Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
GRAPHIC GRAPHIC

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 29s29 seconds ago
Blood drip stains in centre of same spare bedroom bed had Nathan's DNA, says Sgt. Arns.#Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 1m1 minute ago
Drop bloodstains beside large saturation stain contained Nathan O'Brien's DNA, says Arns. #Garland

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 1m1 minute ago
Blood drip stain on bed in spare room comes back as match to Nathan's DNA
#Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 2m2 minutes ago
"Medium to low velocity" blood spatter stains on spare bedroom headboard, says Sgt. Arns, matched Kathy Liknes' DNA. #Garland

Ina SidhuVerified account ‏@CTVInaSidhu 2m2 minutes ago
Blood drip stains more in the centre of the bed of spare bedroom - matched DNA for Nathan O'Brien #garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 2m2 minutes ago
Heavily saturated area of mattress had Kathy Liknes' DNA, says Arns. #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 3m3 minutes ago
Arns-mattress stains tested from front bedroom (spare bedroom)--also came back as match to DNA of Kathy Liknes #Garland

Wtf did he do to nathan? Drip marks makes it seem like he wasn't hit. No saturation or spatter. But he was dripping blood in the bed. Did he cut him? 😭

It's all so over the top violent and vicious - at times you almost lose your grip on reality and think it's like a horror movie. But imagine the terror, the fear, the pain...having this monster burst into your bedroom while you sleep and just attack violently...I can't comprehend what these poor people went through.

DG is the embodiment of pure evil. And he smugly sits there, pleading not guilty and taking his stupid ****ing notes. He needs to suffer.

He will. Even if by some insane mechanism he got off in court (which will never happen) - he would still absolutely pay for this crime. Perhaps in worse ways.

It's all so over the top violent and vicious - at times you almost lose your grip on reality and think it's like a horror movie. But imagine the terror, the fear, the pain...having this monster burst into your bedroom while you sleep and just attack violently...I can't comprehend what these poor people went through.

DG is the embodiment of pure evil. And he smugly sits there, pleading not guilty and taking his stupid ****ing notes. He needs to suffer.

I agree. it takes my breath away when I think about it for too long. It's like a horror movie but it's real. I can't even comprehend how terrifying that would be. and to be the family and know that your family members last moments were so horrifying. As a mother you would be broken knowing that at the worst moment of your son's life you weren't there.

GRAPHIC

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 31s32 seconds ago
Sgt. Arns says it was a blunt impact, could have been an object, a hand or a foot, "it was a significant impact" #Garland

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 56s57 seconds ago
For at least one impact to Kathy, she was on the floor (in spare room), says Arns #Garland

In Arns opinion Kathy Liknes was on the floor when impact injury which caused her bleeding occurred. #Garland

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 2m2 minutes ago
Sgt. Arns says at least one impact to Kathy Liknes, she was on the floor in the spare bedroom at the time of impact. #Garland

Blood transfer stain on doorframe to patio contained both Kathy and Alvin Liknes' DNA, says Arns. #Garland

He will. Even if by some insane mechanism he got off in court (which will never happen) - he would still absolutely pay for this crime. Perhaps in worse ways.
My fear is that this little troll will be perfectly content in his little prison room with his TV and books and memories of his brutality, all the while being 100% protected from harm himself. Smugly sitting there, getting his 3 squares a day, thinking, "yeah - totally worth it". I am seething.

BRACE YOURSELF - GRAPHIC

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 37s38 seconds ago
Arns couldn't say what kind of weapon would have been used but it did produce a lot of blood. #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 44s45 seconds ago
Arns said Kathy would have had a "blunt impact" suggests a hand or a foot- "there was significant impact to create the stains" #Garland

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 45s46 seconds ago
It was "significant impact," says Arns of Kathy's injuries. Of Nathan she says, "There was a blood letting injury"

Ina SidhuVerified account ‏@CTVInaSidhu 47s48 seconds ago
She can't say what would have been used to cause the impact #Garland

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 51s52 seconds ago
Arns can't say what caused blood dripping of Nathan O'Brien's on spare bedroom bed. Only that there was an injury and it dripped #Garland

GRAPHIC - Master BRoom

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 39s39 seconds ago
Blood in master bedroom had Alvin Liknes' DNA profile. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 42s42 seconds ago
Swabs from master bedroom matched DNA profile of Alvin Liknes. #Garland #yyc

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 58s58 seconds ago
Arns is now showing photos taken of the Master Bedroom-court has earlier heard that's where Alvin Liknes would have been sleeping #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 1m1 minute ago
Now seeing master bedroom where Alvin Liknes slept; TV overturned, had blood saturation stain beside it. Transfer stains there too. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago
Blood spatter was noticed on the floor, the nightstand, a TV on the floor and an air conditioning unit. #Garland #yyc

"There were multiple drip stains observed (in the master bedroom)," says Arns. #Garland

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 1m1 minute ago Arns now discussing master bedroom blood stains #Garland #yyc

I agree. it takes my breath away when I think about it for too long. It's like a horror movie but it's real. I can't even comprehend how terrifying that would be. and to be the family and know that your family members last moments were so horrifying. As a mother you would be broken knowing that at the worst moment of your son's life you weren't there.
I don't know how JO even gets up in the morning. I see her in the building sometimes and she has this glow - a real warmth to her. What strength it would take. I remember during the press conferences, Rod seemed much more emotional than Jennifer. I can't believe her strength. I'm sure it's being tested to its full capacity right now.

