Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago
Oxton said he bought Rnase Away to test w. Found that it inhibited LCV (what makes blood turn dark purple) #Garland #yyc

My assumption is that the bodies were in that chemically burned area at the back of the property and Garland likely used various chemicals in that area to try to dissolve/soften bodily tissue and bone before burning them. I'm not sure what sort of chemicals would do the best job though.

Edit 1: This pretty much seems like an open and shut case at this point. I think there are around 45 more witnesses to come though and I'm sure the evidence will become more damning. As awful as it would be, I actually hope that Garland takes the stand, confesses to the murders and explains the event and process.

Edit 2: Thinking back to some more of the evidence and throwing out some more assumptions I think that the family was probably killed sooner rather than later. I think Garland wanted to have time to effectively destroy the bodies which probably couldn't be done if he kept them alive for a long period of time. I'm thinking the family was likely driven to that rear portion of the property and probably shot, execution-style, early on. We heard that the police recovered various guns, silencers and shells. Garland probably shot them, collected the spent bullets/shells from the area (for later destruction or potentially as souvenirs.) He probably cut them up afterwards and tried to dissolve the pieces followed by burning the remains.

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 2m2 minutes ago
Momentary break, jurors sent out so lawyers can discuss a legal matter. #Garland #yyc

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 1m1 minute ago
Jury out after defence objects to Oxton's explanation of how RNase can inhibit Luminol, which is used to search for blood. #Garland

I feel ill thinking about what probably occured on that farm. What a monster. I am so sad for the victim's family knowing their last moments were so horrific.

I feel ill thinking about what probably occured on that farm. What a monster. I am so sad for the victim's family knowing their last moments were so horrific.

On that note - this morning is likely to get very GRAPHIC (I'm guessing this on the fact that the jurors are putting in only a half day).

Question to the group and I am not trying to offend or be obtuse.

I've been reading up on cross dressers, transvestites, transgenders, transsexuals etc.

Are we all assuming at this point that DG is a transvestite, which, I have discovered is considered a sexual fetish?

The diaper thing is a whole other fetish.

Where are we going with this information because I'm not sure what we're dealing with anymore?

I'll hush up as Kamille is so much better than me at this. LMK if you need help. Moving fast again this morning....

LOL...feel free to take over now after the break. I'll grab the pictures. :)

I've been reading up on cross dressers, transvestites, transgenders, transsexuals etc.

Are we all assuming at this point that DG is a transvestite, which, I have discovered is considered a sexual fetish?

Where are we going with this information because I'm not sure what we're dealing with anymore?

I think there are multiple fetishes or maybe obsessions at play here. For example, the number of shoes located makes me think of a shoe or foot fetish also.
Alternatively - are these the belongings or past victims??? Have all these clothes, shoes, etc, etc been dna tested or swabbed in some way. What a huge undertaking.
I am still wondering about MMIW.

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 1m1 minute ago
After a short break, judge addresses jury: Cst. Oxton was "not qualified" as expert; he "strayed into an area he ought not to have" #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 2m2 minutes ago
Justice Gates tells jurors Const. Oxton has not been qualified as expert and can't give opinion evidence about RNase Away testing. #Garland

Oxton told jury, says judge, about "a little experiment" he did with spray. Asks them to put it "out of their mind" #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 1m1 minute ago
Justice Gates tells jury to disregard evidence about Rnase Away" said Oxton is not qualified expert/can't give his opinion on that #Garland

Here you go...I already had those lined up...you can start from here. LOL

Oxton back on the stand. small rooming an outbuilding, items under hacksaw. 2 bottles, 1 was "Blood stopper," a blood clotter #Garland

Oxton-in #Garland outbuilding 1-police found a bottle of bloodstopper...an antiseptic blood clotting powder

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 1m1 minute ago
Also seized: A nearly empty bottle of blood clotting powder called "Blood Stopper" #Garland

Under the hacksaw found in Outbuilding 1 Oxton said they found 2 btls. One of "Blood Stopper" used by vets to clot blood. #Garland #yyc

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 2m2 minutes ago
Justice Gates tells jury to disregard evidence about Rnase Away" said Oxton is not qualified expert/can't give his opinion on that #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 3m3 minutes ago
Oxton was not qualified as expert, testimony about RNase away use is to be "put out of your head" Justice Gates tells jurors. #Garland #yyc

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 3m3 minutes ago
Oxton told jury, says judge, about "a little experiment" he did with spray. Asks them to put it "out of their mind" #Garland

I have no freaking clue! Its all so much to take in. I'm convinced he dressed up in the wigs, female diapers and clothes shoes. However was the diaper nessecary for his pleasure? Like did he get off on dressing up as a woman if there was no diaper or did the diaper have to be involved?

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 54s54 seconds ag
Two empty 50 litre liquid nitrogen containers seized as well as smaller empty container. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 58s58 seconds ago
3rd smaller empty Linde Liquid Nitrogen container was also seized. #Garland #yyc

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 1m1 minute ago
Oxton showing images of more liquid nitrogen canisters seized #Garland #yyc

Oxton-March 29/15 police seized two large containers found outside of #Garland outbuilding #3, as well as liquid nitrogen container

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 39s40 seconds ago
120 gallons of ashes were collected in March of 2015; June 23/15, collected burn barrel itself, torch #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 40s41 seconds ago
Oxton-back to Fire pit March 29/15 “We gathered the remaining ashes on this particular pile”
Approx 120 gallons of ashes seized #Garland

GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 1m1 minute ago
More
Also seized: Empty 50 litre canisters that had previously contained liquid nitrogen #Garland

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 44s45 seconds ago

In March 2015 search, about 120 gallons of ashes recovered. In June 2016, the burn barrel itself was seized #Garland #yyc

BBM - Seriously? Why so late in the game

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 41s41 seconds ago

In March '15 police used a new way of sifting through ashes seized-“We pass the ashes through water” Oxton said #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 49s49 seconds ago
Oxton and his team did a new process of wet sifting of ashes in spring '15, using three bins that make a stack. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 50s50 seconds ago
Oxton said he was introduced to wet sifting: get ashes wet and sift them through stack of containers onto white cotton sheet #Garland #yyc

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 19s19 seconds ago
Oxton just got choked up when talking about sifting through the ashes. Judge asks if he needs a break #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 33s33 seconds ago
Garbage will float, bio-material will sink, says Oxton. 150 hours of work. Oxton chokes up on stand, pauses a moment. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 48s48 seconds ago
Began sifting in August 2015 and finished in June 2016 (Oxton said tearing up- judge asks if he's ok, he says he is) #Garland #yyc

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 29s30 seconds ago
It took 10 months go sift through ashes. Recovered more than 2kg of biological material. 17 suspected teeth fragments #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 42s43 seconds ago
Oxton became emotional, tearing up as he told jury about the long hours he spent sifting through the ashes seized from #Garland property

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 1m1 minute ago
Oxton gets emotional when discussing sifting through the ashes, but tells Justice Gates he doesn't need a break. #Garland

Oxton said he found biological material (could be plant, animal or human) #Garland #yyc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18