Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is kind of creepy if they just blurred out the bodies and put the picture back up. But I suppose a lot of money was spent on that project and it would all be for nothing if they couldn't use those pictures.

They probably didn't just blur the bodies - in digital imaging you generally use a cloning tool and replace the pixels in the area you want to conceal with pixels from a nearby area. However, you often can see the distortion - depends on the skill level of the imager.

Its not the first time this has happened either - back in 2009 Google maps had a satellite image from California which showed the body of a 14-year old boy who was murdered by the side of train tracks. The father of the boy had to make a big fuss about them having it edited/removed. They did it, but it took a week or so.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...maps-image-dead-son-removed-article-1.1521720

(warning, the article in the link shows the image, although it's pretty far away).

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 2m2 minutes ago

Day 16 about to begin at 10am-Expert in blood pattern analysis to testify in triple-murder trial of Douglas #Garland
[video=twitter;829371413194698752]https://twitter.com/NancyHixt/status/829371413194698752[/video]

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 1m1 minute ago
Day 16 of the Douglas #Garland trial about to begin with evidence from blood pattern analyst Jodi Arns from the Calgary Police Service.

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 44s44 seconds ago
Crown seeks to have Arns qualified as expert so she'll go through her CV now #Garland

That article makes it sound as though JO testified that KL and NO were awake when she left at 11pm? Cuddling on the pull out couch?

MOO

I've wondered for a while if Jo told her mother she was leaving with the baby. If it was me I would definitely wake my mom up to tell her if I was leaving my other child there. I think Nathan and Kathy went up to the spare room to sleep once Jennifer left.

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 40s40 seconds ago
Arns will give opinion evidence on what physical events likely caused bloodstain patterns at Liknes residence. #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 55s55 seconds ago
Crown seeking to have Arns qualified as an expert -prosecutor Shane Parker is going through her experience/training now #Garland

I've wondered for a while if Jo told her mother she was leaving with the baby. If it was me I would definitely wake my mom up to tell her if I was leaving my other child there. I think Nathan and Kathy went up to the spare room to sleep once Jennifer left.

Thats what I think too

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 37s38 seconds ago
Arns has taken courses on blood stain pattern formation, advanced fabrics for blood stain patterns. #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 25s25 seconds ago
The defence is not challenging Arns' qualifications; however, Crown still goes through her C.V. in detail prior to her testimony. #Garland

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 20s21 seconds ago
Sgt. Arns has been qualified to give evidence in the area of blood stain pattern analysis. #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 41s42 seconds ago
Justice Gates qualifies Arns as expert in blood stain pattern analysis-able to give opinion size/shape/distribution of blood #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 1m1 minute ago
Sgt. Arns has been qualified. Now going through terminology in her work as blood stain pattern analyst. #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 24s25 seconds ago
Arns: will initially do a scene walk-through, make initial notes, take photos of the scene, put down markers. #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 31s31 seconds ago
Arns explains she does a scene walk thru-takes notes, adds markers/scales...then does detailed documentation on patterns & swabs #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 1m1 minute ago
Arns: dresses in Tyvek suit or bunny suit, protective booties, gloves, mask when at a scene where there is a lot of blood. #Garland

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 58s59 seconds ago
Sgt. Arns is now giving an explanation of blood spatter terminology such as saturation stains and blood pools. #Garland

I was surprised how hard it was to hear the details about the DNA evidence yesterday.

Todays testimony may help to understand the movements of DG as he bludgeoned the poor victims.

Prayers for the Liknes family, the jury, the courtroom attendees, their community, and our virtual WS community. We are blessed to be able to witness justice being served in countries that have a fair and democratic style of justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC