to leave the crime scene by 4AM. Additionally, I suspect that pre-meditated murders take longer than murderers expect.

We'll be lucky if we have that information 18 months from now!! Canada's justice system works terribly slow. A trial is most likely at least 2 years away.

Correct.
Luka Magnotta was arrested/charged in 2012, and his trial isn't even set until September of this year!

It was 10 AM when she arrived, and there are several windows and a patio door on the main level.

I can't imagine the killer(s) not looking over his shoulder while in the L's house carrying out the murders. To leave the hallway light on all night long, with a glass front door, would be very thoughtless. Considering the same person's (?)personal habits made him hang the hose back up on the rack after hosing down the walkway.
If he needed the light to carry out his attack, it doesn't make sense to me that a careful killer would choose to leave that front light left on. A back bedroom light left on all night would be less likely to attract attention to there being a strange truck in the driveway. A strange truck in the driveway, with no light left on would just indicate overnight company to any close friends on the block.
Something about the hallway light being left on has been niggling me.

I can't imagine the killer(s) not looking over his shoulder while in the L's house carrying out the murders. To leave the hallway light on all night long, with a glass front door, would be very thoughtless. Considering the same person's (?)personal habits made him hang the hose back up on the rack after hosing down the walkway.
If he needed the light to carry out his attack, it doesn't make sense to me that a careful killer would choose to leave that front light left on. A back bedroom light left on all night would be less likely to attract attention to there being a strange truck in the driveway.
Something about the hallway light being left on has been niggling me.

I tend to only turn on the front hall light and outdoor light if I am answering the door.

I wonder if LE took all of DG's shoes to check for blood? When DG saw his truck on the news, did he have time to dispose of his shoes before LE came calling?

I tend to only turn on the front hall light and outdoor light if I am answering the door.

What if: this is a case of KL saying "AL, did you leave the hose on?"
AL goes outside to investigate turns on lights, steps outside and is surprised by DG?
Is incapacitated. DG runs inside where he runs into KL, out the side door? Drags AL in and NO wakes up while things are underway?

Have you ever tried to paint in the daytime, with lights on? Lights in the daytime cast a lot of shadows. JMO but I don't think LE would rely on overhead lighting looking for evidence, they likely have their own system.

We do have to keep in mind that the suspect wanted to remove the bodies from the crime scene (which added 1.5-2 hours if he took the bodies to the Airdrie acreage), he wanted to clean up, and he wanted to leave before the sun came up (it was light again around 4AM). This couldn't have happened after 1AM if he wanted to leave the crime scene by 4AM. Additionally, I suspect that pre-meditated murders take longer than murderers expect.
especially when there is another person added unexpectedly to the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CindyW1974