Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
actually, we don't know what car he used, he might have used the girlfriends car......
We sure don’t. It’s only when these questions come up sometimes that you become aware of your assumptions. I’d just assumed he was in a typical tradie ute with a hard canopy and a big toolbox. He could’ve been in anything.

We sure don’t. It’s only when these questions come up sometimes that you become aware of your assumptions. I’d just assumed he was in a typical tradie ute with a hard canopy and a big toolbox. He could’ve been in anything.
I know they took his ute away for examination, .. one could assume that's what he did use, but ....

I can see how he could fit the body in to the tray section, who would know, with that sort of permanent canopy arrangement over the tray.. but gee whiz he'd have to know that a body leaves traces on metal, and it's summer, too.... , UNLESS, he came prepared... which gives a degree of premeditation, ghastly. .

agreed.

my guess is it will be suspiciously off or in airplane mode for key events.
He’d know to turn his phone off. He’d know it’s a tracker. Someone turned her phone off which indicates tech awareness. He’d be receiving calls though and he’d know he wouldn’t be able to have it off for long as it’d draw attention. Maybe he went straight home from Woowookarung, then ventured out a few times after that, just to stay under the friends & family radar. On whilst home, then off for brief interludes.

He’d know to turn his phone off. He’d know it’s a tracker. Someone turned her phone off. He’d be receiving calls though and he’d know he wouldn’t be able to have it off for long as it’d draw attention. Maybe he went straight home from Woowookarung, then ventured out a few times after that, just to stay under the friends & family radar. On whilst home, then off for brief interludes.
It gets more difficult to believe he kept track of all these monumentally important details, one after the other, many all at once, and be ''heavily intoxicated' at the same time.. I don't believe he was, mainly because of the myriad details, all of which he had to keep a tight reign on, we know he made one , maybe more than one colossal error, but he still kept track of a lot of stuff, for an early Sunday morning after a bender. ..

Dangerous. She may have found something suspicious. And quite possibly did.
I am inclined to think he didn’t use his girlfriend’s Jimny.

This paywalled article references the Suzuki Jimny and says it was still in the driveway on the Friday post arrest. It seems the seized vehicle was his.

A Suzuki Jimny — understood to belong to Mr Stephenson’s partner — remained in the driveway of that home on Friday.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/accused-killer-patrick-orren-stephenson-went-on-massive-bender-night-before-mum-went-missing/news-story/2626da44c0d68d2466fa4c62212e2df

Last edited:
I know they took his ute away for examination, .. one could assume that's what he did use, but ....

I can see how he could fit the body in to the tray section, who would know, with that sort of permanent canopy arrangement over the tray.. but gee whiz he'd have to know that a body leaves traces on metal, and it's summer, too.... , UNLESS, he came prepared... which gives a degree of premeditation, ghastly. .
He was charged after they spoke to him and seized his car and searched his home/s etc.
The car may have been the clincher.

When they say he’s not cooperating or disclosing anything, that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s not talking does it? He was interviewed for a long time so he may well have been talking and spinning tales that served to catch him out, perhaps?

He was charged after they spoke to him and seized his car and searched his home/s etc.
The car may have been the clincher.

When they say he’s not cooperating or disclosing anything, that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s not talking does it? He was interviewed for a long time so he may well have been talking and spinning tales that served to catch him out, perhaps?
Generally, when VICPOL say someone is not talking, that's how it is. Not talking to police, I mean. We don't know who he actually IS talking to, if indeed he is talking to anyone... one hopes he spoke with David Tamanika , his Ballarat solicitor, maybe his parents did all the negotiations for him, I don't know.. VICPOL would say , he is co operating, or, he is responding. .. but nothing, in this context , means ... n o t h i n g.

One hopes he is speaking with his big dollar Barristers... that won't turn out well if he is not. Talking to the staff in remand?? maybe, .. talking to fellow remandees?... most likely, one would think, all things being equal, but.. he might be utterly immersed in his own world, in need of no conversation at all with anyone. .....

Last edited:
It never occurred to me that he would put the body in the tray section! do you think??? I just never thought of that possibility until I read your post!!!.. that is one hell of a risk, ....

I need to rethink things!!

you think he bought a cover with him?? prepared the tray, or the back seat, ??

no I don't know, nor does anyone except the Barristers and the DPP and 40 police, etc.. whats on the CCTV< I had to think how it proceeded... I do not think he carried her away from Mt Clear. broad daylight, fully grown woman, hot day... I don't see him doing that on foot. not for long..
The seized ute is a dual cab with a fixed canopy, well kitted out for a 22 year old. Pic in this article. Samantha Murphy's alleged killer's ute seized by police

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back