Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I found this very interesting that the Agricultural building shares a road way and they have an incinerator on property. Speculate away.
<rsbm>

Ugh. Gave me the "willys" thinking of Pickton hauling off to the rendering plant with the remains of some of his victims.

ETA: Pretty sure MEK and MEKM are the same person and the KAA Is really confusing but if you google MEM it appears to be the same person.

Yes .. thanks bakerlady. I had reached that same conclusion. At first I thought as Subscriber and Agent on the AKF Holdings file (and the multitude of other files her name is attached to from that Panama government database), maybe her name on the documents was a requirement of Panamanian government. However, if you search that same Panama database, her name does not appear on all listings (just a whole wack of them that JP is affiliated with)

Thanks Cherchri ... if you could google MEK's full name and find specifically what agency she is the Director of in Panama. Greatly appreciated. :)

She is t he Deputy Director of Ports, Panama. She also seems to have numerous domains registered to her. She looks to be in her 30's. I will find some links and share what I can

It appears she is the Director of Industrial Ports and she is an attorney

ETA: Pretty sure MEK and MEKM are the same person and the KAA Is really confusing but if you google MEM it appears to be the same person.

Yes the same person. Latinas use maiden name and married name. So really she is MEKM

She is t he Deputy Director of Ports, Panama. She also seems to have numerous domains registered to her. She looks to be in her 30's. I will find some links and share what I can

"Some online business directories link Alvin Liknes with several oil and gas companies, including Vecto Resource Services, Bluesky Oil and Gas Corp., and AKF Holdings Inc."
http://beaconnews.ca/blog/2014/07/c...ness-dealings-in-nathan-obrien-investigation/

I copied this from the website before it turned into a 404 error (which must have happened in the last two weeks).

AKF Holdings: http://ohuiginn.net/panama/company/id/542288
http://ohuiginn.net/panama/person/ALVIN CECIL LIKNES

"Look up complete file" link brought up this page two weeks ago

Attachments

• AKF HoldingsLiknes - Copy.jpg
    AKF HoldingsLiknes - Copy.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 145
I still can't get past the crime map....and judging by the legal codes for murder in Canada I deducted that all 3 should be first degree.

Interesting re Panama:

Germany's offshore money and the hacker who helped expose it ...
qz.com/.../germanys-offshore-money-and-the-hacker-who-helped-expose-i...
by Tim Fernholz - Mar 21, 2013 - The newspaper relied on a database of Panamanian companies created five years ago by Daniel O'Huiginn, a British coder, whose project has ...

http://qz.com/65290/germanys-offshore-money-and-the-hacker-who-helped-expose-it/

I still can't get past the crime map....and judging by the legal codes for murder in Canada I deducted that all 3 should be first degree.

I suggested that it may only be possible to prove that two of the three victims were murdered at that location. Does that not make sense?

What part of the legal codes make you believe all 3 should be 1st degree? I believe the codes you provided explained it well. Remember, it also comes down to what they can prove. If they get better evidence, I think they can upgrade the charge.

Interesting re Panama:

Germany's offshore money and the hacker who helped expose it ...
qz.com/.../germanys-offshore-money-and-the-hacker-who-helped-expose-i...
by Tim Fernholz - Mar 21, 2013 - The newspaper relied on a database of Panamanian companies created five years ago by Daniel O'Huiginn, a British coder, whose project has ...

http://qz.com/65290/germanys-offshore-money-and-the-hacker-who-helped-expose-it/

AKF Holdings, and the German report about numbered companies in Panama being used to hide money, seems consistent with everything else we know about the victim, Alvin Liknes, and his dozen companies that were registered and delisted while he owned Winter Petroleum (1994-2014). Perhaps those companies and municipalities that are out of pocket due to the bankruptcy of Winter Petroleum can follow the money and be paid after all.

"The German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung has published the names (link in German) of wealthy Germans who were or are directors of companies in Panama, a country known as a tax haven. The directors included families behind major automakers, banks and businesses, many of whom denied keeping funds abroad for tax purposes or attributed the actions to now-deceased relatives."

I suggested that it may only be possible to prove that two of the three victims were murdered at that location. Does that not make sense?

Yes but if it is not possible to prove NO was killed at that location then he might either still be alive OR he was kidnapped and killed elsewhere which would automatically constitute first degree murder.

A complete lack of evidence is suspicious to me.

I recall LE saying that the landfills have camera that take pictures of the vehicles that come and go but they did not specifically say DGs truck was seen on camera. I can't find this link. Does anyone have it?

I think that the garbage was brought to the landfill from the residential garbage pick-up. LE would have requested the drop zones for a certain parameter to be closed off. I will look up the garbage pick-up day for the Parkhill area.

Yes but if it is not possible to prove NO was killed at that location then he might either still be alive OR he was kidnapped and killed elsewhere which would automatically constitute first degree murder.

I don't see it as a complete lack of evidence, just evidence that hasn't been publicly shared. Do you not trust the police chief when he says he is absolutely certain they are dead? I do.

The child was not supposed to be there, therefore there was no plan to murder the child. That is, the charge is that the accused made a plan to deliberately murder the grandparents. He went to the house to commit those murders. He did not have a plan to murder the child, as he had no idea that the child was there. If he had no plan to murder the grandparents, the child would still be alive. There doesn't seem to be any evidence that the child was kidnapped, therefore a first degree charge does not apply. That is, there is insufficient evidence of murder or kidnapping at the Parkhill house in relation to the child. There must be additional evidence that demonstrates that the child is not alive.

It's possible that, in laying charges, the prosecutor looked at what could be directly proven. A first degree murder charge for the child could be heavily litigated, perhaps even derailing the entire case into a debate about whether that murder falls under the definition of first degree murder. At the same time, perhaps it can be cleared proven that the murders of the grandparents were planned and deliberate. A first degree murder conviction for the murders of the grandparents will put the accused in prison for the remainder of his life, and a second degree conviction for the murder of the child is simply an extension of those convictions ... because he was there at the time of the murders, and he vanished at the time of their murders.

At one point, MH's accident was being discussed and I requested a pic of his grave site from Find A Grave. I received an email from them today letting me know that a pic of the stone had been added. I haven't been following this case as closely lately as I had been so I realize this is probably long past discussion, but this is the link for anyone that is still interested.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/f...l=all&GScntry=10&GSob=n&GRid=92906276&df=all&

It is my understanding that the Garlands live on the 40 acres but own other land in the vicinity. I am trying to find where I read that. I live in Airdrie, and have for nearly 30 years now. I know the area well, and there are many farmers who live on smaller parcels but own many hectares elsewhere around here. I will keep looking for the article and post it as soon I find it.

If anyone in the area could purchase a County of Rockyview map it would show who owned each quarter section of land. I don't know if it would show who owns the smaller parcels. It might give you an idea if the Garlands did indeed own more land in the area, land that DG might indeed be familiar with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kezzx