Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Erika M. Stark ‏@erikamstark
Officers wiping away sweat and swiping off the hordes of mosquitoes as they slowly work their way down #AmberAlert pic.twitter.com/xZvhs6EqCJ

Br0sqq0CIAEPIgz.jpg

https://twitter.com/erikamstark

This guy must know something or be involved somehow to still be there for questioning.

Are you sure about which property it is? This is the property directly South of the one in the red circle

The above is the lower property in this map.

I think the property in question is next to the one you circled.....directly south of it. You can see the round grassy backyard where the helicopter stood, and also see the three sheds at the very south of the property where we've seen the three investigators wearing white outfits poking around.

Thank you both for mentioning this! You are both absolutely right. Wow! And I was the one who was actually there. I just looked at the photos I took of the area too and it's definitely the lower property. I'm going to edit my post with the map now.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Just thinking out loud here...if LE had announced a cancellation of the Amber Alert at the press conference, it's pretty much tipping their hand. As mentioned already, they obviously know a lot more then they're letting on to the press right now and cancelling the Amber Alert without announcing any other details would be a massive giveaway. As awful as it sounds I don't think there's a lot that can be read into not cancelling the alert at this point.

That was my feeling too, and I would imagine the protocol around cancelling an Amber Alert would be quite strict. They already have a tonne of media there and maybe don't want anymore, which they would get if they cancelled the alert.

View attachment 54143

What do we know about little Nathan? He is 5 years Old. He is friendly.

Nathan is described as three-feet tall with curly blond hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing pea colored shorts and a blue-striped hoodie. He is a chatterbox who loves superheroes.
I pray with all my heart this little one is found soon. After losing a little son, I never want any mother to go what I went through and am still dealing with
He's so happy. That little smile and those little eyes are not of a child who has seen a lot of pain and suffering. Let's hope that's still the case ! :please:

Thank you both for mentioning this! You are both absolutely right. Wow! And I was the one who was actually there. I just looked at the photos I took of the area too and it's definitely the lower property. I'm going to edit my post with the map now.

New photo

24kwnqd.png

link to map
https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Ai...m2!3m1!1s0x53715f68bc9e1e03:0x91fe193692e62f5

The good news is there is no confirmation of bodies found, it is still an ACTIVE missing persons case.....

Here are photos from Global News..... ground search of massive acreage outside of Airdrie, Ab. (Saturday, July 5, 2014)

View attachment 54151View attachment 54152View attachment 54154

The distance from the Liknes home to the property in Airdrie is 42.6km, approximately 37 minutes driving time.

Timeline of events: (CBC)

June 27-29 Estate sale at Liknes home on 100 block 38A Avenue SW Calgary

June 29, 2014 2200h Nathan's mother, Jennifer O'Brien (JO) leaves him with Grandparents for sleepover

June 30, 2014 1000h JO returns to Grandparents house

June 30, 2014 1715h Calgary Police Service (CPS) issue Amber Alert for 3 missing persons

July 4, 2014 EVENING CPS and RCMP conduct area search of property outside Airdrie, Alberta (Range Road 291, N Hwy 257, S TWS 274)

July 5, 2014 1830h CPS announce POI in custody (no charges)

Good video. Neighbour where police staged at is interviewed and gives his name

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=393349&binId=1.1201914&playlistPageNum=1

No one really took that neighbour seriously after this interview happened. Like 5+ people and cameras (including myself) crowded outside the truck to listen to him talk. You can't see everything in the clip but he contradicted himself a few times and admitted he didn't know much about the family and spoke to them last 3 years ago and it was very brief. Also he didn't see anything firsthand, he's just going off hearsay from his wife. Some of the reporters decided they weren't going to use any of his quotes because of that alone.

He also went on a rant about how once he was on a tv show about hockey and they filmed at his property and he thought it was just so fun. He just wanted his mug on TV :p he hardly knew much, and he sought out the cameras. Reporters there talked to more credible people but they weren't so eager to jump on camera like this guy was.

Reporter mentions neighbour recognized the green truck because it was missing a mirror...

A different neighbour. Not the guy in the video.

No one really took that neighbour seriously after this interview happened. Like 5+ people and cameras (including myself) crowded outside the truck to listen to him talk. You can't see everything in the clip but he contradicted himself a few times and admitted he didn't know much about the family and spoke to them last 3 years ago and it was very brief. Also he didn't see anything firsthand, he's just going off hearsay from his wife. Some of the reporters decided they weren't going to use any of his quotes because of that alone.

He also went on a rant about how once he was on a tv show about hockey and they filmed at his property and he thought it was just so fun. He just wanted his mug on TV :p he hardly knew much, and he sought out the cameras. Reporters there talked to more credible people but they weren't so eager to jump on camera like this guy was.

A different neighbour. Not the guy in the video.

Thank you for giving up your time and going to the scene to give us a first hand account of what was happening this afternoon. It is much appreciated!

Thank you for giving up your time and going to the scene to give us a first hand account of what was happening this afternoon. It is much appreciated!

No problem! I wanted to see everything firsthand. Happy to share what I saw!

Oh yeah found an article where they used that neighbour's quotes. Some new stuff in here.

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/10...ty-no-word-on-connection-to-amber-alert-case/

It's got an example of how he kept contradicting himself. First in the article he says "yeah I know that family" and then "I've never even seen their house before". I think again he was more speaking on behalf of his wife and maybe she actually communicated with them occasionally and just told him about it for the most part.

After this much time has passed searching this property, I really don't think that LE will discover the family there. Hopefully they will find some kind of evidence, but how likely would it be that a guilty person would dispose of three bodies on his own property? I think the search will have to continue beyond this lead.

I bet the police don,t let this suspect in custody sleep. So he will be going on at least 24 hours no sleep now and hopefully they wear him down and he starts talking about the whereabouts of this family is.

Kittymeow, are you going to post any pictures that you said you took of the scene? TIA!

After this much time has passed searching this property, I really don't think that LE will discover the family there. Hopefully they will find some kind of evidence, but how likely would it be that a guilty person would dispose of three bodies on his own property? I think the search will have to continue beyond this lead.

Honestly I thought the same thing while watching them grid search this afternoon. "Who would really hide bodies in the front yard like that?". Yeah the grass was tall and it's a pretty big field but come on I doubt anyone would be stupid enough to do that. Well maybe I could see it if it were just a temporary thing until they found something better but even still not a very intelligent move. But regardless who knows what they could find out there in terms of evidence and I'm glad to see LE did a very thorough and diligent job combing the property.

All the officers there and the media members seemed pretty concerned... worried about this family. I spoke to one officer outside his tactical vehicle and noticed there was a small stuffed animal duck tied onto the outside of it. I asked him what it was for and he said it was something he found a few years ago while participating in a search for a child near lethbridge. He said "we weren't hopeful about that search, but when we found the toy duck it really gave us all a lot more hope and made a big difference. I wanted to keep it on my vehicle as a momento". It was nice to hear that this type of stuff isn't just work to the officers but there's compassion too... especially since a child is involved again. I wonder what child he was talking about though... I didn't ask much further because I wanted to leave them be.

I've heard of more than a few cases, where that was what happened - unfortunately :(

Airdrie small population maybe 50,000. Someone out there must know al ot more JMO. Also the highest income on average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper