Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I work right across from the courthouse, lots of press out there already. It's going to be tough to get any work done this morning.

Yes, JO was bringing NO some clean clothes. That's what she had in her hand at the press conference, the t-shirt she was bringing for him that day. (That`s odd I think, the press conference was 3 days later...why would she bring the t-shirt with her to that...unless she hasn`t let it go since the day she brought it. Could be part of her grieving.)

I agree that she was bringing clean clothes for him. There was no mention of NO possibly wearing pyjamas so I think he slept in his clothes which to me is unplanned. I was so hoping by now that we would have news of the family...still just breaks my heart for this family.

I agree that she was bringing clean clothes for him. There was no mention of NO possibly wearing pyjamas so I think he slept in his clothes which to me is unplanned. I was so hoping by now that we would have news of the family...still just breaks my heart for this family.

It was probably not necessary to say he was wearing pj`s. That would be a strange comment to make. He could`ve been wearing pj`s but maybe dirtied all of whatever was packed for him the previous day. We very often ran out of clothes for my nieces and nephews when they were little because they would dirty absolutely everything they brought with them. Dirt and spills are common for kids. Some children can`t stand wearing dirty clothes either and change 5x a day. Yes, I too was hoping to hear news of the family, its been 6 weeks, its a very, very sad situation. Not a day goes by that everyone in this situation isn`t in my thoughts and prayers.

It was probably not necessary to say he was wearing pj`s. That would be a strange comment to make. He could`ve been wearing pj`s but maybe dirtied all of whatever was packed for him the previous day. We very often ran out of clothes for my nieces and nephews when they were little because they would dirty absolutely everything they brought with them. Dirt and spills are common for kids. Some children can`t stand wearing dirty clothes either and change 5x a day. Yes, I too was hoping to hear news of the family, its been 6 weeks, its a very, very sad situation. Not a day goes by that everyone in this situation isn`t in my thoughts and prayers.

I was thinking more about the Amber Alert because he was at first thought taken in the middle of the night. They described clothes but I thought if he had been in bed already that there would have been a description of pyjamas and there wasn't. I would think the AA would describe his clothes or describe pyjamas too which he could possibly have been wearing. So I just thought he probably didn't have pyjamas there.

So disclosure today? Or is this court date just to set another court date?

I think that disclosure will be received and the next court date will be set.

Yes, disclosure should be provided today. A followup court date should be set (~60 days from now) and a psychiatric evaluation may be requested by either the Prosecutor or the Defense.

Yes, disclosure should be provided today. A followup court date should be set (~60 days from now) and a psychiatric evaluation may be requested by either the Prosecutor or the Defense.

In other words, does it seem unlikely that we will find out anything concrete today in terms of answers??

Daryl Slade @heraldcourt · 5m
More than a dozen media awaiting appearance of Douglas Garland, accused of killing Kathy and Alvin Liknes and grandson. No bodies found.

Daryl Slade @heraldcourt · 8m
Prosecutor says nothing substantial expected to happen in Douglas Garland court appearance on murders of Nathan O'Brien, grandparents.

https://twitter.com/heraldcourt

Carrie Tait @CarrieTait · 19m
This hearing is part of the process to set a date for prelim trial. Lawyers can bump it back again.

Relevant lawyer has appeared in court. We're getting closer re: Garland's appearance.

Family members are at the court house today re: Douglas Garland's appearance re: triple homicide re: Alvin+Kathy Liknes, Nathan O'Brien

https://twitter.com/CarrieTait

I'm basing bleeding on a heart beat. Without a heartbeat, the blood stops circulating. I think that is where there is a different interpretation. I'm discussing bleeding due to heart beat, and it seems there's another interpretation of bleeding being a result of blood falling out of a dead body. 24 feet of drag marks is significant, in my opinion - far more significant than 500ml bottle of liquid. The reality is that there were drag marks spanning 24 feet made in a dark liquid. That strikes me as an awful lot of liquid to fall out of a body that is being dragged.

GRAPHIC
Blood pools. A corpse will begin to appear pale or blush because that no circulating blood volume is now affected by gravity and settles accordingly. Kind of like a saturated sponge laying on the kitchen counter- the top may dry out but the base is wet. If I drag that sponge over a rough surface it'll leave a trail of water and sponge. A heel dragging on concrete, will leave blood, skin and I imagine eventually tissue, tendon and bone.
More blood would drain slowly to the abbrAded part leaving a continuous supply of dark liquid

Potentially there is an open injury that is still oozing. ( not pumping) and it's following the path of gravity? ( like hanging a deer to drain blood- traumatic childhood memory from a neighbor)

Having just measured 24 feet in my livingroom, I don't see it as being unlikely.

GRAPHIC
Blood pools. A corpse will begin to appear pale or blush because that no circulating blood volume is now affected by gravity and settles accordingly. Kind of like a saturated sponge laying on the kitchen counter- the top may dry out but the base is wet. If I drag that sponge over a rough surface it'll leave a trail of water and sponge. A heel dragging on concrete, will leave blood, skin and I imagine eventually tissue, tendon and bone.
More blood would drain slowly to the abbrAded part leaving a continuous supply of dark liquid

Potentially there is an open injury that is still oozing. ( not pumping) and it's following the path of gravity? ( like hanging a deer to drain blood- traumatic childhood memory from a neighbor)

Having just measured 24 feet in my livingroom, I don't see it as being unlikely.

winnancy....You and I think alike with our nursing brains... :thinking:

I'm basing bleeding on a heart beat. Without a heartbeat, the blood stops circulating. I think that is where there is a different interpretation. I'm discussing bleeding due to heart beat, and it seems there's another interpretation of bleeding being a result of blood falling out of a dead body. 24 feet of drag marks is significant, in my opinion - far more significant than 500ml bottle of liquid. The reality is that there were drag marks spanning 24 feet made in a dark liquid. That strikes me as an awful lot of liquid to fall out of a body that is being dragged.

Just thought of this.... I'm guessing you'd only have to dip a good ( paint holding ) paintbrush a few times to paint a line 24 feet long. It wouldn't have to be perfect and thick like traffic road markings.

I was thinking more about the Amber Alert because he was at first thought taken in the middle of the night. They described clothes but I thought if he had been in bed already that there would have been a description of pyjamas and there wasn't. I would think the AA would describe his clothes or describe pyjamas too which he could possibly have been wearing. So I just thought he probably didn't have pyjamas there.

That's a darn good point! :) But they described him as wearing peach shorts and a blue hoodie which was what JO had seen him in last. I believe she said her mother was in pj's at that time (I read that somewhere and haven't looked it up yet, but thought it odd that she put her pj's on when JO was still there, but maybe not, maybe she had just had a shower after a long day). Well, who's to know? Only the perpetrator could tell us for sure what all were wearing, but I doubt that's going to happen.

Just thought of this.... I'm guessing you'd only have to dip a good ( paint holding ) paintbrush a few times to paint a line 24 feet long. It wouldn't have to be perfect and thick like traffic road markings.

Why would anyone do that? Paint a 24' foot long line down the sidewalk? Or are you just giving an estimation of how much blood would be required to do that? Wondering if we've jumped fences again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18