Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has that been addressed previously as it pertains to online information in forums and foreign news agencies?
It pertains to the dissemination of information in any manner that allows the information to be made public, outside the courtroom. While I cannot recall of a case that had courtroom testimony published in a forum such as this one, I would imagine that the moderators would be quick to remove any content that circumvented a media ban.

Stop baiting me to let you off the couch. You are lucky you are allowed in the house.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...dence-on-douglas-garland-s-property-1.3014212

"Neighbours say Garland's parents have been living in their home since police held it for several weeks back in the summer."

"It's unclear what led police back to Douglas Garland's property, but investigators were seen on Sunday taking photos and loading what looked like boxes into unmarked vans at the rural property northeast of Airdrie, Alta."

Global is reporting the search at the Garland Acreage as a "massive search".
http://globalnews.ca/video/1910740/police-search-for-more-evidence-in-liknes-case

"Sun, Mar 29 : There’s a massive search happening right now east of Airdrie. Police are back at the property of the parents of accused killer Douglas Garland. "

In the video it is said that investigators are expected to be on the property for several more days. Douglas Garland remains in protective custody between the Calgary and Medicine Hat Remand Centre. Friend, Cherri Hodgins made a comment implying that the police were possibly following up on a lead. Police are formally stating they are preparing for the upcoming trial.

Did anyone notice in the Global News video segment, that brown shed was shown tons of times? It looked like a run down shed, and in one shot it looked like you could see LE inside it through sliding glass doors?

I can't tell if these are the same brown structure at two angles or two different sheds/buildings. Took a couple screen shots to upload. I wonder what it's used for…I feel sick seeing it, it's seems to be of interest…
1297681253971_ORIGINAL.jpgUntitled.jpg

Did anyone notice in the Global News video segment, that brown shed was shown tons of times? It looked like a run down shed, and in one shot it looked like you could see LE inside it through sliding glass doors?

I can't tell if these are the same brown structure at two angles or two different sheds/buildings. Took a couple screen shots to upload. I wonder what it's used for…I feel sick seeing it, it's seems to be of interest…
View attachment 71923View attachment 71924

Here is an image from July of the same building in your first image.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/07/06/article-2682049-1F6C778700000578-846_634x347.jpg

Here is one of the drug lab. Looks like it is close to another one shown in this photo. So possibly two different buildings? I can't see the silo that is shown in the second image that you uploaded.
http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/bl...rafficker-has-ties-to-family/cal0528-garland2

Here is another:
http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/calgary/cms/binary/10005816.jpg?size=640x420

Feel free to embed them... I am lacking that skill and battery power.

They're def 2 diff buildings. The one has the silo right beside. Here is a diff shot from the video. I wonder if the video is showing shots from right now, or previous shots from the summer?

I have cropped out the farmland at the bottom and the black at the top of this pic. Looks like the building with the silo is next in line to the other building? If you blow it up on your own screen, you can see better.

Picture4.jpg

Or.... perhaps DG told his parents something? Or his lawyer?... would his lawyer be obligated to disclose something relevant and key, if it was not in his client's best interest? Or does lawyer-client confidentiality allow clients to tell their counsel anything without fear of the information being disclosed? ie.. say that DG wanted to plead not-guilty, but told his lawyer where the bodies were.. would the lawyer have to hold that information in confidence, or would he be required to disclose such info to police?

maybe dg's parents noticed something out of place?

It looks like Canmore Daycare has their old executive director back now. From their Feb 2015 newsletter:

Message from the Board
The CCDCS parent board is excited to announce that Xxxxxx Xxxxxxx will return to her position as Executive Director of the daycare in a modified capacity effective February 2, 2015. Xxxxxx brings a wealth of knowledge and experience with her and we look forward to having her back to the daycare! Xxxxxx will return to full time capacity on March 10, 2015.

http://www.canmoredaycare.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/February-Newsletter.pdf

I just had a thought... I'm sure that police departments everywhere must keep up with news from all over.. crimes committed, and things that may have been learned during a given investigation might be useful knowledge for police forces everywhere.. new things to watch out for (like perhaps now searches will expressly include looking in trees).. I'm following this other case for 'Noah Thomas'.. and his body was found after 5 days missing, in the property's septic tank. You would think that would be one of the first places LE would look for a missing child from his home? In any case, I wondered if the Airdrie septic tank had *ever* been pumped out during the summer investigation... I could be wrong, but I don't recall reading anything about that? I don't recall seeing photos of a septic truck on site? So then I'm wondering.. since this child was just discovered on Thursday (even though in the USA), I wonder if LE would do a search of the septic tank, if that hadn't been done already?

