Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just trying to digest it all. Horrifying. All of it. The dental stuff and earlier stated a dental chair. Never mind the rest of it. Just how much was this freak in to????

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 7m7 minutes ago

This is the bruise on #Garland knee - photo taken after his arrest
knee.jpg

His glasses always strike me as newer and trendier than I'd imagine him wearing. I wonder if his previous ones were broken during the crime. Wasn't there mention of glasses in the burn barrel?

Also, did I hear mention of a dentist's chair being found? That's a weird thing to own.

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 47s47 seconds ago

2 VHS tapes were taken :1 is a meth doc and the other is dated 2014/07/07 titled Unsolved Homicides/Keeping Up Appearances #Garland #yyc

VHS. See this is why I think he didn't have a smartphone and possibly no cell phone at all.

Re BBM
OMG

Well at least we have a date of 2014 to work from for that past victim. 2014 or prior on that one.

Totally agree about the smartphone.

I don't think DG used ALL his tricks and tools on the Liknes'. I'm going to take comfort in that.
I think he was a weird, disturbed guy, with weird disturbing interests that date back decades.
He's an excellent case for a lobotomy. Or something.

I actually have no words. BTW, if you knew me.....having no words is impossible. OMG!

Re BBM
OMG

Well at least we have a date of 2014 to work from for that past victim. 2014 or prior on that one.

Totally agree about the smartphone.
Think it's 7th of July 2014, not 2007 xx

I'm just trying to digest it all. Horrifying. All of it. The dental stuff and earlier stated a dental chair. Never mind the rest of it. Just how much was this freak in to????

I wonder if he was working on his father? Maybe he operated as the family dentist at times. Rural folks can do some crazy stuff sometimes. We know that Doug's father was having some tooth problems just before the disappearance of the Likneses.

I hope someone slugged him good on that knee with maybe a dumbell or something.

The dental anesthetic has sent shivers up my spine.

So his father was in tremendous pain with a bad tooth during that whole weekend. He's popping tylenol 3's to stay ahead of the pain.

In his own basement in the refrigerator is dental anesthetic. I guess Dougie didn't offer to help his dad out by easing the pain a little for him. My mind is blown.

I wonder if he was working on his father? Maybe he operated as the family dentist at times. Rural folks can do some crazy stuff sometimes. We know that Doug's father was having some tooth problems just before the disappearance of the Likneses.

Right. That could explain all the anestheteic

I googled the diaper fetish this afternoon and the first picture that came up was a MAN strapped to a bed, wearing pink diapers and a straight jacket. When they said they found a straight jacket I jumped out of my chair.

I believe he was arrested on July 5, 2014. So how could that video be dated the 7?

I googled the diaper fetish this afternoon and the first picture that came up was a MAN strapped to a bed, wearing pink diapers and a straight jacket. When they said they found a straight jacket I jumped out of my chair.

Did it look like Doug?

Ive been keeping track of the list of items that LE confiscated from him that could be crime related. I am sure I missed some but here goes.....

-Tazers
-2 Silencers for guns
-Handguns
-Spent cartridge in a ziplock baggie....hmmmmm
-Ammunition
-Brass Knuckles
-Leather Restraints + Straps
-Leashes
-Handcuffs
-Rope
-Knives
-2 Daggers and Sheaths
-Lock Picking Tools with number of padlocks and lockparts like maybe he practiced to pick locks
Key Blanks
-A Tyvek suit (like worn by forensic examiners) + booties, face masks
-Documents from the person he stole the identity from
-Another Dagger
-Scalpels
-Electronic listening device
-Meat Hooks
-Needles
-Straight Jacket
-Whips
-Cattle Prod
-Blonde Wigs
-Adult diapers
-Ladies shoes size 13 which matches boot size 13 which matches Dr Scholls shoe size 13 bloody prints
-Book about how to commit murder and not be caught
-Book about how To Dispose of a Dead Body
-Musical Wire (yeah the kind that you see in the movies where someone makes a garrot to strangle someone)
-VHS Tape titled "Unsolved Homicides/Keeping Up Appearances"
-Accupuncture tools

Is there a forensic way to tell when a VHS tape is made?

OK is the jury in tomorrow? I see @MetroLucie says testimony continues tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18