Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! If that's the case, then my guess is that Kathryn was at the door, Nathan was in the upstairs bedroom or he ran there when he saw Garland - not realizing that his mom was gone, and Alvin was in his bed. Was Jennifer in the spare room with the baby, Nathan was in the basement with Kathryn, and that would put Alvin in the master bedroom? Perhaps she was on the inside listening to see what was happening when Garland burst in.

That would mean that they were all awake at the time of the attack ... with Nathan hiding in the bedroom where his mom should have been, Alvin and Garland struggling with the overturned TV in the master bedroom, and Kathryn perhaps most injured at the side entrance?

hope that is not how it went down!!!!!

I have seen many posts referencing "litres of blood", "signs of a violent struggle" and so on. Actually, from the photos we have seen, I consider there to be very little blood and almost no signs of a "violent struggle". Instead. I see evidence that ties in with my original theorey - these people were bludgeoned in their sleep.

I didn't think there was that much blood either, but then I have never seen a large quantity of blood, so I have nothing to compare it to. We do have to remember the pictures are on carpet, so we have to way of knowing how much is not visible due to soaking in. I think the upset TV and different areas of blood in the master bedroom do in fact show a struggle.

hope that is not how it went down!!!!!

I sure hope not, but that explains why there was blood in the spare bedroom upstairs even though Kathryn and Nathan were asleep in the sofa bed in the basement. Since Kathryn was sleeping near the side door, it's most likely that she heard the drilling at the door. If "blood letting" at the side door means a point of attack (which makes complete sense), it's most likely where Kathryn was attacked. Nathan should have been in the basement, but another "blood letting" was in the spare bedroom - the room where his mom was sleeping. If Nathan was awake, he'd most likely run to his mom ... if only he had run to his grandfather. Alvin would have engaged Garland giving Nathan a chance to run out of the house.

I've always thought that Alvin was the third victim in the Master bedroom.

I didn't think there was that much blood either, but then I have never seen a large quantity of blood, so I have nothing to compare it to. We do have to remember the pictures are on carpet, so we have to way of knowing how much is not visible due to soaking in. I think the upset TV and different areas of blood in the master bedroom do in fact show a struggle.

Not a lot of blood - agree. Are there other pics we haven't seen?

Bill Graveland ?@BillGraveland
Re: truck videos McCaw said there were several sightings of a pick up between 3:24 and 3:31 am, June 30, 2014. Again at 5 am and 8 am.

Valerie Fortney ?@ValFortney
TV court screens now showing green truck similar to one #Garland drove on CCTV video around 3 a.m., June 30/14 just outside the Liknes home.

DG goes to the L house, drills the doorlock, attacks 3 people, possibly tries to clean up somewhat(?), wraps them up in sheets(?), drags them along the side of the house to his truck, turns off the L wireless router, puts a dumbbell in the garage(?), loads them one by one into the back of his truck, all without any neighbours hearing or seeing anything - taking approximately 1.75-2 hrs.? He leaves JUST before sunrise.

Sunrise 5:25am on June 30, 2014
https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/canada/calgary?month=6&year=2014

Lucie Edwardson ?@MetroLucie
CCTV footage from Buddha's Veggie shows green truck that "appears to have contents in the truck box" around 5:16 a.m. June 30, 2014 #Garland

Kevin Martin ?@KMartinCourts
Green pickup similar to Garland's seen on Macleod Tr. around 5 am on June 30, 2014, had white item in truck box. #Garland

Meghan Grant ?@CBCMeg
CCTV image from 5:16 am shows something in truck box. 3 hours later, it's empty #Garland

Nancy Hixt ?@NancyHixt
McCaw CCTV June 30/14 5:15am-appears to have "white" contents in back-7:37am drives in opposite direction and has nothing in box #Garland[/QUOTE]

DG leaves L residence around 5:15am June 30th, drives approx 31 minutes to his home (5:45am), unloads the victims, presumably hides them and cleans out his truck, removes his clothing and hides it, takes a shower (around 7-7:30am?), gets dressed, speaks to his mother, and then drives approx 31 minutes back to Calgary to be seen driving past the L residence, and shows up half an hour late (8;30am) to his psych visit.

@MetroLucie

On June 30 Doreen says she woke up she asked Archie if son Douglas #Garland had left for his psychiatry appt yet. Doug was showering. #yyc

On June 30/14 Doreen said she went to a memorial service. Wasn't home until 5. Was tired and told Archie and Doug to eat leftovers. #Garland

Doreen said that day she spoke with her son before leaving to the memorial. Asked him to bring his dad soup at lunch- he agreed. #Garland

On June 30'14 Doreen confirms to defence she saw son in am, and again around 5 upon return from memorial service. #Garland #yyc

Nancy Hixt ?@NancyHixt
McCaw CCTV June 30/14 5:15am-appears to have "white" contents in back-7:37am drives in opposite direction and has nothing in box #Garland

Valerie Fortney ?@ValFortney
"Appears to have contents in the truck box," says McCaw of green truck just after 5 a.m. on MacLeod Trail on June 30/14. #Garland"
"Two hrs, 21 minutes later, what appears to be same truck driving opposite direction on MacLeod trail June 30/14, empty truck box. #Garland"

Meghan Grant ?@CBCMeg
CCTV image from 5:16 am shows something in truck box. 3 hours later, it's empty #Garland

Bill Graveland ?@BillGraveland
Court heard that #Garland had a weekly Monday morning appointment with Dr. Fischer at 8 a.m. He was a half hour late on June 30, 2014.

If the empty truck was seen on video at 7:21am, or 7:37am in the L neighbourhood/MacLeod Trail, how was he in the shower and/or talking to his mother at the same approx time, and why was he late for his 8am appointment? Where are these times of '7:37am', '2 hrs,21mins later', '3 hours later', coming from? All of the reporters were there reporting on the same thing, why are the times the reporters heard/saw all different?

After the evidence I have seen presented in court so far, I don't think the Crown even needs proof of kidnapping to determine first-degree murder verdicts. If they can prove that a victim was alive when taken from the house--that's another solid factor, but I don't think it is necessary for a FD conviction. JMO

Could the sighting of the truck have been at different locations?
7:21 close to Airdrie, 7:37 in Calgary city limits, 8:00 near the Liknes home, 8:30 medical appointment?

After the evidence I have seen presented in court so far, I don't think the Crown even needs proof of kidnapping to determine first-degree murder verdicts. If they can prove that a victim was alive when taken from the house--that's another solid factor, but I don't think it is necessary for a FD conviction. JMO

What makes this case unique is the absence of bodies, and therefore where they were murdered has more significance.

In some sense, this was a home invasion, assault, kidnapping (if the victims were alive), and then total destruction of victims at a secondary location.

Not a lot of blood - agree. Are there other pics we haven't seen?

I came across this one as well; it also seems to be a 'blood-letting' location, but it is on a stair landing, and I can't tell if this is also at the entryway? If anyone can read the floorplans in relation to the photos, would this be at the side door entryway?

attachment.php

this is a photo issued by the courts as one of the many exhibits in this case, posted by CP

Attachments

• liknes crimescene stairwell.jpg
    liknes crimescene stairwell.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 142
Here are the floorplans again:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

as presented in court as exhibits and tweeted by many reporters

Attachments

• Liknes Floorplan Main.jpg
    Liknes Floorplan Main.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 127
  • Liknes Floorplan Bsmt.jpg
    Liknes Floorplan Bsmt.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Liknes Floorplan Bedroom Level.jpg
    Liknes Floorplan Bedroom Level.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 132
7:37 am was by Buddha's Veggie (which I believe is close to the L house?) according to this (need to scroll way down to truck pictures)
https://www.metronews.ca/news/calga...arland-farm-materials.html?platform=hootsuite

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has Buddha's veggie changed locations (I don't think it has)? It's on 58th avenue and Macleod Trail, which is South of the Liknes property at 123 38a Avenue - in the wrong direction (Airdrie is North of 38a Avenue). Maybe he went South on Blackfoot Trail, took 58th Avenue to Macleod Trail, and then backtracked to 39 Avenue.

Something about that doesn't really add up. Could the time stamp on the Buddha's veggie camera be off?

Here are the floorplans again:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

as presented in court as exhibits and tweeted by many reporters

The house is on a 50 foot wide lot, so the house is roughly 40-45 feet wide.
Would that mean that Kathryn and Nathan were sleeping 20-25 feet, and down a few steps, from where Garland was drilling the lock?

I came across this one as well; it also seems to be a 'blood-letting' location, but it is on a stair landing, and I can't tell if this is also at the entryway? If anyone can read the floorplans in relation to the photos, would this be at the side door entryway?

attachment.php

this is a photo issued by the courts as one of the many exhibits in this case, posted by CP

Aren't those the stairs going down to the basement and up to the kitchen?
... opposite the "coatroom".

Map of possible route from Airdrie to Buddhas to Liknes to Dental Group

attachment.php

Attachments

• Airdrie Buddhas Liknes Fischer.jpg
    Airdrie Buddhas Liknes Fischer.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 126
Has Buddha's veggie changed locations (I don't think it has)? It's on 58th avenue and Macleod Trail, which is South of the Liknes property at 123 38a Avenue - in the wrong direction (Airdrie is North of 38a Avenue). Maybe he went South on Blackfoot Trail, took 58th Avenue to Macleod Trail, and then backtracked to 39 Avenue.

Something about that doesn't really add up. Could the time stamp on the Buddha's veggie camera be off?

It would be helpful to know which direction DG was driving each time he drove past Bhudda's, if the photos were labelled "southbound" or "northbound".

I'm going to suggest one scenario, knowing now that Bhudda's is south of the L home. DG drove from the L home south on Macleod Trail to Glenmore Trail, then east to the Deerfoot north to Airdrie. That would be the 5 am sighting, with white cargo in the back.

Then, on his return trip, with an empty truck bed, he drove QE 2/Deerfoot to Glenmore, west on Glenmore to Macleod, north on Macleod past Bhudda's towards the L home. What the reason was for the return, we don't know. But after that he could have taken any of a number of routes to get to his Dr. appointment, such as North on Macleod to 7th ave or Bow trail to go west.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Two of the timestamps were from Buddha's Veggie. So they would then both be off.

The house is on a 50 foot wide lot, so the house is roughly 40-45 feet wide.
Would that mean that Kathryn and Nathan were sleeping 20-25 feet, and down a few steps, from where Garland was drilling the lock?

I think so, IF they were still downstairs at that time?

Map of possible route from Airdrie to Buddhas to Liknes to Dental Group

attachment.php

It would make more sense for Garland to turn on 42 Avenue to get to the Liknes property, not to drive to 58 Avenue, drive by Buddha's veggie, and then backtrack to 38 Avenue. That's why I'm wondering if the time clock on the restaurant video is off - or maybe he took an unusual route to get to the Liknes property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme