Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the property that was searched today (I circled the house on the map)

20nhp0.png

Here is a link to view on google maps https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Ai...m2!3m1!1s0x53715f68bc9e1e03:0x91fe193692e62f5

I spent about 2.5 hours there this afternoon as described in the previous thread. Happy to answer any questions about it.

do we know who owns the property? I can zoom in on a fire number but not certain if I have the right driveway

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Just thinking out loud here...if LE had announced a cancellation of the Amber Alert at the press conference, it's pretty much tipping their hand. As mentioned already, they obviously know a lot more then they're letting on to the press right now and cancelling the Amber Alert without announcing any other details would be a massive giveaway. As awful as it sounds I don't think there's a lot that can be read into not cancelling the alert at this point.

Just thinking out loud here...if LE had announced a cancellation of the Amber Alert at the press conference, it's pretty much tipping their hand. As mentioned already, they obviously know a lot more then they're letting on to the press right now and cancelling the Amber Alert without announcing any other details would be a massive giveaway. As awful as it sounds I don't think there's a lot that can be read into not cancelling the alert at this point.

Welcome Doublebee ! Thanks for joining us. Great point re: the Alert not being cancelled.
And I suppose , as dire as it looks, there still may be hope .

20nhp0.png

Here is a link to view on google maps https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Ai...m2!3m1!1s0x53715f68bc9e1e03:0x91fe193692e62f5

I spent about 2.5 hours there this afternoon as described in the previous thread. Happy to answer any questions about it.
Thanks for the updates :) Sad that we didn't get much more confirmation from LE except they are questioning the man who has the green truck. There was something posted earlier of property being for sale near there 291 and in your pic above I see to the right looks to be some land is being cleared and leveled (also seen the area on Google maps) so wondering IF it's the land 4 sale someone put a link too?

Were those guys in white from forensics, as opposed to the LE who were walking? Did they have a forensics van there or just police cars? Thanks!!

I didn't see anybody in white firsthand. But the driveway is VERY long and anybody at the far end of it was difficult to see. I did see lots of CPS and RCMP coming and going near the entrance, and of course the search team in the field. There was a "tactical unit" truck at the driveway entrance which had some supplies like pylons and other random things in there.

There was another vehicle at the driveway entrance that was an RCMP truck that did appear to be a forensics vehicle though I don't recall seeing that marked on the exterior. Wish I took a photo of that one close up to see what it said again. But the back door was open and looked like a forensics truck inside.

I believe the "flag out" means forensics is there.

Yeah... they all paused in one spot for a few minutes and left a flag there. You could tell they were paying a lot of attention to it.

do we know who owns the property? I can zoom in on a fire number but not certain if I have the right driveway

Tried to see if I could find a house number outside of the property but couldn't see anything. Will still try to see what I can find. Even if we did a reverse search with just a postal code it'd be easier to narrow things down because there's only a few houses.

The officer sure got awkward when trying to explain why the amber alert was still in place.

Thanks for the updates :) Sad that we didn't get much more confirmation from LE except they are questioning the man who has the green truck. There was something posted earlier of property being for sale near there 291 and in your pic above I see to the right looks to be some land is being cleared and leveled (also seen the area on Google maps) so wondering IF it's the land 4 sale someone put a link too?

The area on the right side of the image looked like a crops field to me in person. It was full of green grass and crops today. I'd say the image also suggests that it's crops since the photo maybe looks like a crops field post-harvest.

Are you sure about which property it is? This is the property directly South of the one in the red circle

The above is the lower property in this map.

nathan.jpg

What do we know about little Nathan? He is 5 years Old. He is friendly.

Nathan is described as three-feet tall with curly blond hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing pea colored shorts and a blue-striped hoodie. He is a chatterbox who loves superheroes.
I pray with all my heart this little one is found soon. After losing a little son, I never want any mother to go what I went through and am still dealing with

Does Canada have a system set up to view recent arrests?

I do want to say that just because we may know the property, let's be careful posting the owners personal information. The man arrested earlier may have nothing to do with the property. He could be a squatter, renter, friend, just picked this home at random, etc.

20nhp0.png

I think the property in question is next to the one you circled.....directly south of it. You can see the round grassy backyard where the helicopter stood, and also see the three sheds at the very south of the property where we've seen the three investigators wearing white outfits poking around.

At a news conference at 6:30 p.m., they said a man from that residence has been taken in for questioning and is co-operating "to a degree." At a news conference at 6:30 p.m., they said a man from that residence has been taken in for questioning and is co-operating "to a degree."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/nathan-o-brien-amber-alert-police-question-person-of-interest-1.2697512
So no one has been arrested, just taken in for questioning at this point?

Ian Campbell ‏@news_ian
Mounties have searched almost this entire field - it doesn't look like they've come up with leads yet #Airdrie pic.twitter.com/x5PsoR0SZg

Br0sM4aCEAAk4fW.jpg

If you look at the global pics & video...this is what I've managed to piece together....If my pic is too large...I can downsize it....
White outline of property....
red circle ...where helicopter landed *you can see the jutted out deck from the house behind*
lime green circle.....old green/gray abandoned truck seen in video
blue circle....3 outbuildings seen with white suit guys in video & pics.....

property1.png

Ian Campbell ‏@news_ian
Most of those in the lineup appear to be RCMP Major Crimes #yyc #airdrie pic.twitter.com/1juAMAAiJD

photo 3.jpgphoto 1.jpgphoto 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

Here are photos from global news..... ground search of massive acreage outside of Airdrie, Ab. (Saturday, July 5, 2014)

The distance from the Liknes home to the property in Airdrie is 42.6km, approximately 37 minutes driving time.

The good news is there is no confirmation of bodies found, it is still an active missing persons case.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper