Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 11 o'clock news didn't have anything new to share. Reporter is live from the scene again though. Media has been there over 12 hours now I think.

Global went and filmed neighbour Jim Nevada right on his property.... new footage.... no new info. Man he sure loves that camera though lol.

Overall this report was just a recap from today.

If any of you get a chance it would be great if you could go thru the threads and pull some of the maps and put it in the Media and Map thread. :blowkiss:

Legal land description at least here in Manitoba...in the country....is by Dominion Land Survey....when the west was settled..from the Manitoba border west...they did a mile by mile grid to pinpoint land so when the settlers came out here to claim....they could find their land by a wooden marker that had been put in by the surveyors from the railroad.....basically....Manitoba...Sask..and most of Alberta are divided up this way....It can get complicated in explaining it....if you google dominion land survey it can explain far better than I EVER could*L* Anywho....if you saw a land description like this:
SW-1-2-3-W04M

SW - in a mile by mile square means the SW quarter of the square
1 is the section #... 2 is the township # ....and 3 is the range # W04M means West of the 4th Meridian *usually written as W4*....*again part of the Dominion Land Survey* ...means West of the 4th Meridian which is the Alberta/Sask border ...hope that helps :)

Lori, do you know if there is any way we can search current info. I can only get Western Canada Land Grants up to 1930 and it just brings up CP Rail. I know I used to be able to search them post-1930, but now it is only searchable by Name. Thanks !!

haha...well I'm from the country and I still can't explain it 'properly' *L* If someone gave me directions by section # I'd probably be lost but tell me to go 2 miles south on Gravel Road and 1 mile west on Paved Lane & 1/2 a mile past the river....THEN...I could get ya there*L*

It's quite simple ... that would be 2msGR-1mwPL-.5mPR :biggrin:

I didn't realize that it was the homicide unit leading the current investigation. That puts a sinking feeling into my stomach. May Nathan and his grandparents be safe.

Just catching up so this may have been addressed ... it was said early on, to the effect that Homicide also handles MP cases. I'd be hard-pressed to find the post right now, but we've seen this in other cases where LE pursues from the potential of it being a homicide even though it is unknown at the time.

Hope that makes you feel a tch better.

Lori, do you know if there is any way we can search current info. I can only get Western Canada Land Grants up to 1930 and it just brings up CP Rail. I know I used to be able to search them post-1930, but now it is only searchable by Name. Thanks !!
As far as I know....*I will have to research that myself too!* I think with privacy laws etc...there has to be a certain amount of time passed ...I've looked up land grants & ownership for ancestry and family stuff...and you could put all that info in ...and it would tell you previous owners up to a certain point....but I believe you are correct about 'up to 1930' I think it has to be at least 75 years old to get names. I know too....at least here in Manitoba to look up birth/death/marriage records they have to be over 100 years since birth ...I think 70 since marriage....can't remember the death records...anywhooo....I'm guessing...same deal with ownership records...they won't allow too much 'current' or 'recent' info out...because of privacy...sucks when you want to sleuth it doesn't it? :)

If you have the way points and google them within quotation marks it should give you the exact location and/or a township

CTV News Calgary just named the POI taken from the property

It's quite simple ... that would be 2msGR-1mwPL-.5mPR :biggrin:

Now wait a minute.....I read that perfectly!! I would have to say tho....to differentiate between R & R we'd have to do something like this: 2msGRd-1mwPL-.5mPR haha...wouldn't want you mistaking a Road for a River! ;) Okay now I'm being far too silly...I'm glad you got my drift tho :)

CTV News Calgary just named the POI taken from the property

If they named him as a POI, can you share his name? Link please! TIA.

I'm glad LE seem to be getting closer to solving this one, but I just can't help but feel that we're not going to get the happy ending we all so desperately want. It's been too long now, and I don't think it's looking very likely that all three will be found alive. We know at least one of them are seriously injured, could they have lasted so long without medical attention? Praying that I'm wrong.

Seeing all of the farm pics gives me a sick feeling, reminding me of the Tim Bosma case. :( I hope there is nothing even remotely similar, especially no copycatting, but this just seems all too familiar in a bad way. :( I hope I'm wrong. Kijiji. farm. truck. :sigh:

I know what you mean, except that I think of the tragedies and horrors on the Pickton pig farm.

Thank you Gibson. I had noticed earlier in this video at 5:30 near the end of the video, there is a vehicle parked by the trees on the left. I thought it may have been the pickup, but looking closer now, I believe it's an older model BMW. There is also a blue vehicle parked underneath some trees on the right, which appears to maybe be a Ford Taurus wagon. I would assume the Ford pickup was hauled away (which would require a search and seize warrant) before the media got wind of this latest development. Seems LE are on the ball as they would have had to get a search warrant before entering on this property. MOO.

Does anyone know what that box thing with the chimney is? Smoke house or incinerator maybe?

http://globalnews.ca/video/1434629/raw-video-police-search-rural-property-north-of-calgary

I was watching live on tv. As soon as they post the video link will be coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member