Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me of my girlfriend's estate sale 2 weeks ago...She sold her large stainless BBQ to an older couple who in turn asked for assistance ( as in...can your husband travel back to our home and help unload it PLEASE?!....) He reluctantly obliged since they were elderly buyers and insisted they lived very close by,etc...Well...he returned 2 hours later and although he is a successful attorney and considers himself to be a great judge of character...second guessed himself numerous times along that route there...and back...
Perhaps this occured...with bad results? A car accident in a purchaser's car or rented u-Haul? Just thinking out loud....

My neighbor sold a bedroom suite and the lady who came to get it drove up in a small pickup despite being told by my neighbor the furniture would not fit. My neighbor who was living alone at the time helped the lady load some of the furniture in her vehicle and then loaded the rest in her own and drove it to the lady's house. Had something happened to my neighbor nobody would have known where she went etc.
So yeah...who knows.

I wonder what time Nathan's mom left the home after the yard sale (i.e. how much time was between her leaving and returning with Nathan at 10:00pm), and how much time she spent at the home when she was returned that evening. Were the grandparents acting normally upon her return, were there any other vehicles there when she returned; could someone else have been in the home when she returned?

I would like to view the photo's but I refuse to become a herald subscriber to view photo's that should be made public with a city wide amber alert...wonder if they are going to broaden the search anytime soon?

She is the daughter-in-law ... I think.

The Grandpa is Nathan's Dad's step-dad..

Anyone know how long these two have been married?

Not Nathan's Dad ... Nathan's Mom

If you mean Nathan's parents, they married in 2009 (weddings pics were uploaded to KL's FB August 24)

Somebody else want to zoom in on the pic in the following article, take a look at the bottom right hand side of the gate .. black article (2 images in picture?? pareidolia at work? sillybilly is being silly?):

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/c...n+Kathryn+Liknes+continues/9989542/story.html

I've been lurking...

This photo?

9994200.jpg

gdm2.jpg

Any bodies of water nearby?
Any chance they went for a late, hot night, stroll and landed into trouble?

I hope the police have taken the computer from the house (if there was one), and examined cell phones.

Also, lots of time people who know something/have seen something (pertaining to a crime) don't come forward out of fear for their safety.......particularly if it's crime where someone was murdered.........there's that fear that if they tell LE what they heard/saw, what if it's linked back to them and they (or their family) are at risk for THEIR lives?..........so that being said, I don't think all the money in the world is going to get these sorts of people to 'talk.'

Any bodies of water nearby?
Any chance they went for a late, hot night, stroll and landed into trouble?

The elbow river is near the neighbourhood, but I don't think within walking distance.

And anyway, all three of them accidentally drowning sounds astronomically unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I learned a new word today--pareidolia. The image on that enlarged photo is pretty darn scary. :scared:

I'm pretty sure it's just a garbage bag but I see what you see...creepy. :scared:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's onlly $10k more than the Tax Assessment. Wouldn't they have be able to sell for a lot more today?

You would think. House across the street # 122 is on the market for $799,900, can't recall how many days on market.....couple months? That one's been completely updated inside, very modern........but I believe it's a fair bit smaller than Likes' home.

Tax Asessment values, for the most part (IMO) are rather bogus except for how much the city will ding you for property tax purposes.

She is the daughter-in-law ... I think.

The Grandpa is Nathan's Dad's step-dad..

Anyone know how long these two have been married?

No, Nathans mother is the daughter of the grandmother.

Well I learned a new word today--pareidolia. The image on that enlarged photo is pretty darn scary. :scared:

It is. And pareidolia, I see a black dog (thinking Labrador) with a blue collar, laying beside a black bag with a charred skull poking out if it.

Reality, I think it's just a black trash bag with some creepy looking shadows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kudo-magician179