Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No I watched the tweets as they were tweeted and I did not see a MKH card being used. The card that was used to make purchases was a ATB CC in DG's name.
To my knowledge, he made all purchases with a credit card. The only thing that was listed as being in MH's name was a debit card that was on his person when he was arrested. Did anyone see a tweet that indicated that the CC was in MH's name as well? :waitasec:

Was reading back and there were reference to receipts from a hobby shop, Walmart, maybe the piano wire place - those could be purchased with MH id. Or maybe the diapers?

Another thing - always wondered about the VHS - 2014/07/07 titled Unsolved Homicides/Keeping Up Appearances - I wondered if it was footage of the case, himself he taped from TV.

Believe there is lots more to come.

From the article,: "Before Kraan began presenting the graphic evidence, Court of Queen's Bench Justice David Gates instructed jurors not to conclude Garland is a "bad character" because of the evidence and therefore infer guilt. Instead, he said they could consider it in the context of three issues: identity, murderous intent, and planning and deliberation."

I took a bit of time this evening to download PDF versions of books found and must say I'm surprised the jury doesn't have to read them. It's piecing together why certain items were purchased and why certain things were searched in further detail on the Web. I understand reading would be hard for the jury, but to connect those dots was huge for me just now. For example the one speaks about disabling or killing a "target" with a piano wire Garotte. We know piano wire was found and DGs parents questioned about if they (or DG) played and DG had garotte images saved to his hard drive yet crown hasn't connected that dot for the jury yet. We also know acupuncture needles were found and the book goes into detail about a method called dim mak - death touch - delayed death via acupuncture.

I see different shoes in all 3 pictures myself i see a white center inside the black on the deltas not in cctv and no color in center on arrest shoes

More shoe pics... doesn't it look like the shoes DG is wearing in the video have a black/dark tongue, whereas the Delta shoes have a white tongue? Also, the dark line at the side looks like it is more forward on the shoes he is wearing, in comparison to the retail pics? and the little 'w' doesn't appear to be the same on the 2 versions? jmo

Wonder why Gallen, the shoe expert, didn't give her opinion on whether these shoes are a match to the 'test shoes' (Delta 2s) they purchased from Walmart?

attachment.php
attachment.php

The above 2 views are from CCTV of shoes worn by DG while purchasing items

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

The above 3 views are from walmart.ca's website for the 'delta' men's athletic shoe

Attachments

• DG shoes in store video cropped.jpg
    DG shoes in store video cropped.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 313
  • DG shoes in store video cropped2.jpg
    DG shoes in store video cropped2.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 320
  • Delta Shoes walmartca listing.jpg
    Delta Shoes walmartca listing.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 306
  • Delta shoes walmartca sideview2.jpg
    Delta shoes walmartca sideview2.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 316
  • Delta shoes walmartca sideview.jpg
    Delta shoes walmartca sideview.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 308
I see different shoes in all 3 pictures myself i see a white center inside the black on the deltas not in cctv and no color in center on arrest shoes

Welcome to WS Kfox! When you say 'white center inside the black', are you talking about the tongue? Or somewhere else? Is it possible to elaborate on the differences you're noticing?

Has it ever been stated as to DG's actual foot size? ie would a size 13 fit his feet? The shoes in the CCTV when looking down at them, sure do look LARGE. Could just be the camera though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000