Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly. But he also may have had to wait on his parents to either leave or be in a part of the house where they could not see what he was doing. So I am not sure that is conclusive enough to know one way or the other.

You are right that the time of that airial photo will be important. I hope they list a date and time of it when they show that evidence.

I *think* I remember the aerial photos being captured July 1/2 - I can't support that with a link at the moment (will look) so don't take it as written in stone.

I *think* I remember the aerial photos being captured July 1/2 - I can't support that with a link at the moment (will look) so don't take it as written in stone.

Yes, the mapping company was hired to take aerial photos on July 1st & 2nd, IIRC.

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 4m4 minutes ago

Day 11 about to begin-Tech crimes expert to continue testimony in triple-murder trial of Douglas #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 2m2 minutes ago
Const. Doug Kraan to give further evidence on what was found on the hard drive from #Garland home. This time on internet searches.

* I will be away from the computer a bit later, from about 11:00am to 1:30pm MT (sorry, go figure ... life doesn't revolve around this trial the way I do!)
-JS

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 2m2 minutes ago

Jury now entering the courtroom, Cst. Doug Kraan will continue his testimony, now on Internet searches on accused #Garland's computer.

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 29s30 seconds ago
A warning, Kraan's continued testimony will also likely contain disturbing content on the #Garland triple-murder trial.

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 37s38 seconds ago
This morning the court is hearing about Internet search history on the hard drive #Garland #yyc

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 44s44 seconds ago
Kraan said he used 2 tools for his internet analysis on the hard drive, one called internet evidence finder. #Garland #yyc

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 1m1 minute ago
Kraan said the software he uses on scan the computer also keeps track of Internet searches such as Google and Bing. #Garland

Ina SidhuVerified account ‏@CTVInaSidhu 47s47 seconds ago
Cst. Kraan will discuss Internet history analysis this morning #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 51s51 seconds ago
Const. Kraan used EnCase software "my go to tool" and Internet Evidence Finder to search internet history on hard drive. #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 57s57 seconds ago
Kraan going through the internet search history found on the hard drive of the #Garland home (hidden in the rafters)

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 23s23 seconds ago
Kraan says can find info on chat rooms visited, group of peers sharing files. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago
Kraan explains can recover internet and browser history, peer to peer sharing, social media interactions and torrented files #Garland #yyc

Kevin Martin Verified account ‏@KMartinCourts 42s42 seconds ago
Kraan checked the history of browsers such as Firefox and Internet Explorer on the hard drive. #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 1m1 minute ago
Kraan: "I performed some further searching at the request of the crown" specifically web cache files #Garland

During his search Kraan said he found a google map file in a deleted cache from June'14 on #Garland hard drive. #yyc

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 53s53 seconds ago
Cst. Kraan found in deleted cache file, a Google map file containing a pin on Kathy and Alvin Liknes' southwest Calgary address. #Garland

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 1m1 minute ago
Kraan tells the jury he found a Google Maps search for the address 123 38A Ave. SW in June 2014, the Liknes address #Garland #yyc

"i located a map tile..the pin from this map tile is located on the address 123 38 Ave SW Calgary," said Kraan. (Liknes address) #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 57s57 seconds ago
Last access date for the Google map of file of Liknes address was June 17/2014, says Cst. Kraan. #Garland

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 27s27 seconds ago
Kraan now going through URLs found on the hard drive from the #Garland farm. Using internet evidence finder software.

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 37s37 seconds ago
Kraan going through ebay searches for items he discovered on the #Garland computer hard drive

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 57s57 seconds ago
Kraan is going through ebay/kijiji searches found on #Garland hard drive including a kijiji ad for a couch being sold by the Likneses #yyc

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 1m1 minute ago
Cst. Kraan: June 23/2014, at 1:46 a.m., Kijiji site visited where Likneses were advertising items for sale. #Garland

BBM - yep, we sleuthed the heck out of that one too!

Ina SidhuVerified account ‏@CTVInaSidhu 43s43 seconds ago
Kraan says he found a kijiji link to a couch for sale -at the Liknes home #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 46s46 seconds ago
Kijiji search done on hard drive for sofa bed being sold by Likneses. #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 1m1 minute ago
Kraan: URL found for an ad on Kijiji advertising a couch--It was an ad posted for Liknes estate sale #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 37s37 seconds ago
Kraan going through ebay searches for items he discovered on the #Garland computer hard drive

There is another one of those gaps. It's got to be the reporters just omitting certain things. There are tweets about going through his ebay searches but then nothing. Silence for 2 minutes and they are already on to Kijiji.

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 38s39 seconds ago
Cst. Kraan found other items being sold by Likneses, those ads visited on computer found in #Garland home in June 2014.

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 46s47 seconds ago
The advertisements on Kijiji found in the web history was for June 17, 2014 - were all for the Liknes home. #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 54s55 seconds ago
Kraan said searches done include clicks on several Kijiji ads posted by Alvin and Kathy Liknes--including their SW #yyc address #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 2m2 minutes ago
Kijiji search also done June 19, 2014 for leather couch being sold by Likneses. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 47s47 seconds ago
The day before they disappeared, Alvin and Kathy Liknes had an estate sale. They planned to move away from Calgary. #Garland #yyc

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 48s49 seconds ago
June 22, 2014, #Garland computer looked up ad for Liknes estate sale. Earlier testimony by parents said Doug sole computer user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18