Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police did take the truck from the driveway. Could have used it for unmentionable reasons and then called someone to pick them up and leave town. They were leaving town anyways right... Passports may be missing.

All we know about passports, cell phones and so on is that when a reporter asked if they were in the home, police said "no comment" (to protect the integrity of the investigation).

Someone asked earlier about cell phones, wallets, etc (sorry, can't find it right now) .. I recall LE being asked by a reporter in a previous presser about cell phones and the response was to the effect "won't discuss as it's part of ongoing investigation". As in the Bosma case, they don't need the physical phone itself, just access to the cell records which are quickly accessible through the provider.

IMO IF this missing green truck in ontario is in fact the truck of interest that could make sense as a crime of opportunity. Maybe took off to Alberta. For whatever reason (as the area where the truck went missing is very small townish/rural everyone knows everyone )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I texted that info about the stolen truck in ontario in to Calgary crime stoppers....

Hi everyone. Just saw the recent info posted on my cp24 app about police have confirmed a violent incident happened in the home

But the very next article on my phone was this
http://www.cp24.com/news/police-suspect-remains-of-three-people-were-in-charred-vehicle-1.1899520

I don't want to believe this is at all connected but my stomach dropped as soon as I saw it

Saw that as well, and this was the first thing I thought. I hope they aren't connected. :( Sad, no matter who the 3 sets of remains belong to.

http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/police-inv...a-burned-out-vehicle-in-oro-medonte-1.1899498

I did read in CBC that they are not connected according to police let me find the link.
Very sad indeed!

I think that truck has a trailer hitch. I was wondering why the back bumper looked weird, kind of out of alignment, then it hit me that it's probably the sun reflecting off it and the hitch would probably be silver. Could be wrong, but that's what I think .. right now ;)

I couldn't even access the WS site. I got a "fatal error" message each time. I finally tried clicking on an email alert for a private message to gain access to log in, and that worked. I don't know if others have had this problem, but I reported it to bessie. Early glitches to be worked out.
I had the same problem, but got in a different way. Will also let bessie know.

It says that the stolen truck has fenders on the rear tires. The truck they are seeking didn't appear to have them. But I am picturing those big bumped out fenders, are there ones that are slim in profile? I know nothing about trucks :/

Not sure if already posted: There was a burning vehicle discovered recently in Oro-Medonte in Ontario with three bodies found inside. The vehicle is so burned that it was not identified. Case being investigated in the Center of Forensic Sciences in Toronto right now. Not sure if related at all.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/3-burned-bodies-found-in-car-near-barrie-1.2696939

It's been covered in the last couple of pages matou ... Ontario LE says it's not related.

The Barrie incident just happened. Jim Smyth is crème de la crème of the BSU, and for him to be brought in immediately after the discovery of the burned vehicle with 3 bodies inside indicates this is a rather exceptional incident/crime.

Det. Smyth is very impressive. His interrogation of Russell Williams was perfect and mesmerizing to watch. He has earned the respect and admiration of Law Enforcement everywhere.

It says that the stolen truck has fenders on the rear tires. The truck they are seeking didn't appear to have them. But I am picturing those big bumped out fenders, are there ones that are slim in profile? I know nothing about trucks :/

I was just digging around and I think they mean this kind of fender
4ybute7y.jpg
ujy7emu6.jpg

It's kind of subtle.

No matter whether or not this resulted from something a grandparent or grandparents may have done, I am heartsick for this little boy. IMO He is an innocent child caught up in an adult tragedy, in the wrong place at the wrong time - he did nothing to deserve this. My prayers go out to his parents - I pray that he is found safe.

My question would be, why would anyone think they might be connected?

I just personally think it's a huge stretch to associate this in Barrie to the disappearances here in AB.

That being said, the daughter of KL's very good friend had posted on her FB recently (KH) that the OPP were involved in this AB case, and something about them perhaps looking to speak w/ people in London, ON pertaining to this case. Some of us were discussing this last night here. I'd commented then that I thought it odd this family friend was thanking Calgary Police Service, RCMP and the OPP for all they're doing.

So maybe there is some kind of connection to Ontario?

Hi there - when you say 'here' do you mean WS? I can't find that discussion. Can you direct me to it? TIA

Hi there - when you say 'here' do you mean WS? I can't find that discussion. Can you direct me to it? TIA

OMG.. That is scary. KH Facebook page has no longer any information about the situation. And I do remember seeing the comment on RCMP and OPP being involved. So mysterious and scary :(

OMG.. That is scary. KH Facebook page has no longer any information about the situation. And I do remember seeing the comment on RCMP and OPP being involved. So mysterious and scary :(

I wonder what detachment of the OPP ? I know that's a really small detail but I'm curious as I know sw ontario like the back of my hand and have family scattered all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member