Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 40s41 seconds ago
Oxton found 'fragments" of a tooth crown, more "suspected biological material" #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago

Suspected biological material was then provided to Dr. Blair for further analysis, Oxton says. #Garland #yyc

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 41s42 seconds ago
Oxton gets emotional when discussing sifting through the ashes, but tells Justice Gates he doesn't need a break. #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 1m1 minute ago
Oxton became emotional, tearing up as he told jury about the long hours he spent sifting through the ashes seized from #Garland property

Just another example of how far reaching the impact of these types of crimes are. Even for a seasoned detective. :(

MAY BECOME DISTURBING FOR SOME

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 35s36 seconds ago
More items extracted include jewelry (earring, bracelet, buttons, watch), piece of shackles, and number of pins #Garland #yyc

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 47s48 seconds ago
In the ashes, Oxton found: earring, small bracelet, buttons, piece of a shackle, piece of watch #Garland

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 50s51 seconds ago
An earring, a small bracelet, buttons from clothing, also a piece of a shackle were also found in the ash from #Garland farm.

MAY BE DISTURBING FOR SOME

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 17s18 seconds ago
Court is now taking break until 11:30 #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 36s37 seconds ago
Calgary firefighters later did a test burn of the burn barrel; reached temp of 1,000C, maintained for several minutes #Garland

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 43s44 seconds ago
Testing was done on the level of heating of the burn barrel said Oxton. A test burn was done by Calgary Police Service. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 54s55 seconds ago
Oxton explains how the Calgary fire department conducted a test burn with same kind of materials seized from #Garland farm #yyc

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 1m1 minute ago
Oxton: photos of Jewellery, parts of shackle, small bracelet, buttons recovered from ashes #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 1m1 minute ago
Police found clothing and jewelry components in ashes -- earring, bracelet, buttons, says Oxton. #Garland

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 1m1 minute ago
Oxton going through items found in ashes, including 17 fragments that could've been teeth. Also bracelet, jewelry, buttons #Garland #yyc

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 2m2 minutes ago
One of the shackles being shown on screen appears to be very small compared to the 2 others #Garland #yyc

This is so utterly sad and horrific. Going to take a break myself and go walk my dogs. Get some fresh air.

See, he burned or destroyed as much as he could that tied him to AL KL NO'B, but there is so much he didn't get rid of. I know he ran out of time but .....
I do think there are other victims and a lot of the clothes, shoes are trophies of sorts.

I know LE was investigating for other crimes as that was reported in MSM way back - but I don't think that was ever back on later.
I wonder if there is a mega bombshell of charges against DG for other crimes once this trial is done.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1472714/p...as-garland-has-links-to-other-violent-crimes/

A summary statement while we wait.

Ina SidhuVerified account ‏@CTVInaSidhu 1m1 minute ago
Oxton said they collected 120 gallons of ashes in Mar 2015 when returned to #Garland property. Took 550 hours/10 months to sift though

Does anyone know if pouring liquid nitrogen over bodies or putting limbs into liquid nitrogen would aid in the burning process?

See, he burned or destroyed as much as he could that tied him to AL KL NO'B, but there is so much he didn't get rid of. I know he ran out of time but .....
I do think there are other victims and a lot of the clothes, shoes are trophies of sorts.

I know LE was investigating for other crimes as that was reported in MSM way back - but I don't think that was ever back on later.
I wonder if there is a mega bombshell of charges against DG for other crimes once this trial is done.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1472714/p...as-garland-has-links-to-other-violent-crimes/

I don't know if there are that many unsolved or unresolved missing persons cases or investigations that could be tied to so many shoes (trophies.) Garland would have to have been pretty busy, two or three murders per year or more. Police had previously searched the farm in 1999 (if I'm not mistaken) and Garland was in jail from 2000 until some point after that. I'm assuming he would have had to have killed a lot of people in around 12 years. I doubt he could have killed for so long without being caught earlier.

I don't know if there are that many unsolved or unresolved missing persons cases or investigations that could be tied to so many shoes (trophies.) Garland would have to have been pretty busy, two or three murders per year or more. Police had previously searched the farm in 1999 (if I'm not mistaken) and Garland was in jail from 2000 until some point after that. I'm assuming he would have had to have killed a lot of people in around 12 years. I doubt he could have killed for so long without being caught earlier.

I actually think this was his first kill. Probably wouldn't have been his last though. He had so many shoes, restraints and weapons because he is obsessive and a hoarder.

Still waiting

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 6m6 minutes ago
Court should resume shortly in #Garland trial, after morning break.

Does anyone know if pouring liquid nitrogen over bodies or putting limbs into liquid nitrogen would aid in the burning process?

I have no idea and am too afraid to google that! Another thought i had was could he have used the liquid nitrogen to freeze them before dismemberment? Is that possible? Would it mean less mess? Sorry if that is a dumb question. I really am clueless about chemicals and their uses.

I think there are multiple fetishes or maybe obsessions at play here. For example, the number of shoes located makes me think of a shoe or foot fetish also.
Alternatively - are these the belongings or past victims??? Have all these clothes, shoes, etc, etc been dna tested or swabbed in some way. What a huge undertaking.
I am still wondering about MMIW.
I can't help but think, that these items are being used for him to disguise himself for criminal activity...........
Sad to say this out loud, but humans empty their bowels etc. upon death.

GRAPHIC

Liquid nitrogen is used to burn things off, ie warts, skin tags, tumours. It can burn holes in skin. If ingested can burn stomach etc.

I'm afraid to think about how DG used it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 20s20 seconds ago
Jury back in in #Garland triple murder trial for more evidence from Const. Oxton.

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 42s42 seconds ago
Court about to resume #Garland

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 39s39 seconds ago
Jury is being brought back in for the rest of the testimony from the Douglas #Garland trial. Court is ending early today - done at noon.

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 58s58 seconds ago
Court back in session for Day 8 of #Garland trial. Just 20 minutes left for today, will be no afternoon sitting.

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 1m1 minute ago

Oxton being asked about a pair of shoes he received from Det. Shute on July 6/14. #Garland

GRAPHIC

Liquid nitrogen is used to burn things off, ie warts, skin tags, tumours. It can burn holes in skin. If ingested can burn stomach etc.

I'm afraid to think about how DG used it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yikes. I really don't want to think too much more into it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18