Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you search Shaver Associates Realty Inc. Kirkland, Washington does it seem like a legitimate company? Not sure if this is allowed... Sorry if its not.

The same company or company name has an office in NW Calgary.

Pickton was in jail when an undercover LE became his cell mate. Pickton confessed to the undercover to killing 49 women on the farm and said he had planned to kill another one to make it an even 50. That information was used as evidence in court and was valuable in securing his conviction.

Very true. Jumping off from your post, SB, I'm going to go into a little detail about one of the reasons the cell tape was important. I'm going start with some context and then focus in on the tragic fact that, even if some victims could escape from the hell of the farm, the cases might never have made it to court.

Robert "Willie" Pickton was being investigated and evidence gathered by LE, long before his arrest. Rumours that had been flying around Vancouver at the time of the disappearances were acknowledged as true during the recent Missing Women Commission of Inquiry into possible mishandling of the case by LE. Pickton been identified by various women (some sex trade workers, many others just attractive women who worked night shifts) as having been their assailant in assault cases in East Vancouver. In one case, a prostitute barely escaped with her life, clearly identifying Willie. She'd agreed to perform an oral sex act with him at his farm. Then the date turned bad.

At the farm, after the sex trade worker agreed to have sex with Pickton, he grabbed her wrist and slapped handcuffs on her, the officer said. The two struggled and the woman grabbed a knife and fought back. Later, after escaping with the knife still clenched in her hand, she was taken to hospital in critical condition.

“Had she died, mortifying as that is, had she died, we probably would have had a slam-dunk murder conviction,” Shenher said. In fact, attempted murder charges against Pickton back in 1997 were stayed after prosecutors considered the sex trade worker was too unreliable as a witness.
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...bert_pickton_was_the_killer_inquiry_told.html

IIRC, LE was attempting to find out just which of the missing women had actually died at Picton's farm. "Pickton was convicted in 2007 of murdering six. He was charged with killing 26, though bragged of having 49 victims in total." He was suspected of being involved in 60 disappearances. (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...efended-by-man-who-warned-of-killer-1.1169223)

Pickton was also brought to the attention of LE because some people who attended his parties saw evidence of horrors. Like Bill Hiscox's friend who was afraid LE would not listen to her, for example. Hiscox felt something had to be done, and did his best to alert authorities.

Four years and more than a dozen slain women before Pickton was arrested, Hiscox went to police with accurate and macabre details pointing to the horrors at Pickton's Port Coquitlam, B.C. pig farm...
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...efended-by-man-who-warned-of-killer-1.1169223

However, since LE was charged with looking into many disappearances, Pickton was only one of many men who could have been the prime suspect in any of the cases.

Robert Pickton was just one of a growing list of "hideous" people who were considered prime suspects in the disappearance of Vancouver sex workers in the year before his arrest, says an RCMP officer who led one of several investigations into the case...Retired Staff Sgt. Don Adam led a joint RCMP-Vancouver police task force known as Project Evenhanded, which was formed in January 2001. Within a few months, the list of viable suspects had ballooned into the hundreds, he said. "This file was full of hideous human beings, and they needed to be looked at," Adam testified Wednesday at the public inquiry into the Pickton case.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...-not-sole-suspect-in-women-s-deaths-1.1157267

The undercover officer's conversation with Pickton is brutal to watch, listen to, or read and is easily found on the net, but I'll put some sites at the end of this post. Since the potential witnesses against Pickton were people whose lifestyles or occupations could have made them seem to be unreliable witnesses, Pickton's confession during the conversation was a very important part of the case.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/08/06/pickton-interview-transcripts-released/
http://www.citynews.ca/2007/02/06/r...ersonality-emerges-in-undercover-police-tape/

At the time, Pickton was only charged with two of the slayings. “I got a murder charge on me,” he’s heard saying. “And 48 more, 48 more to come. Whoopee.” The accused killer was well aware he was being taped during the conversation but didn’t restrain much of what he said.
http://www.citynews.ca/2007/02/06/r...ersonality-emerges-in-undercover-police-tape/

If you search Shaver Associates Realty Inc. Kirkland, Washington does it seem like a legitimate company? Not sure if this is allowed... Sorry if its not.
Also if you search this company name and KFL together you get a ZoomInfo listing for her as an agent with them. However under her own LinkedIn profile she created and updated herself ( I assume) she only lists two other agencies, not the Shaver one.

The same company or company name has an office in NW Calgary.

Yes, it does. Both listings seem odd, no website to match and I have not come across any active listings. Just started looking, will look more.

Also if you search this company name and KL together you get a ZoomInfo listing for her as an agent with them.

It just seems that the realtors connected to this company jump from place to place and not with recognized companies like Remax or Century 21 for example.

Yes, it does. Both listings seem odd, no website to match and I have not come across any active listings. Just started looking, will look more.