What happens if a reporter from a 'foreign' news agency attends the hearing and/or trial and that news agency isn't held to Canada's laws, and they report something covered under the publication ban in their own newspaper or media website forum? Or... is it like 'driving', where it doesn't matter of which country one is a resident, while in Canada, one must obey Canada's traffic laws?"

It pertains to the dissemination of information in any manner that allows the information to be made public, outside the courtroom. While I cannot recall of a case that had courtroom testimony published in a forum such as this one, I would imagine that the moderators would be quick to remove any content that circumvented a media ban.

Stop baiting me to let you off the couch. You are lucky you are allowed in the house.

Originally Posted by OutOfTheDarkness View Post
Has that been addressed previously as it pertains to online information in forums and foreign news agencies?

They're def 2 diff buildings. The one has the silo right beside. Here is a diff shot from the video. I wonder if the video is showing shots from right now, or previous shots from the summer?

I have cropped out the farmland at the bottom and the black at the top of this pic. Looks like the building with the silo is next in line to the other building? If you blow it up on your own screen, you can see better.

View attachment 71927

I got the impression the footage was new, when the news segment showed footage from July 2014 there's a caption/date in this same segment. So hard to say though...

Here is an image from July of the same building in your first image.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/07/06/article-2682049-1F6C778700000578-846_634x347.jpg

Here is one of the drug lab. Looks like it is close to another one shown in this photo. So possibly two different buildings? I can't see the silo that is shown in the second image that you uploaded.
http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/bl...rafficker-has-ties-to-family/cal0528-garland2

Here is another:
http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/calgary/cms/binary/10005816.jpg?size=640x420

Feel free to embed them... I am lacking that skill and battery power.

Thank Lois, I'll try to embed photos later today when I'm not at work or on my iPhone :)

06-18-2005, 12:07 AM #1 mysteriew's Avatar mysteriew mysteriew is offline
A diamond in process
EDMONTON, Canada Serial Killer
Police investigating the slayings of 12 prostitutes in and around Edmonton since 1988 announced Friday they are looking for a serial killer who someone in the city may be able to identify.

Police wouldn't say the exact number of cases or the time frame they were looking at.

In a news release, Project KARE said it believes:

The Edmonton suspect drives a truck, a van, or a sport utility vehicle as opposed to a car, and that he is comfortable driving in rural areas.
The vehicle is suitably maintained and likely has a significant amount of mileage.
The suspect cleans the inside and outside of the car at times that are perhaps unusual.
The vehicle may be used for work and outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing or farming.
He may live or work, or have friends or family in areas south of Edmonton such as Leduc, Camrose, New Sarepta or surrounding communities.

http://www.canada.com/fortstjohn/sto...5-dd7f901ea9f6
Last edited by Kimster; 11-05-2011 at 09:53 PM.

Saw this on another thread.Different cities I know but the green truck comes to mind.Was DG in prison during this time,on his drug charges?

What happens if a reporter from a 'foreign' news agency attends the hearing and/or trial and that news agency isn't held to Canada's laws, and they report something covered under the publication ban in their own newspaper or media website forum? Or... is it like 'driving', where it doesn't matter of which country one is a resident, while in Canada, one must obey Canada's traffic laws?"

My impression from other countries is that the court only has jurisdiction over the press in its own country.

Online is complicated.

I recall we discussed some of this a long time ago. We had discussed voice recordings from a missing woman with the man who was driving. Project KARE has a webpage page with that information.

http://metronews.ca/news/edmonton/3...turbing-voice-recording-of-missing-woman-man/

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ab/community-communaute/kare/index-eng.htm

If DG was at all connected to this I seriously stick with the idea of the sophisticated underground bunker on the Airdrie property.

If he was a serial, I thought for sure he'd have 'a spot' somewhere that's 'his' spot. Not sure if I think the acreage would've been used for prostitutes to bring to unless his parents were gone a lot, but who knows how life was on the acreage. Heck, his truck might've been his spot and used for transport and a crime scene.

If he was a serial, I thought for sure he'd have 'a spot' somewhere that's 'his' spot. Not sure if I think the acreage would've been used for prostitutes to bring to unless his parents were gone a lot, but who knows how life was on the acreage. Heck, his truck might've been his spot and used for transport and a crime scene.

For some reason ,I just can't believe the Liknesses were his first.I'm hoping the Calgrary police are checking on any connections.Its too bad we can't compare the voice recording with DG's.

My impression from other countries is that the court only has jurisdiction over the press in its own country.

Online is complicated.
<bbm>

Somehow they managed it during the Pickton trial. If you went to access a site where the banned information was contained, you just couldn't get there. Probably could have worked around it with a proxy, but if the discovered info was disseminated, then you would be guilty of violation of the ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234