Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the jury start deliberations today? Are they officially sequestered at this point? Tia :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If so then why did Crown pick a photo with just left shoe during closing argument?
attachment.php

I don't know but I'd be curious - Why does it matter?

Will the jury start deliberations today? Are they officially sequestered at this point? Tia :)

Hard to say. How long will the Defense take and Jury Instructions. They may want to deliberate or start fresh?

They will start tomorrow. The judge will give instructions then they will be sequestered while they deliberate

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

There are no two different shoe sizes until the defence team says so. Otherwise, it's a common photographic distortion/illusion.

He had women's size 13 shoes because that's the highest you go without expensive special orders. He wouldn't be the first person to squish himself into too small shoes if those were indeed his women's shoes. No big mystery there.

The defence ain't saying much about anything.

I was thinking about the Crown's closing remark to the jury not to lose their common sense. Here's why that's such a great closer for the prosecution.

If Garland is not the murderer then he is the unluckiest person on the planet. Someone with a truck the exact make, model, color and rust stains as Garland happened to arrive at the murder scene the same early morning hours the victims went missing; the victims are people Garland happened to know and happened to have a grudge against; he happened to have researched them recently online as well; he happened to research kidnapping, torture and murder just when neighbors of his were about to be kidnapped, tortured and murdered; he happened to be into adult diapering and the victims happened to have on adult diapers; even though there were no livestock on the farm, Garland's collection of meat hooks and cleavers is not suspicious because everybody knows collecting meat hooks and cleavers is just normal, good family fun; he happened to be into locksmithing and the victims' house happened to be accessed through a picked lock; of all the vehicles Kathy decided to bleed on before getting murdered, it happened to be Garland's truck; of all the knives and hooks the victims decided to bleed on, they happened to be Garland's; the crime scene happened to be free of the murderer's DNA and Garland just happened to have laying around some DNA cleaner and haz-mat suits; the victims were two adults and a child and, has bad luck would have it, two adults and a child happened to be photographed laying deceased on Garland's property a day later; the murderer happened to incinerate the bodies in Garland's burn barrel for many hours with neighbors noticing the unusual smoke and flames, but Garland himself happened never to notice the incineration or the grisly remains; and, of course, he is most unlucky when it comes to his footwear since: (1) the murderer happened to wear sneakers the same size and brand as a shoebox Garland had on hand, (2) the victims happened to bleed onto Garland's rubber boots -- especially unlucky since Garland had never even met Nathan before, and (3) the victims were so inconsiderate as to put their blood on the sneakers Garland happened to be wearing when arrested.

(Any lack of seriousness in the above is meant as sarcasm not insensitivity to this horrific crime).

I'm sure I missed some things and I apologize if I got some minor details mixed up from memory, but I think you get the gist. Even without the bodies or the culprit's DNA at the initial crime scene, as long as common sense prevails this is as open and shut a conviction as it gets. IMO
Great post ... exactly

BBM ... blister on thumb crown ... I never heard that before in testimony.. just sayin...
Const David Blackwood met Garland on July 5th when he seized Garlands clothes and photographed the cut on his lip, cut on top of his head, bruise on his knee, and the blister on his right thumb. Can't remember what day he testified I believe it was January 24th.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 1m1 minute ago
Court to resume shortly in #Garland trial, with defence arguments in the triple murder case.

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 1m1 minute ago
#Garland trial will resume soon with defence making their argument. Very interested in what they'll say #yyc

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 4m4 minutes ago
Court to resume shortly when defence counsel Kim Ross will make his submissions before jurors. #Garland

It's about this point the defence lawyer is probably saying to himself, "why me....."

my opinion as always

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt now1 minute ago
There is a brief delay in #Garland trial- closing arguments to be made by #Garland's defence lawyer Kim Ross this afternoon

Thanks Kamille[emoji2]

It's about this point the defence lawyer is probably saying to himself, "why me....."

my opinion as always

Maybe the "brief delay" is because he's out having a couple of stiff drinks to get through this. ;)

MOO

cause seeing this photo there is no right shoeprint so we could not see the difference in size between them

Nobody cares about us. It's the jury that matters and the original crime scene photos have already been introduced into evidence.

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt now1 minute ago
There is a brief delay in #Garland trial- closing arguments to be made by #Garland's defence lawyer Kim Ross this afternoon
He's still trying to figure out how to spin this [emoji6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members