Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we will find out tomorrow. Kevin Martin tweeted that is was a half day today, short day thursday and no court friday. It seems he is the only one though. I did check his twitter and its there but i can't figure out how to copy and paste a tweet on here! It's not important, but i needed to prove to myself i saw it earlier!

[video=twitter;826843891336781826]https://twitter.com/KMartinCourts/status/826843891336781826[/video]

:)

I guess we will find out tomorrow. Kevin Martin tweeted that is was a half day today, short day thursday and no court friday. It seems he is the only one though. I did check his twitter and its there but i can't figure out how to copy and paste a tweet on here! It's not important, but i needed to prove to myself i saw it earlier!

You're doing fine Olive! Your tweet actually did show up in your original comment and also when you replied to your own post, it was there again. Not sure why you can't see it, but I could.

DISTURBING FOR SOME - Re info on cremation

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 35s35 seconds ago
Being asked about cremation - Says once a temperature is above 1800 degrees Fahrenheit the bone will "turn to ash". #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 37s37 seconds ago
Soft tissue and bones will be turned to ash at a temperature of 1,000 C. #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 54s54 seconds ago
Brooks-Lim: temp to cremate body varies, but once reaches greater than 1,000 centigrade, soft tissues and bones will burn to ash. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago
Brooks-Lim says cremation is generally done 180 degrees F causing the bones and flesh to burn to ash. #Garland #yyc

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 1m1 minute ago
Crown: What's temp needed to cremate a person?
B-L: greater than 1000 degrees centigrade will cause body to burn to ash
#Garland

This is so interesting and explains why I could reduce a dead possum's bones to ash. I had him in the hottest part of a large outdoor wood burn and it was extremely hot.

My outdoor burns usually get so hot I cant even get near them and have to use a long handled metal rake to stir. I run in and stir and run out. LOL

This is so interesting and explains why I could reduce a dead possum's bones to ash. I had him in the hottest part of a large outdoor wood burn and it was extremely hot. burn to ash
Is there something we should know about you?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

You're doing fine Olive! Your tweet actually did show up in your original comment and also when you replied to your own post, it was there again. Not sure why you can't see it, but I could.

Thanks!

Is there something we should know about you?

LOL Just have to burn a lot of fallen dead trees.

A few years ago a coyote killed a possum and i tested if I could burn bones to ash. It was during another case and I was always curious about whether a fire could do it. I was really surprised when I found nothing left at all. The fire completely reduced it to nothing but ash.

A possum has a small set of bones and the skull was rather small so that probably had a lot to do with it.

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 33s33 seconds ago
B-L confirms that when she first attended the Liknes home she couldn't confirm for sure if it was blood- DNA testing since proved. #Garland

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 39s39 seconds ago
Brooks-Lim confirms the three victims could have been fatally injured at Liknes' home #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 44s44 seconds ago
Ross: entirely possible these people suffered fatal injuries at the Liknes residence. They could have, she says. #Garland

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 54s54 seconds ago
Brooks-Lim says the sources of the blood at Liknes residence was from all three missing people. No proof the injuries were fatal. #Garland

Catching up from todays testimony.

IMO
I know there are more witnesses to come but I am very disappointed in the way the state is presenting the evidence.

Todays main witness was a disappointment to me.

Couldnt tell if blood or not
Couldnt tell if they died at home or not
Couldnt tell if clhoroform knocked them out quick or not

My question. Then why put the jury and family through all this suspense. Just get to the main witnesses that can prove the case and be done with it.

Ive tried to be patient but am very disappointed and I think a lot of these witnesses could have been eliminated.

What a sad day in the trial to find out ALL THREE VICTIMS DNA was found at the Liknes home 😭. That poor sweet INNOCENT boy...I hope DG rots in hell for this. I can't even imagine what is to come in the next week 😢

I just saw on CTV news that tomorrow's testimony will be a Forensic Dentist and the Psychologist DG went to every week.

I just saw on CTV news that tomorrow's testimony will be a Forensic Dentist and the Psychologist DG went to every week.

Hmmm very intetesting. How much did he talk about with the psychologist??? Possibly what todays legal arguements were about. I'm sure there are things DG doesn't want revealed.

Giddy up! Now this testimony should be interesting. I wonder how much he can divulge? Any thoughts?

For the person wondering if DG looks around when he walks in, no he did not on the day I was there. He walks in all meek and poor postured in his blue prison garb and goes directly to his chair. His chair is like 4 steps from the door he enters from. He stood when he had to (for judge and jury entrance/exit) but sat and paid attention to the proceedings. Looked at the witness, the judge and his lawyer. He's in a box with a sheriff as guard and another sheriff on the outside of the box. The box is open (I thought he'd be in a protected box) with a pad of paper, pen, water and a screen so he can see the exhibits the jury is seeing. He speaks to his lawyer before being lead out or when he needs more water and hands his notes to his lawyer.

Giddy up! Now this testimony should be interesting. I wonder how much he can divulge? Any thoughts?

I have no idea. I would have thought nothing at all, but if so, he/she wouldn't be testifying! I will see if I can dig up some legal guidelines on this.

I have no idea. I would have thought nothing at all, but if so, he/she wouldn't be testifying! I will see if I can dig up some legal guidelines on this.

I would assume only anything pertaining to the victims, or anything that would have given an inclination he would self harm or harm others. But if he gave any inclination he would harm others it would have been the psychologists duty to report that at the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Found this, but still looking (not satisified yet):

Ontario (different in Alberta???)
http://www.therapytorontotherapist.ca/therapy_confidentiality.htm
"A court can order a counsellor or therapist to testify about what a client told them and/or produce session notes. The professional may protest, and may hire a lawyer to represent him, but the judge's decision prevails. "

Disappointed in wish washy testimony of main witness today. DG MUST BE FEELING SMUG!

For the person wondering if DG looks around when he walks in, no he did not on the day I was there. He walks in all meek and poor postured in his blue prison garb and goes directly to his chair. His chair is like 4 steps from the door he enters from. He stood when he had to (for judge and jury entrance/exit) but sat and paid attention to the proceedings. Looked at the witness, the judge and his lawyer. He's in a box with a sheriff as guard and another sheriff on the outside of the box. The box is open (I thought he'd be in a protected box) with a pad of paper, pen, water and a screen so he can see the exhibits the jury is seeing. He speaks to his lawyer before being lead out or when he needs more water and hands his notes to his lawyer.
I'm sure the meekness is an act, he didn't look meek on the perp walk or in the cctv video from Princess Auto.

I'm sure the meekness is an act, he didn't look meek on the perp walk or in the cctv video from Princess Auto.

I 100% agree with you and even said so that day. It's all a damn game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx