Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah Offin @sarahoffin · 7m Aquatic rescue team returns from slough without much fanfare. Say water's only about a foot 1/2 deep #amberalert pic.twitter.com/CAB0P8Fqwt

Br-IMORCcAAsb-r.jpg

https://twitter.com/sarahoffin

Let's hope the POI isn't sending them on a wild goose chase. :(

Could those be Marijuana

It could be, I suppose. But I think that whole area just looks like a family garden with the more "delicate" plants in the shelter at the end. Having a greenhouse or shelter here for at least some of your veggies can be very useful as we have such a short growing season and we do experience damaging hail and high winds in the summer.

Could those be Marijuana

Well you would need 3-4 gallon pots as shown in the picture to grow adult marijuana plants...but plants that size would survive just fine out in the open too. Deer and rabbits will not eat adult marijuana plants (only young tender ones that haven't developed their chemical defenses yet) and there was plenty of privacy on the land until this investigation...so...???

It is odd that there are such big plant pots in there. You would think you would reserve your valuable space in a greenhouse for small, tender plants...not great big ones that grow in 3-4 gallon pots.

So overall let's just say it's odd to see huge pots in a greenhouse.

Are we past the 36 hours that they initially said they were going to be there for?

I wonder if they had to get another warrant? As far as entering another farm, would they have to get a warrant for that? Does anyone know if you can trace warrant activity? I honestly have no idea.

Also, that is a lot of resources being used up. I sure hope it isn't a goose chase. I do worry about how long these officers can go at this pace for? The intensity will be crippling after a while.

The photo in post 338 shows vegetation in the water. That is what I think the "blurred black box" is, just native grasses growing wild.

The two holes in the bottom of the greenhouse though? One is square and the other is rectangular. Secret doors hidden under easily-movable plants or some sort of drain?

The photo in post 338 shows vegetation in the water. That is what I think the "blurred black box" is, just native grasses growing wild.

Thanks. After looking at that latest pic that's what I was wondering, too. If it's only 1 1/2 foot deep that explains a lot, too. I'm so not familiar with prairie sloughs down here in the Deep South! :)

So has this SUV or truck been there since LE started their search? Curious why this is the first mention of it.............did they JUST discover it today?

Interesting photo. The vehicle is partially in the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member