Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I_think_ the hard drive is the brain and memory of a given computer. Doubtful that LE/Prosecution would present it's OWN hard drive as evidence.
Sorry for sounding clueless, but I didn't grow up with this :)

:)
http://www.techterms.com/definition/harddrive

I believe hard drives are removable and can be replaced. A hard drive has a large storage capability, much more than disks, memory sticks, etc...perhaps LE puts all their info on a hard drive, removes it and gives the hard drive over to put in another computer? I don't know exactly how this works, but I'm sure someone is a computer expert on this site.

Can you explain the " relative to a trust" portion please. Is this information the family was given early on but had to keep quiet until a specified time that they are now able to share?

Perhaps that's reference to the fundraising that was done for them?

Can you explain the " relative to a trust" portion please. Is this information the family was given early on but had to keep quiet until a specified time that they are now able to share?
I wish I could. I was simply sitting nearby and eavesdropping. The gist of it was that there's a family trust and it's in another name. That is what I heard. I then heard the female (Sharon?) agree to email it to NH. NH asked so you want this to be shared with the public? They confirmed and NH said she would have something out by 6 today. I was trying to fein disinterest and at the same time digest what was being said - no mean feat. Sorry I can't be more definitive. I will hunt for half an hour and see if I can ID these two family members.

It says "a harddrive full of evidence will be provided to defense next week". I would assume its an LE harddrive with all the evidence on it and not DG's harddrive, or they would've said that IMO.

FWIW, my post said "If". Yes it says "a harddrive full of evidence .....". One can't assume when it doesn't specify either way ;)

Yes you are quite right. It was Cherri not Sharon and another report has just come out with a photo of the couple and I can confirm these are the people I overheard....http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/c...till+needs+financial+help/10118227/story.html

I_think_ the hard drive is the brain and memory of a given computer. Doubtful that LE/Prosecution would present it's OWN hard drive as evidence.
Extremely doubtful, I'd think. I agree with you there, Krystine.

But there are external hard drives with very large storage capacities and one of those would be more efficient than using however many flash drives or discs. All LE would need to do is hook up the external hard drive and copy all the pertinent material onto it. That way the HD given to the defence wouldn't have any other data (even data that had been written over) on it.

As stated in the video below by Kim Ross...the date for disclosure was August 14th, 2014. That is why the court date was remanded until today. It is August 14th, and no disclosure has been forthcoming as of yet.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...appears_in_court_on_three_murder_charges.html

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/accused-in-liknes-and-o-brien-murders-in-court-1.1959334

If today is the first request for disclosure, that explains why the defence hasn't received any yet

The date for disclosure of evidence to the Defence was understood to be August 14, 2014. This was declared in the courts on July 16th, 2014 in DG's first court appearance on the murder charges. Kim Ross explains all that in the following link.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...appears_in_court_on_three_murder_charges.html

This is what the Crown and defence had to say about disclosure on July 16:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/c...ve+thanks+Calgary+support/10035082/story.html

Crown prosecutor Shane Parker said searches for the victims and organizing disclosure will continue, but not much will happen in the court proceedings until it is back on Aug. 14.

“We’re waiting for disclosure from the Calgary Police Service. It normally takes about 30 days on a major crime for them to be able to get it together. It’s a little more challenging in this case because of the speed of the investigation and really how it’s been transitioning through the course of the past two weeks,” Parker said outside court.

“It’s been co-ordinating both a homicide investigation and missing persons’ investigation. Really, we’ve taken what would normally be a missing person investigation and a very large-scale investigation and tried to condense it down to a two-week period.’

Parker said police feel they can get significant disclosure, but not all of it, out in time for the next court appearance.

Defence lawyer Kim Ross said outside court he has spoken very little to Garland and was in a waiting mode for a month. His client will remain behind bars until then.

“I’m going to wait until I see disclosure before I make any determination on whether or not we’ll seek any kind of release,” said Ross.

“I can’t answer that right now.”

Both links you provided are the same and there are no videos in them.

Oh, I don't know why you're not getting them...I just pulled it up and there's definitely video. I can't help you with that Sillybilly, sorry :(

It says "a harddrive full of evidence will be provided to defense next week". I would assume its an LE harddrive with all the evidence on it and not DG's harddrive, or they would've said that IMO.

Plz provide a link to your quote... I don't believe this was in a report. This was just something cherchi heard someone mumble and we are lucky enough to hear first hand from someone there.

I think everyone is reading into this to much. I believe he was just saying there is ton of evidence not specifically a physical hard drive full.. JMO

I think everyone is reading into this to much. I believe he was just saying there is ton of evidence not specifically a physical hard drive full.. JMO

We read into a lot of things too much here:)
It could be interpreted that way too. You mean like saying 'a bushel basket full of evidence', if I follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18