Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have also found this information which has an identical phone number and address for another business venture (located a few Kms down the road from the current search site) which seems to be located in a residential area when on street view from google.
View attachment 54248

Yeah saw that last night too.... "Ranchlands Equipment Ltd."

Or DG sister would inherit all and if connected to AL family there could be a motive there. Money the route of all evils.

Not sure I would feel too safe if I were DG's sister. And, pretty sure it was in MSM twitter, the sister lives in the U.S. Isn't that what we heard?

Jim Wells ‏@SUNjimwells 1m

A @CalgaryPolice member looks on as they prepare to search a new area north of the rural property near #Airdrie pic.twitter.com/g5T4c71UoX

https://twitter.com/SUNjimwells

Or DG sister would inherit all and if connected to AL family there could be a motive there. Money the route of all evils.
Hmmm still don't know which Liknes family member obviously it's a male and I could see both male and female having a motive now(lot's of $$ at stake?) but JMO

Crossing fingers that motivation in this kidnapping was not the child.

Yesterday on global news at 6:30 they said that it was "about 75 acres" of land being searched.

It seems that would be both the south 40 acre parcels....the 2 with tree lined drives and both with buildings on them ....I had assumed the commentator was 'off' in his estimate ...I'd assumed 40-45 acres in the south parcel based on number of acres in a 1/4 section being 160....most parcels are even amounts....40 being VERY common...thus the 1/4 section is then split into 4's of 40 each...either west to east or into 4 equal squares. If they do own both the north & south plots that would make 80 acres. Here's another crude grid I did:
Red - 1/4 section boundaries
Blue - 4 - 40 acre parcels split in 'strips' rather than 1/4'ing *squared*..the 1/4 section....

quarter1.PNG

I had assumed in my initial map *which if the Herald is correct in their labelling I will have to amend* that the property was only the front 20 acres *bounded on the east by the 291* ...not the west field and not the property north of my original label....It seems if the Herald is correct....and both parcels are G's...you were right too kittymeow! ;)

Yeah saw that last night too.... "Ranchlands Equipment Ltd."

http://wikiparts.com/index2.php?option=com_distributorsnetwork&page=distributors.index&task=distributor_info&manufacturer_id=22&Itemid=103&distributor_id=7752&pdf=lite

Key Products / Services:
Bearings; Power Transmission ( Belts, Bushings, Chain, Couplings, Pulleys,
Sprockets, Etc. ); Electric motors; Electrical components; Gear reducers; Maintenance
products; Seals; Heavy Equipment Parts; Hydraulics
Description of Services:
Machine tool repair, Development, and Prototypes
Legal Representative / CEO:
Year Established: 2000
Tax ID / Business Registration Number:
Contact Details
Web Address:
Username: Doug99
Contact Person: Doug

Those reporters should have checked here yesterday and they could have broken the story a day earlier!

Since there is now a published connection between the person of interest and the missing couple, it brings me back the question of finances, and whether there were any financial arrangements between the two, especially how the bankruptcy factors into this. Given that the POI has a documented history of mental instability and criminal activity - which would have been known to everyone in the family - I sure hope that no one had any sort of questionable business dealing with him that could tip him into mental instability.

If the family had in essence disowned DG for past mistakes and not supporting him financially, this could explain the old truck scenario whereby he was not driving a newer vehicle. Hypothetically, the haves and the have nots scenario maybe DG was upset with AL having money and future plans and he maybe not having neither.

I must say it is pretty ignorant that a lot of people still have not come to the police that were at that weekend kijiji sale. Even if they think they have nothing to tell police.

If the family had in essence disowned DG for past mistakes and not supporting him financially, this could explain the old truck scenario whereby he was not driving a newer vehicle. Hypothetically, the haves and the have nots scenario maybe DG was upset with AL having money and future plans and he maybe not having neither.
DG hasn't been charged with anything yet, we still don't know if he played any part in these disappearances....JMO

Valerie Fortney @ValFortney · 34m

News coming from @JasonvanRassel shows disappearance taking on an even more disturbing twist. #yyc #amberalert

??

I wonder.
Yesterday there were some real estate property values of this area being posted on WS and without knowing all the facts, I would surmise this parcel of land is very very valuable real estate and with elderly parents would be a substantial inheritance.

I think that there would be a substantial inheritance. The recipient of that inheritance could be perceived as an easy mark - especially given his troubles with break downs, criminal activity, prison time, and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en