Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great sleuthing and find and :wagon:

It's gone POOF! Seriously :O

Just want to post a message to everyone here following this case, if you think there could be something relevant to this case, no matter how minute it may seem, please do not hesitate to call. Your tip could help to bring AL, KL and Nathan home to their loved ones. MOO.

Anyone with information about this case is urged to call 403-266-1234 or Crime Stoppers anonymously by calling 1-800-222-8477, visiting calgarycrimestoppers.org, or texting tttTIPS to 274637.

I have both a RR address and a legal land location. The RR address wouldn't help anyone know exactly where I lived but the land location would. When I worked for EMS thats the easiest way to find someones house is if they were able to give us there land location.
What do you mean by land location? Someone here posted the coordinates early. We know where the house is but we don't know who owns it.

My actual mail box is a RR address, which is miles away along side many others. My legal land location pin points exactly where I am. Its something like NW 22 54 32 W4, like what was posted earlier. Most farms and acreages have one. I had to give the kids bus driver the LLL so they knew which house to stop at.

View attachment 54143

What do we know about little Nathan? He is 5 years Old. He is friendly.

Nathan is described as three-feet tall with curly blond hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing pea colored shorts and a blue-striped hoodie. He is a chatterbox who loves superheroes.
I pray with all my heart this little one is found soon. After losing a little son, I never want any mother to go what I went through and am still dealing with

This pic of Nathan breaks my heart. What a sweet looking, wonderful young man. It is devastating to ponder. :star:

:heartbeat:

And my heart goes out to you, Badhorsie. I cannot imagine how hard it must be. Bless You. :rose:

Legal land description at least here in Manitoba...in the country....is by Dominion Land Survey....when the west was settled..from the Manitoba border west...they did a mile by mile grid to pinpoint land so when the settlers came out here to claim....they could find their land by a wooden marker that had been put in by the surveyors from the railroad.....basically....Manitoba...Sask..and most of Alberta are divided up this way....It can get complicated in explaining it....if you google dominion land survey it can explain far better than I EVER could*L* Anywho....if you saw a land description like this:
SW-1-2-3-W04M

SW - in a mile by mile square means the SW quarter of the square
1 is the section #... 2 is the township # ....and 3 is the range # W04M means West of the 4th Meridian *usually written as W4*....*again part of the Dominion Land Survey* ...means West of the 4th Meridian which is the Alberta/Sask border ...hope that helps :)

Legal land description at least here in Manitoba...in the country....is by Dominion Land Survey. ...hope that helps :)

You explained that so well! Thank you, I was having a hard time!

You explained that so well! Thank you, I was having a hard time!

haha...well I'm from the country and I still can't explain it 'properly' *L* If someone gave me directions by section # I'd probably be lost but tell me to go 2 miles south on Gravel Road and 1 mile west on Paved Lane & 1/2 a mile past the river....THEN...I could get ya there*L*

I only read through all of this thread, both parts tonight and one thing that stuck with me was a post about a new conference by LE. It was on page 9 of the first thread. I don't know how to link back to it but when I read it I instantly thought" huh, they know its a homicide then"
Why I felt that was one because the man quoted and leading the investigation is in the HOMICIDE unit and two when you read his words a couple of times you realize he knows its murder, says he cant name the suspects and he wants to make sure they nail the person. Of course this is just my opinion from reading it and as always we hope against hope.
"

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/07/03/ca...-grandparents/

"CALGARY – Calgary police say closed-circuit video and tips from the public are bringing them closer to understanding what happened to a missing five-year-old boy and his grandparents.

But homicide unit Staff-Sgt. Doug Andrus said investigators still don’t have any suspects they can name.

“We have no suspects we can name, but … we have information that’s allowed us to move forward with this investigation,” Andrus said at a news conference Thursday.

“I think everyone here, first of all, wants to ensure that we do a complete and thorough investigation. We identify the people responsible and we hold them accountable and I don’t want to do anything to jeopardize that.

“Are we closer than yesterday, I would say we are.”

Just a reminder...

We do not have anyone named as a suspect or person of interest. Discussing anyone as such is not allowed. Sleuthing anyone other than the victims is not allowed. We can link to and discuss what is in main stream media. No rumor allowed. If you have any questions you can pm Coldpizza, me or any Mod. We are all happy to help.

:tyou:

Just a reminder...

We do not have anyone named as a suspect or person of interest. Discussing anyone as such is not allowed. Sleuthing anyone other than the victims is not allowed. We can link to and discuss what is in main stream media. No rumor allowed. If you have any questions you can pm Coldpizza, me or any Mod. We are all happy to help.

Thanks for explaining and for cleaning all that up :)

Airdrie small population maybe 50,000. Someone out there must know al ot more JMO. Also the highest income on average.

IMO, this property has nothing to do with the city of Airdrie, it just so happens that Airdrie is the closest city to the area, from a geography-reference point. I don't necessarily see why citizens of Airdrie would necessarily know anymore about this property/residents/POI than those in Calgary would.

I have removed several posts that were sleuthing an unknown/unverified person, naming what is possibly their business, and discussing their possible connection to this case.

:modstop:

We do not sleuth people that have not been named by LE or MSM. We do not plaster their name all over our pages so that the first thing that comes up when a google search is done, is our website.

I see several reminders about sleuthing non-poi's in this thread from seasoned Websleuthers that went unnoticed.

Please be mindful of how a person's privacy is invaded when they are wrongly associated with a crime. Do not sleuth unnamed persons.

Salem

Watching the 11pm global news to see if they have anything new or interesting to share.

IMO, this property has nothing to do with the city of Airdrie, it just so happens that Airdrie is the closest city to the area, from a geography-reference point. I don't necessarily see why citizens of Airdrie would necessarily know anymore about this property/residents/POI than those in Calgary would.

The property is within the Airdrie city limits!

Look at that guys - 2 mods within minutes of each other. Slowing down would be a good idea :)

Salem

Just a reminder...

Thank you for clarifying....I did just edit one of my posts so as not to specify a land description & made it 'generic' to describe the Dominion Land Survey....rather than any specific address ...just in case :)

I only read through all of this thread, both parts tonight and one thing that stuck with me was a post about a new conference by LE. It was on page 9 of the first thread. I don't know how to link back to it but when I read it I instantly thought" huh, they know its a homicide then"
Why I felt that was one because the man quoted and leading the investigation is in the HOMICIDE unit and two when you read his words a couple of times you realize he knows its murder, says he cant name the suspects and he wants to make sure they nail the person. Of course this is just my opinion from reading it and as always we hope against hope.

I didn't realize that it was the homicide unit leading the current investigation. That puts a sinking feeling into my stomach. May Nathan and his grandparents be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en