Still Missing Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 *Guilty* *Appeal* #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Now I'm on a bit of a roll.

WE cannot pretend that prison society (and it is a society) lives up to what we feel is correct. Their society runs by their rules and how they conduct themselves. To believe that inmates are going to abide by rules and behave is naive. They are there for a reason and that's because they're bad dudes.

When a child killer comes calling, the absolute worst of the worst, then you gotta know they're all lining up to take a shot at him.

I'm done now. MOO

It's estimated that 80% of criminals are addicted to drugs. Their main incentive is how they will get their next fix.

Drumheller is not Max <modsnip>

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I'm definitely behind the times. I think it used to be referred to as a max security prison. I didn't know that there was a new prison in Edmonton that is max security. I don't know anything about prisons.

My son sadly has done some small time here in Ontario. Sadly or not I'm the one that has had him arrested each and every time. Mama don't play. All of his offences are alcohol related. My boy is an alcoholic. Anyhow he was in medical seg his last time (thankfully almost 2 years ago) they were very overcrowded. People on floors sleeping in cells. It as well was a remand type centre for people waiting for trial or under a 2 year term.
My son shared stories with me and the guards do turn away and "allow" things to happen. Jail scared my son. He was lucky he was in a cell with a pretty caring bunch for the most part but some guys got it bad. He could hear a new inmate being beaten at another unit which was Admin seg. This guy coming in was charged with molesting s young girl. No clue why I'm sharing all this. But prison is a whole new world.

ETA- just wanted to add I've tried every avenue before having to call police on my son. Just don't want people thinking I'm crazy [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm definitely behind the times. I think it used to be referred to as a max security prison. I didn't know that there was a new prison in Edmonton that is max security. I don't know anything about prisons.
It was at one time but it has not been for quite a while now.

It was at one time but it has not been for quite a while now.

Thanks! Was it changed when the new max security prison was built in Edmonton? I honestly know nothing about prisons, and don't really want to know anything. I do find it very concerning that prisoners at Spy Hill jail are being sent to the hospital and the morgue. That suggests that something is broken at that facility.

My son sadly has done some small time here in Ontario. Sadly or not I'm the one that has had him arrested each and every time. Mama don't play. All of his offences are alcohol related. My boy is an alcoholic. Anyhow he was in medical seg his last time (thankfully almost 2 years ago) they were very overcrowded. People on floors sleeping in cells. It as well was a remand type centre for people waiting for trial or under a 2 year term.
My son shared stories with me and the guards do turn away and "allow" things to happen. Jail scared my son. He was lucky he was in a cell with a pretty caring bunch for the most part but some guys got it bad. He could hear a new inmate being beaten at another unit which was Admin seg. This guy coming in was charged with molesting s young girl. No clue why I'm sharing all this. But prison is a whole new world.

ETA- just wanted to add I've tried every avenue before having to call police on my son. Just don't want people thinking I'm crazy [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He will do better with a mom like you. It must have been hard to turn your son in, but that kind of love is the most precious to give in time of need.

Thanks! Was it changed when the new max security prison was built in Edmonton? I honestly know nothing about prisons, and don't really want to know anything. I do find it very concerning that prisoners at Spy Hill jail are being sent to the hospital and the morgue. That suggests that something is broken at that facility.
Honestly Otto, I think something is broken at all prisons. Prisoners from all facilities go to the hospital and the morgue, I think it's the reality of having so many criminals in one place

Honestly Otto, I think something is broken at all prisons. Prisoners from all facilities go to the hospital and the morgue, I think it's the reality of having so many criminals in one place

It saddens me to hear that convicted persons are subjected to extreme violence in a place where they cannot protect themselves. I know that the courts stated that Garland is "evil", but I'm naive enough to believe that all people are basically good, and that some commit bad acts. Committing bad acts should not result in prison violence, especially in a first world country like Canada.

While we understand there is great emotion in this case and other cases discussed here, Websleuths does not promote or condone violence against anyone. Posts of that nature, and responses to them, will be removed.

Let's keep it a cut above here, folks.

:tyou:

Drumheller is not Max <modsnip>

He would be sent to a federal maximum security correct - isn't there only a handful of those? Clifford Olson committed his crimes in BC but served his sentence in Kingston, then Saskatchewan, then Quebec.

ETA: I just looked at the CSC site - they list 1 in BC and 3 in the Prairies (Agassiz, Edmonton, Sask and Stony Mountain), plus 3 or 4 more in Ontario/Quebec/Atlantic...

:offtopic:

But if anyone is interested in this - we have a thread here "Life after Death":
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?97501-Life-after-death

and another one - "Uplifting Signs and Dowright Unexplainable Stuff":
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...fting-Signs-and-Downright-Unexplainable-Stuff

They are both down below in The Jury Room - I don't recall if you are a brand new member if you can access that yet. I think you need a certain amount of posts - but I could be wrong!

<modsnip> Oops! Sorry Sillybilly...

It saddens me to hear that convicted persons are subjected to extreme violence in a place where they cannot protect themselves. I know that the courts stated that Garland is "evil", but I'm naive enough to believe that all people are basically good, and that some commit bad acts. Committing bad acts should not result in prison violence, especially in a first world country like Canada.

suicide or where they should not be
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2017/02/15/first-nations-artist-dies-in-thunder-bay-jail.html

<modsnip>

People become emotionally invested in some of the violence that is discussed on this forum, so it's understandable to want more of a consequence for the guilty than to be sequestered from society for life. At the same time, the four people that did this to Garland are equally capable of doing this to a stranger on the street - which is why it is a problem in any environment, including prison.

He would be sent to a federal maximum security correct - isn't there only a handful of those? Clifford Olson committed his crimes in BC but served his sentence in Kingston, then Saskatchewan, then Quebec.

ETA: I just looked at the CSC site - they list 1 in BC and 3 in the Prairies (Agassiz, Edmonton, Sask and Stony Mountain), plus 3 or 4 more in Ontario/Quebec/Atlantic...
He could go anywhere in Canada

He should not be in the same place as Bernardo, as that is something he would probably appreciate.
It's quite possible he'd end up there sadly, they've got a few of the worst of the worst at Millhaven as they have the facilities

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megan phillips lynch