Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to JadeSleuth, don't know how you managed to cut and paste all that. I was only able to quickly skimread. When it comes to blood, for me it's best that I not know all the details.

What's so disturbing about this case is WHY them? The motive just does not make any sense to me whatsoever, in terms of the absurd level of rage required to plan and then successfully commit this sort of horrific altercation. One attacker, two victims plus an unexpected third. After this bloody scene he doesn't just end it and walk out, no he takes his victims with him and later carves them up.

If it's not drugs, can a fetish with gore create a monster like this?
It seems he was a repressed sexual deviant too, the grudge was maybe/or an excuse to himself anyway to engage in his vicious, sadistic nature.

Why clean the kitchen when there was some much blood everywhere else . I think he was in a panic...somewhat

Why clean the kitchen when there was some blood much everywhere else . I think he was in a panic...somewhat

I think he was probably panicked because he wasn't expecting so much blood and also he would want to mop because shoe prints would be all over a tile floor.

I truly believe there would have been a use for the chloroform they found on the acreage, otherwise it's unlikely CPD would have mentioned it in their testimony. We'll probably find out more during closing arguments, but in my opinion it would make sense for DG to have used the chemical when placing them in the truck to avoid them waking up on the drive to Airdrie... I also think DG must have carried AL rather than AL walking out of the house, given the lack of DNA evidence in the drag marks...

MOO

Why clean the kitchen when there was some much blood everywhere else . I think he was in a panic...somewhat

Why clean any of it? What made him stop partway through? The more I think on this (as we learn more) then more I think he had to have taken a hit of meth or something. So much doesn't make sense with all of the planning he did. Maybe as he was coming down he realized that the clean-up didn't make sense to do and quit. It still doesn't make sense, but I don't know what does. The whole thing is ____'d up.

I think he was probably panicked because he wasn't expecting so much blood and also he would want to mop because shoe prints would be all over a tile floor.
Yes, I think obscuring the footprints was the motive for sure.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

GRAPHIC, GRAPHIC

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 24s24 seconds ago
200+ spatter stains on area near bed. Alvin was low to the ground at the time of impact (was his DNA) #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 30s30 seconds ago
Arns said based on the blood patterns she doesn't believe it to have been a gunshot. Drum R of photo had more than 100 spatters #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 2m2 minutes ago
Bamboo drum in master bedroom had more than 100 spatter stains on it, says Arns. #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 2m2 minutes ago Staining in master bedroom not consistent with gunshot, says Arns. #Garland

DG probably took most of his evil out on Alvin.

But why the walls then? Wasn't it the kitchen where there was a wall wiped? Or was it the living room....
I should know this.

I truly believe there would have been a use for the chloroform they found on the acreage, otherwise it's unlikely CPD would have mentioned it in their testimony. We'll probably find out more during closing arguments, but in my opinion it would make sense for DG to have used the chemical when placing them in the truck to avoid them waking up on the drive to Airdrie... I also think DG must have carried AL rather than AL walking out of the house, given the lack of DNA evidence in the drag marks...

MOO
I would be amazed if, after that brutal altercation (that HAD to be exhausting), he was able to carry a 6'2" man anywhere.

I wonder if he cleaned himself a bit in the kitchen. With this type of injury to his victims and moving them into the truck he would have had quite a bit of blood on him.
I think he wore a paper suit and gloves then had to clean himself up still before he drove home.

Thank You Jade for all your posts. I was out today and finally I am caught up. Horrific to think what these 3 endured. IMO killer didn't need drugs to complete his kill. He had years to let his rage build. I think the catalyst was knowing Kathy and Alvin were moving. It was now or never. Evident with his purchases and dates it has been a plan in the works. Throw in the adrenaline. Perfect storm given the mind of a psychopath. IMO

I dont think he would have the strength to carry such weight...Alvin was reported at what 6"2 so lets say 150 pounds on the light side... Garland could not be that strong in my mind

[video=twitter;829426993263476736]https://twitter.com/CheSkulskiCTV/status/829426993263476736[/video]

that knife on the cover bears a strong similarity to the object found in the duffle bag

My opinion

Don't ever under estimate the power of adrenaline. I think we all have seen news reports of astounding feats when adrenaline is at it's peak. I think back to my early teens years. A young child can drown an adult in a moment of panic/peak adrenaline. I was a life guard then at local pools. Killer had the element of surprise as his victims were asleep. I would think his rage and adrenaline were off the charts. Remember Jodi Arias? Yes Travis was in a contained space but........

I think that based on the higher level of blood splatter on some of the walls, the assumption is they were standing or at least upright as they travelled through the house. A hit to the mouth or broken nose could cause a lot of blood splatter but not be fatal.

It speaks to the level of violence and rage on DG's part. KL seemed to get the brunt of the assault, because she was fiercely defending NO? To make AL comply? Also that her DNA was on the hooks - was that to torture AL? Or, perhaps spoke to how he viewed her or women - like a piece of meat?

Sorry, it seems horrible to suggest any of this. It is confusing? Why did he clean up? Perhaps he noticed he had been cut and worried about DNA? I agree he likely thought it would be easier and NO's presence changed the dynamic for everyone.

It's so sickening and I feel for the family.

There is the half empty chloroform , mentioned by both investigators to the farm and the ME. I think perhaps further evidence may be presented? The Crown seems to introduce information to have it later backed up.

I dont think he would have the strength to carry such weight...Alvin was reported at what 6"2 so lets say 150 pounds on the light side... Garland could not be that strong in my mind
150 lbs? Not a chance. I'm relatively thin at 5' 9.5" and 160lbs.

How does the jury just go and eat a meal right now?

I know someone on the jury and it's been VERY hard on them. There's a reason that counseling was made available to them throughout the trial and not just afterwards.

Every time I see them I just want to give them a big hug because it's hard enough for me to read the details of the case, they've been exposed to images that they will never forget.

It's heartbreaking and life changing. DG has ruined so many lives. Jail is too good for him.

But why the walls then? Wasn't it the kitchen where there was a wall wiped? Or was it the living room....
I should know this.

I think DG was panicked. He wasn't expecting a fight and wasn't expecting so much blood. The half *advertiser censored**ed clean job was all he could manage on the fly. I think his plan was to get them out of the house with very little blood or even no blood. That way it would look like they just disappeared. He'd have longer to torture them. His "plan" did not go as planned because they fought back and Nathan was there.

MOO

It's strange because I was writing about the same thing at the same time. Other "clues" - discussion about the hanging cord that looked out of place, The "keeping up appearances" video, the forensic anthropologist's report, the dump - I hope we hear further and whether anything significant was determined. Even the glasses - perhaps an old photo confirming DG's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back