GRAPHIC - Master BRoom

Multiple spatter stains on TV, air conditioner and night stand in master bedroom, says Arns. #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 2m2 minutes ago
Arns describes blood found throughout master bedroom-DNA matched Alvin Liknes #Garland

[video=twitter;829407411031142401]https://twitter.com/CBCMeg/status/829407411031142401[/video]

BRACE YOURSELF - GRAPHIC

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 37s38 seconds ago
Arns couldn't say what kind of weapon would have been used but it did produce a lot of blood. #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 44s45 seconds ago
Arns said Kathy would have had a "blunt impact" suggests a hand or a foot- "there was significant impact to create the stains" #Garland

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 45s46 seconds ago
It was "significant impact," says Arns of Kathy's injuries. Of Nathan she says, "There was a blood letting injury"

Ina SidhuVerified account ‏@CTVInaSidhu 47s48 seconds ago
She can't say what would have been used to cause the impact #Garland

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 51s52 seconds ago
Arns can't say what caused blood dripping of Nathan O'Brien's on spare bedroom bed. Only that there was an injury and it dripped #Garland

Ugh what did that monster do to little nathan??? What besides a cut would drip and not cause spatter?

GRAPHIC, GRAPHIC

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 24s24 seconds ago
200+ spatter stains on area near bed. Alvin was low to the ground at the time of impact (was his DNA) #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 30s30 seconds ago
Arns said based on the blood patterns she doesn't believe it to have been a gunshot. Drum R of photo had more than 100 spatters #Garland

Bamboo drum in master bedroom had more than 100 spatter stains on it, says Arns. #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 2m2 minutes ago Staining in master bedroom not consistent with gunshot, says Arns. #Garland

GRPAHIC

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 49s50 seconds ago
Arns: "Blood source," Or "Alvin," was close to the floor when a large amt of blood was shed in master bedroom. #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 53s54 seconds ago
Alvin Liknes would have been low to the floor at time he suffered impact that caused his bleeding, says Arns.#Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago
Again, DNA profile matched Alvin Liknes. #Garland #yyc

It is difficult for me to fathom how this person, who seems diminutive in the photos (imo), was able to get AL into the back of his truck bed.

attachment.php

It could also be adrenalin - that can make you pretty strong!

IMO , GRAPHIC and DISTURBING:

We have both KL and AL being close to the ground when impact happened. I feel sure he injected them with something, they stumbled and went down then the sick coward attacked. I think he slit N's throat. I'm so very very sorry.

The frenzied violence of it all - the amount of energy and aggression - I wonder if DG was on meth when he did this??

GRAPHIC

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 26s26 seconds ago
"the blood source was on or near the ground," said Arns re blood stains in master bedroom, where we heard Alvin Liknes was sleeping #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 1m1 minute ago
Arns showing jury graphic images taken of the master bedroom... there was a large amount of blood in the room-DNA of Alvin Liknes #Garland

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 3m3 minutes ago
Arns says there were more than 200 spatter stains in the night stand area, DNA profile match to Alvin LIknes. #Garland

IMO , GRAPHIC and DISTURBING:

We have both KL and AL being close to the ground when impact happened. I feel sure he injected them with something, they stumbled and went down then the sick coward attacked. I think he slit N's throat. I'm so very very sorry.

Was just going to say the same thing. Ugh

The frenzied violence of it all - the amount of energy and aggression - I wonder if DG was on meth when he did this??

YES it fits. I wonder if thats why he walked back to the truck. First, check that all is "a go" then go back to the truck for a hit?

GRAPHIC

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 2m2 minutes ago
Arns conclusion: "There was a minimum of one impact to Alvin" near the ground. Can't say how blood got on TV, air conditioner #Garland #yyc

Alvin Liknes would have been struck at least once, says Arns. "He may have been hit ... several times." #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 2m2 minutes ago
"It's my opinion that there was a minimum of 1 impact to Alvin..He could have been struck several times," said Arns. #Garland #yyc

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 3m3 minutes ago
Minimum of one impact to Alvin Liknes, Arns concluded #Garland

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 3m3 minutes ago
"He may have been hit, struck several times," said Arns - discussing blood stains where Alvin Liknes was apparently lying in bed. #Garland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raine73