Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 1m1 minute ago
Members of 12-member jury in the Douglas #Garland triple murder case has resumed deliberations. The jury got three hours in last night.

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 2m2 minutes ago
#Garland trial jurors are back deliberating this morning. Deliberation hours are b/w 9 am and 9 pm. #yyc

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 3m3 minutes ago
Jurors in the #Garland triple-murder trial are scheduled to begin Day Two of deliberations at 9 a.m., so they should be proceeding now.

Ina SidhuVerified account ‏@CTVInaSidhu 1m1 minute ago
The jury was sequestered after 5 pm yesterday. No indication how long it will take to make a decision. Now we wait #garland

Though I don't like the idea that a bullet in the burned ashes/debris when unnoticed by LE and experts, I'll play along briefly, if only to set my mind at ease.

attachment.php

Following you directions, here (if it works ETA: 1st try, no go) is the maximum zoom I could get on the items you described. The left item being what I think you mean by copper coin and the two items on the right. While it is obvious some of the other items are bolts (not pictured here but in the original pic), I cannot say with any certainly that those are spent bullets. I won't even speculate as to what they are. Maybe you have strong knowledge of what a spent bullet looks like and/or better software, but I have trust in LE that they have the expertise to identified spent bullets and would do so.

I'm not trying to rag on your idea. If anything, it's a unique approach to trying to understand/cope with the insanity of harming a child. You can hope that about NO, but I wanted to put that picture out there as what it is to me, two 1/2 cm blobs of metal with undetermined origin.

JMO
This is why I have hope that the boy was not tortured but killed quickly and with a gun.

Warning: Evidence photos are somewhat graphic

If you look at the evidence photos from the ashes of the burn can towards the bottom. In the photo that has what looks like a bent coat hanger there are what appears to be two lead deformed bullets that appear to have been shot from a gun because the lead is deformed.

I think it is highly likely at least one of these bullets was embedded in the body of the boy and when DG burned the evidence they ended up in the burn can ashes.

The deformed lead bullets can be seen at the very bottom of these photo. The one at the very center of the very bottom looks like a classic mushroomed lead bullet. Its to the right of what looks like a copper coin. Its right at the center at very bottom.

You have to expand the photo to its maximum to see it clearly.

The particular photo has this caption underneath it:
"In the ashes, Oxton found an earring, a small bracelet, buttons, a piece of a shackle and a piece of watch. (Court exhibit)"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...e-murder-liknes-nathan-obrien-day-8-1.3951486

Attachments

• bullets..JPG
    bullets..JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 155
Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 58s59 seconds ago

There are some arrivals to the courthouse already, but important to note, we have no indication of when a verdict could come #Garland #yyc

I wonder if any of the Garland family will be in attendance for the verdict?

Thinking. Hmm lets see... all speculation obviously, and just a scenario I can put together in my head.

Foreman would have been selected last night.
30-45 minutes of nervous chatter, getting coffees together.
Someone asks "ok, where do we start?".
Someone answers "let's look at these Decision Tree documents".
20 minutes of shuffling around with that.
Someone suggests taking a vote to see where things stand.
20 minutes to do that as its new to everyone.
Initial vote - All 12 agree on the 1st degree for Alvin and for Kathy. 10 think 1st degree on Nathan, 2 aren't sure.
"Lets complete our decision trees on Nathan".
60 minutes on that.

Lunch.

Second vote on Nathan: 11 1st degree, 1 unsure.
1:30 to 2:30 heavy discussion on Nathan, revisiting DNA in L home and Judge's instructions.
2:45 Third vote on Nathan - 12 for 1st degree.
15 minutes to look each other in the eye and just feel a bunch of stuff.
3:00 notify Judge
4:15 All convene in courtroom.
4:45 Verdicts are read.

Sending good thoughts to Juror #1. Thank you so much, be well.

When I'm doing the Twitter I don't like to stop to refresh so I often can't see others' posts or pictures. And my Thanks button goes away too. However the single most limiting thing for me has been the 30 seconds you must wait between posts.
<bbm>

That 30 seconds is a built-in courtesy to allow time for bathroom breaks :D

Leaving now for a coupla hrs. Have time to pop in for an hour then off I go again! Grrrrrrrrr

Question: do we have reason to suspect this was not the first murders DG committed? If it's his first time, he did it unusually "professionally". Are there unsolved cases that might be linked to him?

Question: do we have reason to suspect this was not the first murders DG committed? If it's his first time, he did it unusually "professionally". Are there unsolved cases that might be linked to him?

He did all his research ... and almost passed the test.

*concern for dogmatica's :behind:

what have I become....

I don't think we ever heard any more in MSM on other DG potential other crimes - but we KNOW that LE was looking into it. I will have to find that link for you.
I can't make up my mind on this. Equal parts of me think he saved it all up for this {OR} he had several "warm-up" acts. I go back and forth. This is who I am now :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3