Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 54s54 seconds ago
Could take several seconds or a minute to knock someone out with chloroform, says Brooks-Lim. #Garland

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 1m1 minute ago
Defence lawyer Kim Ross cross-examining Brooks-Lim now.
She says it would take seconds to minutes for chloroform to take effect
#Garland

You know I've tried to be objective about the reporter twitter coverage of this trial. As a Canadian I've followed several by twitter alone. At this time I have to say this is by far the worst coverage of any trial I've followed. Both via twitter and later in the written online news reports. We are not getting the feel for this trial at all...or a LOT of the information. A lull like this one is unheard of in the news game.

MOO
And, when we hear from people actually in the courtroom there's lots of missing information

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 33s33 seconds ago
B-L confirms that when she first attended the Liknes home she couldn't confirm for sure if it was blood- DNA testing since proved. #Garland

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 39s39 seconds ago
Brooks-Lim confirms the three victims could have been fatally injured at Liknes' home #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 44s44 seconds ago
Ross: entirely possible these people suffered fatal injuries at the Liknes residence. They could have, she says. #Garland

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 54s54 seconds ago
Brooks-Lim says the sources of the blood at Liknes residence was from all three missing people. No proof the injuries were fatal. #Garland

I wonder, if nothing can be determined to be human, maybe it is considered inflammatory or misleading to mention bone fragments at all?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well there is the question of kitchen garbage and chicken/beef/pork bones. But really. How would any fragments, some pretty good size according to the pictures, of any animal bones have survived a fire at 1000 degrees C? The fragments I saw are about the same size as animal bones that first go into the garbage.

We all know what they are. And there are forensic scientists out there that probably could have been called in to state their opinion. But if they weren't. Why? They owed it to those detectives, especially the one who got choked up discussing sifting through those ashes, to at least try everything possible to get one or more of those fragments identified.

MOO

SAD WARNING

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 46s46 seconds ago
Brooks-Lim: blood found at Liknes home came from all three, Kathy, Alvin and Nathan. #Garland

INJURY INFO

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago
Ross asks that due to quantity of blood + hair found Liknes residence if it suggests head injury. B-L says yes. #Garland

Ross says blood in one of the bedrooms was mixed with hair. Quantity could have been fatal, Brooks-Lim confirms #Garland

Well there is the question of kitchen garbage and chicken/beef/pork bones. But really. How would any fragments, some pretty good size according to the pictures, of any animal bones have survived a fire at 1000 degrees C? The fragments I saw are about the same size as animal bones that first go into the garbage.

We all know what they are. And there are forensic scientists out there that probably could have been called in to state their opinion. But if they weren't. Why? They owed it to those detectives, especially the one who got choked up discussing sifting through those ashes, to at least try everything possible to get one or more of those fragments identified.

MOO
They still could be called, they are only at around 24 of 60 witnesses

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 1m1 minute ago
Brooks-Lim says the term "violent struggle" isn't something she can comment upon. If head trauma, may not have been struggle. #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 1m1 minute ago
Brooks-Lim says drag marks in house don't necessarily mean victims were fully unconscious. #Garland

Drag marks in home could suggest victim was unconscious, Brooks-Lim says #Garland

Wasn't there flesh/teeth found near the burn barrel. I really should have taken notes from day 1.

Ah yes, the alleged burnt flesh. Maybe there are more experts to come? :waitasec:

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 53s53 seconds ago
Brooks-Lim says a tearing of the scalp could cause much blood, but not a significant head injury. #Garland

So NO's blood was found at the Liknes residence. Expected, but still really difficult to hear. I bet that's brutal for JO and Ro to hear as well, even though they likely knew that already. Heartbreaking. F*cking savage.

SAD WARNING

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 46s46 seconds ago
Brooks-Lim: blood found at Liknes home came from all three, Kathy, Alvin and Nathan. #Garland

Even though i knew this was coming it's heartbreaking.

Who got hit hard enough to leave hair mixed with the blood? It sounds like maybe that person was killed at the house. JO thought it was Nathan's hair. Please let him have been killed instantly in his sleep.

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago
DNA found in home was for Kathy + Alvin Liknes and Nathan O'Brien - no other DNA found. #Garland #yyc

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 50s51 seconds ago
"They may still have been alive," Brooks-Lim says, of inability to says Likneses and Nathan killed at home. #Garland

Ina SidhuVerified account ‏@CTVInaSidhu 56s57 seconds ago
She also says it's difficult to say if victims in Liknes home were conscious or not #Garland

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 1m1 minute ago
Brooks-Lim says based on blood presence at the home, she can't confirm if the injuries were fatal #Garland #yyc

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 1m1 minute ago
Ross: "They may still have been alive" says Brooks-Lim of her investigation of crime scene. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 2m2 minutes ago
B-L "it's difficult for me to say w/ absolute certainty that they suffered fatal injuries at the house..they could have been alive" #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 54s54 seconds ago
Could take several seconds or a minute to knock someone out with chloroform, says Brooks-Lim. #Garland

Defence lawyer Kim Ross cross-examining Brooks-Lim now.
She says it would take seconds to minutes for chloroform to take effect
#Garland

So...a person who was attempting to knock someone out with chloroform might find themselves in an altercation with that person because it's effect is not instant. Hmm....thanks for pointing that out defence team. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop