Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There wasn't anything in the testimony about how they were put into the back of the truck. The Liknes house was between two cameras so police knew when he was at the house, but not exactly what he was doing. My guess is that Nathan was carried, Kathryn was dragged, and possibly Alvin walked. Garland had more than one option for knocking him out after he was in the back of the truck.
I feel like NO was in the cab to keep the grandparents in the back. It sure would be likely to keep his grandparents compliant if DG told them to behave or he'd harm NO.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

[video=twitter;828981335536594944]https://twitter.com/CTVCalgary/status/828981335536594944[/video]

White tarps, or drop cloths, are very common amongst painters and other trades workers. I think I have two good sized ones in my garage right now from a bathroom reno project. Very heavy weight, but not super absorbent.
Yes, drop cloths would be perfect since they have more weight and wouldn't blow around as much. My Opa was a painter by trade and we're still using some on his drop cloths and he's been dead since 1979!

Part of me wants to see it with my own eyes to believe it. I'm wondering whether there are blurred shapes with some white, or whether there are distinct bodies.
It's a hard one isn't it! I have some curiosity as well but don't want to see it at the same time.

I feel like NO was in the cab to keep the grandparents in the back. It sure would be likely to keep his grandparents compliant if DG told them to behave or he'd harm NO.

Jennifer said that she thinks her son's hair was stuck (suggests with blood) to her shoe after she walked through the crime scene - which I think suggests a severe head injury. I don't think Garland would take a chance of leaving DNA evidence of Nathan in the cab of the truck.

I'll say it. I want to see The Pictures. I will cry for an hour afterwards, but I want to see them. Then I want them to disappear forever and not live on the internet through all time.
I know it can't be that way though.

Re: the diapers...some are speculating they were to contain bodily fluids. I might buy that, except for the fact that they found diaper fetish searches on the hard drive. It seems very unlikely to me that he put them on at the house. That would take a lot of time and he wasn't there that long. It's possible, but not likely. It seems more likely to me this was part of the whole twisted fantasy/humiliation/psycho thing. Thoughts? Or was it for a "practical" (for lack of a better word) reason?

I want to see them as well...but agree they shouldn't be posted directly here. Only a link for those who do want to see them.

I'll say it. I want to see The Pictures. I will cry for an hour afterwards, but I want to see them. Then I want them to disappear forever and not live on the internet through all time.

I want to see it to believe it. Some of the evidence seems 'suggestive', so I want to see if this is suggestive, or unquestionable.

332 accidents in the last 24 hours in Calgary ... -40 with windchill.
Not a good day to go out, but I suspect the DNA evidence testimony will draw many into the deep freeze.

Re: the diapers...some are speculating they were to contain bodily fluids. I might buy that, except for the fact that they found diaper fetish searches on the hard drive. It seems very unlikely to me that he put them on at the house. That would take a lot of time and he wasn't there that long. It's possible, but not likely. It seems more likely to me this was part of the whole twisted fantasy/humiliation/psycho thing. Thoughts? Or was it for a "practical" (for lack of a better word) reason?

I agree and I think the jury will too. It's not a coincidence that he had a diaper fetish that involved torture and being restrained and then his victims were seen in diapers. Do we honestly think this guy would care about the bladder and bowels emptying upon death? He dismembered three bodies. That is way messier than the body releasing itself after death.

I agree and I think the jury will too. It's not a coincidence that he had a diaper fetish that involved torture and being restrained and then his victims were seen in diapers. Do we honestly think this guy would care about the bladder and bowels emptying upon death? He dismembered three bodies. That is way messier than the body releasing itself after death.

Excellent point.

332 accidents in the last 24 hours in Calgary ... -40 with windchill.
Not a good day to go out, but I suspect the DNA evidence testimony will draw many into the deep freeze.
The traffic was terrible and worse was the stupid people! I left 1/2 hour earlier than yesterday and got to work later than yesterday! There's no gravel anywhere!

Jennifer said that she thinks her son's hair was stuck (suggests with blood) to her shoe after she walked through the crime scene - which I think suggests a severe head injury. I don't think Garland would take a chance of leaving DNA evidence of Nathan in the cab of the truck.
Or he grabbed him by the hair when he was running away.

The traffic was terrible and worse was the stupid people! I left 1/2 hour earlier than yesterday and got to work later than yesterday! There's no gravel anywhere!

I'm stunned that they haven't gravelled. Crowchild was one pure sheet of ice. I averaged 4km/hr. It took me 90 minutes to get home last night. Good times.

Yeah, I'm kind of with you on that.

Just wanted to chime in re: Defence lawyers. I have seen a lot of negative comments online about criminal defence lawyers and wanted to try and make their role in society a little more acceptable to the masses. Disclaimer - I am related to a former criminal defence lawyer so have had long conversations as I didn't understand how he could do it either. The first thing he said is that criminal defence lawyers all share a passion for the legal process and the idea of a fair trial. They believe this is an entitlement for everyone. Second - they do feel bad when they know their client is guilty so the next part of a fair trial is to ensure that there are no grounds for appeal should the client be found guilty. Finally, he believed that good defence lawyers ensure that our law enforcement does everything by the book and doesn't compromise the trial by doing something incorrectly or missing anything that could convict a person. I truly believe these people have an extremely difficult profession and they are doing what they do because it is a job that needs to be done and they have passion for fairness.

The diapers are also enough proof for me that they were alive at that farm. He wanted to humiliate them. He put them in diapers and tied them up (i believe shackles were found in the burn pit or maybe barrel). He made them soil themselves in diapers and got a peverse pleasure by stripping them of dignity.He is a sick man.

All my opinion of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member