Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When the news broke out in the beginning, I seem to remember the amber alert said something like Nathan may be with his grandfather. Does it mean the investigators considered the grandmother had been likely deceased, considering the amount of blood she seemed to have lost (if they had the DNA very soon)?

Re whether DG revealed his identity to the victims, it's possible that he went to the house in a mask (it may be easier to act as a stranger than lunging the attacks when the victims knew him), and planned (and maybe succeeded) to reveal his identity once he had taken them to his farm.

Thoughts?

We do accept refugees in Canada 

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

:hilarious: don't tempt me too much, but if you want "vetting", I can count on my WS peeps

full arrest video here

[video=youtube;_TOpGJMhG8k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TOpGJMhG8k[/video]

THANK YOU! :loveyou:

ETA: This is amazing quality. I am in complete awe. woohooo!

The hardest thing about all of this is me wrapping my head around the idea that I believe he thought he could get away with it.

full arrest video here

ETA: Notice the GPS coordinates change in the top left as they move the camera around? really cool technology :)
I wonder if the helicopter swung around and focused on the trees when DG was being cuffed just incase she wanted to give him an extra firm knee to the back when she was cuffing him.

What if he only went in there to hide something key that was not found since we didnt hear of search possibly didnt happen...

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 36s36 seconds ago

"on Tuesday morning you should come with your toothbrush with the expectation you will be spending some time together," said Gates. #Garland

Nah - 3hours, 42 minutes and then GUILTY< GUILTY< GUILTY

Maybe he said the toothbrushes as they would need for lunch! No mention of jammies. Hahahah. I joke. I hope they take as much time as needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hardest thing about all of this is me wrapping my head around the idea that I believe he thought he could get away with it.

Yep. And i think he is delusional enough to think he can at least get 1 juror on his side and get a hung jury. This guy does not want to go to prison. He didn't want to get caught. We saw him literally running from police capture. That makes me feel a bit better. Knowing he'll be locked up for the rest of his life when he thought he could get away with this.

What if he only went in there to hide something key that was not found since we didnt hear of search possibly didnt happen...

Garland was arrested and then out on bail. But during that time he was watched by several police Hawkeyes at all times so he couldn't have had an opportunity to possess anything that needed to be hidden.

I wonder if the helicopter swung around and focused on the trees when DG was being cuffed just incase she wanted to give him an extra firm knee to the back when she was cuffing him.

That's what i was hoping. Jeez this guy brings out the worst in me.

Garland was arrested and then out on bail. But during that time he was watched by several police Hawkeyes at all times so he couldn't have had an opportunity to possess anything that needed to be hidden.

Your right i was over thinking how calmly he laid down for arrest execpt for his journal perhaps

Your right i was over thinking how calmly he laid down for arrest execpt for his journal perhaps

I've over thought so many things during this case. I just don't unerstand why he did so many things he did. It's a good thing we don't understand how this guy works though!

It was a good thing that his truck was so distinctive and that his sister reported it so quickly which got the investigation moving forward very early. On the other hand I feel bad for her and her family. Surely they never truly suspected such a monster was within.

full arrest video here

ETA: Notice the GPS coordinates change in the top left as they move the camera around? really cool technology :)

Incredible technology! This is amazing.

When the news broke out in the beginning, I seem to remember the amber alert said something like Nathan may be with his grandfather. Does it mean the investigators considered the grandmother had been likely deceased, considering the amount of blood she seemed to have lost (if they had the DNA very soon)?

Re whether DG revealed his identity to the victims, it's possible that he went to the house in a mask (it may be easier to act as a stranger than lunging the attacks when the victims knew him), and planned (and maybe succeeded) to reveal his identity once he had taken them to his farm.

Thoughts?

Welcome smr! Yes, we talked about that both at the beginning and again as the trial was starting. I suppose we'll never know for sure why they worded the Amber Alert in that way, but many of us were thinking along the lines you mentioned. Thanks for joining in!

:Welcome1:

I'm surprised the evidence and testimony is over. I still don't have a sense of what happened. I know he killed all three. He did it. No one else was involved. It was premeditated. I guess DNAerase does wonders with saw blades all shiny and new. The feeling I have could also be because of how this trial was reported. Maybe things were held back from being tweeted.

Defence rarely presents evidence and it's even rarer for the accused to take the stand. It would be shocking if they were presenting evidence.
You must not have followed the Bosma trial... We were all shocked too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop