Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's just it, so far I'm not seeing why his use of MH's identity ties into these crimes. Perhaps there is more to come regarding that? Or perhaps the credit cards WERE in MH's name but we're not getting that out of the tweets? There has to be something or that evidence would have been argued out. I think that we have heard...

Documents in the name of MH found in rafters
Debit card in the name of MH found on DG when arrested
Incomplete kijiji registration in the name of MH found on Sony computer in house.

Anything else? Is this all just to tie into proving that DG used the home computers? That no one named MH used them because DG uses that identity?

I thought I read that some emails received were in the name of MH. I can't remember if there were specifics about which emails, but I presumed that it was to show that DG was trying to disguise some of his research. But then I've been wrong before, right? :blushing:

But if the crown was never supposed to let the jury know that DG did use that identity then what was the point of bringing up the name? Of course now that they know DG used that name it all makes sense to them but had the crown not told them that they would be clueless. We must be missing something because his lawyer would have argued the evidence out successfully if there was no reason for the jury to know about MH.

The jury is just not allowed to know that DG was arrested for identity fraud for using that name. Those charges were stayed and are not relevant to this case. They ARE allowed to know that he used that name. But why do they need to know he used that name is the question.

I thought I read that some emails received were in the name of MH. I can't remember if there were specifics about which emails, but I presumed that it was to show that DG was trying to disguise some of his research. But then I've been wrong before, right? :blushing:

Lol. I'm always afraid when i post something it will be wrong!

Even though the jury has to "forget" i'm glad they heard that DG stole MH's identity. It makes the evidence presented about MH make sense. Without knowing DG stole his identity the evidence about the bank statements, emails and debit cards doesn't make any sense!

His feet do look quite big.

He is so awkward. Just watching him walk in you can tell he'd have social issues.

Seeing that video gives me the creeps. Knowing he was going in there with the intentions he had. Like how does one casually walk in to princess auto to buy things to torture and murder someone?

I live in Calgary and seeing the footage of him in a local store buying tools for horrific intentions made me feel sick. And I've never even been in a Princess Auto store.

Somehow I have a hope that DG wasn't able to carry out the torture phase of his plan, because NO had been there that night. I want to believe that the Amber Alert prompted him to kill them quickly.

2zrg5le.jpg

wbdkl0.png

2jd4760.jpg

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-c...cult-for-everyone-at-the-garland-murder-trial

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/...der-liknes-nathan-obrien-hard-drive-1.3959835

Well that's just it, so far I'm not seeing why his use of MH's identity ties into these crimes. Perhaps there is more to come regarding that? Or perhaps the credit cards WERE in MH's name but we're not getting that out of the tweets? There has to be something or that evidence would have been argued out. I think that we have heard...

Documents in the name of MH found in rafters
Debit card in the name of MH found on DG when arrested
Incomplete kijiji registration in the name of MH found on Sony computer in house.

Anything else? Is this all just to tie into proving that DG used the home computers? That no one named MH used them because DG uses that identity?

Because he was initially arrested for possession of those cards & documents. Those charges were stayed when he was re-arrested for murder. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...spect-in-missing-family-case/article19916634/

Look very similar to me. I recall when I was in the courtroom in 2014 he said he could not see the video monitor - he was not wearing glasses at the time although he was arrested wearing the new glasses and we all remarked on how "mod" they were. Perhaps there is evidence coming of the purchase of the new ones?

The wire frames and the ones he is wearing in the blue shirt are not the same. I can't see the CCTV frames well enough. The sides look thin in that still but not sure. Sides are thick on his "fancy" frames .

Because he was initially arrested for possession of those cards & documents. Those charges were stayed when he was re-arrested for murder. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...spect-in-missing-family-case/article19916634/

Well yes, that is what they used to arrest and hold him when he was under suspicion for the disappearance of the missing people. And the jury should not have been made aware of that. But why is his use of that name relevant in the fact that the jury IS allowed to be aware that they found evidence under that name? How does any of the three things that have been presented to the jury as evidence relate to the murders?

:waitasec:

I believe he was wearing the Delta shoes in the video, but another pair when he was arrested.

Look at the blue (broken) W shape along the sides of the toes then continuing up the middle of toes. This is on both the Delta model of shoes and the shoes in the video. I believe in the video, the white on white seam is very dirty, so it looks darker and like the W is continued in that area.

The arrest shoes are different. The have 2 little blue ovals and nothing on the middle of the toes.

I am wondering if the "delta 2" we can seem to find nothing about simply indicates 'wide' and is not a different in any other way from the regular 'Delta' model.

attachment.php
Walmart Dr Scoll's Delta

attachment.php
Shoes in CCTV video

attachment.php
Shoes from arrest.

Attachments

• 400303682727.jpg
    400303682727.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 164
  • Shoe 2.jpg
    Shoe 2.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 164
  • Arrested in these.jpg
    Arrested in these.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 162
Well yes, that is what they used to arrest and hold him when he was under suspicion for the disappearance of the missing people. And the jury should not have been made aware of that. But why is his use of that name relevant in the fact that the jury IS allowed to be aware that they found evidence under that name? How does any of the three things that have been presented to the jury as evidence relate to the murders?

:waitasec:

So my understanding is - they are not allowed to mention he was arrested for identity theft because those charges were stayed Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 1m1 minute ago
Justice Gates tells jurors they improperly heard evidence #Garland was charged with identity theft. Told to ignore it. Charge was stayed.

However, evidence seized in the home included items in that name and there is proof that he made purchases of objects purportedly used for the murders usng a bank card in MH's name. So that evidence is unfolding per the obvious purchases at Princess Auto and no doubt more to come. If tied directly to murders, this would have to be allowed.

I believe he was wearing the Delta shoes in the video, but another pair when he was arrested.

Look at the blue (broken) W shape along the sides of the toes then continuing up the middle of toes. This is on both the Delta model of shoes and the shoes in the video. I believe in the video, the white on white seam is very dirty, so it looks darker and like the W is continued in that area.

The arrest shoes are different. The have 2 little blue ovals and nothing on the middle of the toes.

I am wondering if the "delta 2" we can seem to find nothing about simply indicates 'wide' and is not a different in any other way from the regular 'Delta' model.

attachment.php
Walmart Dr Scoll's Delta

attachment.php
Shoes in CCTV video

attachment.php
Shoes from arrest.

Oh much better pics - thank you. I am having computer issues tonight - half way through something and Chrome going offline. These are great!

Or he just likes wearing oversized clothing. Those pants are about 4 sizes too large IMO.

DG looks like an ol' boy in those photos. Had he been heavier at one point? Another thought I had regarding the shoes... I am a nurse and there is not a chance that I wear my work shoes anywhere other than work. I cannot fathom that DG would wear his crime scene foot wear before or after, anywhere!

attachment.php
Shoes in CCTV video

attachment.php
Shoes from arrest.

Very interesting because that is the only Delta shoe shown online with that blue line up the front of the toe. All of the others do no appear to have it....

1q4syf.jpg

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/dr-scholls-delta-mens-athletic-shoes-11/714248

xm0cat.jpg

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/dr-scholls-mens-delta-athletic-shoes-13/6000195979989

So that might be the difference between a Delta 2 and just a Delta shoe? The one's with the blue stripe at the toe show only a few left whereas the others appear to be newer stock. And I agree. I do believe he was wearing the Delta 2 shoes in the Princess Auto video when looking at these pics. Or at least NOT the ones he was arrested in.

Good eye. :)

MOO

attachment.php
Walmart Dr Scoll's Delta

attachment.php
Shoes in CCTV video

attachment.php
Shoes from arrest.
Great pics! I totally agree that he's wearing the Delta shoes in the Princess Auto video. This must be the video the footprint expert was talking about.

So my understanding is - they are not allowed to mention he was arrested for identity theft because those charges were stayed Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 1m1 minute ago
Justice Gates tells jurors they improperly heard evidence #Garland was charged with identity theft. Told to ignore it. Charge was stayed.

However, evidence seized in the home included items in that name and there is proof that he made purchases of objects purportedly used for the murders usng a bank card in MH's name. So that evidence is unfolding per the obvious purchases at Princess Auto and no doubt more to come. If tied directly to murders, this would have to be allowed.

Well not exactly. The jury was not allowed to hear that he had been arrested for identify theft. You can't bring in someone's arrest record for other charges if they are not on trial for those charges. The judge told the jury to disregard that they heard that and also told them the charges were stayed. Just so that the jury would know he was not convicted on that charge. Even though they weren't supposed to know about it. The jury also cannot hear about any of his other arrests, charges or convictions. Confused yet?

Okay so the other thing we've been discussing is that it was NOT stated today that he used any method of payment in MH's name when purchasing his "tools". In fact it was said that they found the Princess Auto purchases from his bank records. So I was trying to figure out why it is relevant to mention the 3 pieces of "evidence" that they have mentioned so far pertaining to the name MH. Which is the documents in the rafters, the entries in the Sony computer, and the debit card on his person at the time of his arrest.

The error today was that I suppose the Crown was allowed to mention that he was found with that debit card at the time of his arrest, because of course the jury know that he was arrested, at least for this crime, but they were not to mention that it was actually at the time of his original arrest which was for the identity theft.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member