Yes they don't seem quite right as the supposed agents gave no listings here and the site seems quite 'fake ' for lack of a better word. The web company used to create it has many complaints against them and the words " scam artists" appear in numerous ones . Wonder if It was another of KL's web enterprises, not the whole company , but perhaps she was an affiliate/ salesperson for them ?

Yes they don't seem quite right as the supposed agents gave no listings here and the site seems quite 'fake ' for lack of a better word. The web company used to create it has many complaints against them and the words " scam artists" appear in numerous ones . Wonder if It was another of KL's web enterprises, not the whole company , but perhaps she was an affiliate/ salesperson for them ?

Here is the site I was referring to :
http://www.acewebads.com/Lincoln-Park.Alberta/mls-real-estate-for-sale-listings-ads/Shaver-Associates-Realty-Inc-Lincoln-Park

Why does almost everything we start looking into seem to end up in some scam? I started looking this company up as well and have seen only a name, address and phone number. No pictures if these real estate agents, no listings of properties, no website or email address. Then one of the pages advertising them has search results showing up with people warning against them as a scam... This is just so strange. LouisLane what made you look them up?

Why does almost everything we start looking into seem to end up in some scam? I started looking this company up as well and have seen only a name, address and phone number. No pictures if these real estate agents, no listings of properties, no website or email address. Then one of the pages advertising them has search results showing up with people warning against them as a scam... This is just so strange. LouisLane what made you look them up?

If you dig a little deeper, you'll find a small real estate company being run out of the home occupied by the namesake of the company.

If you read the disclaimer at the bottom of the webpage, they openly admit they skimmed the real estate company information from the internet "public domain" and it is not a site created by, owned by or affiliated with the named company.

The scam part comes in by the site creator skimming information to either hopefully sell the site to the named company, have people click on the site in web searches to create advertising income, and/or sell web sites to other entities that visit.

If you dig a little deeper, you'll find a small real estate company being run out of the home occupied by the namesake of the company.

If you read the disclaimer at the bottom of the webpage, they openly admit they skimmed the company information from the internet "public domain" and it is not a site created by, owned by or affiliated with the named company.

The scam part comes in by the site creator skimming information to either hopefully sell the site to the named company, have people click on the site in web searches to create advertising income, and/or sell web sites to other entities that visit.

I was reading that and thought it rather odd. Also another thing I am finding strange is when I googled KL's web design company and then click any link to her web page it sends me to a lehbridge moving company?
http://www.quantumklik.com/
I am very new to WS and this is the first case I have actively been looking up info on. I usually like to just keep silent and read other WS posts... I am also working from an IPhone so bare with me...

I was reading that and thought it rather odd. Also another thing I am finding strange is when I googled KL's web design company and then click any link to her web page it sends me to a lehbridge moving company?
http://www.quantumklik.com/
I am very new to WS and this is the first case I have actively been looking up info on. I usually like to just keep silent and read other WS posts... I am also working from an IPhone so bare with me...

Yes. If you have ever received those "I work from home and make $5000 a month" email, that is what it is. They sell basic, generic websites and claim to use search engine optimization... so to advertise, they make mock sites for different business claiming you can own it for $x a month etc.

It's entirely possible, since there was a bankruptcy and other financial issues involved, that she answered one of those email, and started her "work from home and make money" business.

Judge speaks on Mr Big tactics used by RCMP . National Post - Aug 1, 2014
http://www.nationalpost.com/m/search/blog.html?b=fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2014/08/01/brian-hutchinson-of-course-mr-big-confessions-work-they-rely-coercion-inducements-and-threats&q=RCMPmrBig
"
“At present,” he added, “these operations are conducted in a legal vacuum.”

What took the high court so long to carefully examine Mr. Big undercover techniques? That’s anyone’s guess. While it did identify the most serious risks to fair trials and Charter rights violations inherent to Mr. Big operations, the court did not, unfortunately, take the logical next step. It did not ban Mr. Big, full stop.

Instead, the court suggested that when relying on Mr. Big operations henceforth, police and Crown prosecutors use more restraint. Fat chance of that. (Mr. Moldaver added that the Crown should presume a Mr. Big confession is inadmissible until it “can establish, on a balance of probabilities, that the probative value of the confession outweighs its prejudicial effect.” Mme. Justice Karakatsanis disagreed with that approach.)

Mr. Big stings were invented by the RCMP in B.C. two decades ago. They’ve been used hundreds of times since, in B.C. and in other provinces. Police typically deploy the undercover strategy when they have identified a strong murder suspect, but can’t collect enough evidence under normal investigative processes to lay or recommend a charge. "

Has anyone ever talked about a Texas connection? Just curious.

I've seen it come up a lot when I do google searches, but I never explored further or went link digging…..(yet!) Is it worth exploring?

I just find the real estate and web marketing stuff to be really off and I just had to look into it. It just seems so wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_a_supervillain