Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's suppose that this was a domestic situation. All of the family vehicles are accounted for. How did anyone leave the property?

Otto, I still wonder if AL's truck had been used, brought back and then perp picked up by someone else.

Let's suppose that this was a domestic situation. All of the family vehicles are accounted for. How did anyone leave the property?

Yes that is a quandary otto. Either DG helped in some way or AL had access to another vehicle that we the public are not aware of.

Bank cards don't have names on them anymore. Could this be a card from years ago and LE are groping at straws to keep him incarcerated?

Or could it perhaps belong to AL or KL?

I get the vibe that the L's and O's are wound pretty tightly at the best of times. They were in business ventures together and went bankrupted together. I'm thinking KL "sold" them on investing in at least one venture and it could be why RO (and by default JO) went bankrupt. JO's following statement tells me that KL had a demeanor for when she was selling and another when she wasn't working.

JO from the press conference: "And people would buy stuff and my mom was being herself being a sales lady and she was just so friendly to everybody ..."

How many think 'good things' about sales people? Would buy is not bought. So KL was working very hard to persuade people to buy their stuff and from what was reported, not much was sold so she would have been tired and frustrated/disappointed? NO would have made her happy?

NO was old enough to recant what he would have seen and heard. Age and desire aside, he wouldn't have left him behind to talk... and conversely NO's parents are counting on him loving him too much to hurt him.

jmo

No that is incorrect. If your spouse goes bankrupt you do not have to file with them. As long as you haven't co-signed anything or opened up joint credit, each person is financially separate. My understanding is that ONLY KL and ONLY RO went bankrupt. Otherwise the press would have been talking about a "joint bankruptcy", not individuals separate bankruptcies.

On KL's face book page virtually every post since she joined in 2007 is income profit related and advertisements for products - services and promotions. Seems IMO too many ventures have contributed to chronic financial issues. At some point these matters usually crack and being the business dissolved 13 days ago may have been the stressor that broke the proverbial camel's back. IMO, I think this was a heat of the moment crisis within the home and not an outside situation. It is easy to get caught up in the complexities of all the business dealings, connections with families on both sides and especially details about DG however and imagine all sorts of made for tv plots but I think it is a matter of a domestic dispute I gone awry and NO was as the parents have said was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Having said that, I think there is a good chance NO would be alive then as I do not see any grandparent harming a grandchild.

So a truck that just happens to be recorded in the neighborhood at the time of the alleged crime, just happens to look like one driven by someone who just happens to have family, and previous "business" dealings with one of the alleged victims... That would indeed be a case of 'wrong place, wrong time'.

Supply and demand of what?
Prostitutes, cocaine, other man-made lab drugs, dirty deeds? :dunno: IMO, were there is money, crime will follow. Alberta has alot of money, not like BC. :(

Otto, I still wonder if AL's truck had been used, brought back and then perp picked up by someone else.

I think it's quite possible that his truck was used during the night. It was after police viewed surveillance video that the truck was taken in for analysis.

That makes a lot of sense Daisy. Lets say NO was still sleeping soundly and something happened to KL. Children are heavy sleepers especially after the active day N had at the estate sale and late evening likely past his normal bed routine. AL could be remove KL from the home leaving NO sleeping unawares, using his truck and then AL contacts DG for a assistance. DG could be unaware of what has occurred and if NO remained asleep would be non the wiser. Just my thoughts.

Bank cards don't have names on them anymore. Could this be a card from years ago and LE are groping at straws to keep him incarcerated?

My bank card has my name on it. I was just issued a new one. Perhaps it's different here in the US?

Can we all please reply with a quote to specific posts we are responding to? I am finding it difficult to follow along when there are single posts with no quote, I have no idea what you are agreeing to or adding more detail, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems highly unlikely to me that the step-grand dad would plot his disappearance after 'harming' his wife, and take his 5 year old step grandchild along. If tensions were that high in terms of bankruptcy and financial losses, I just don't see a motive.

Motive is money. They sold their house. Two new properties were bought to retire to. But the family was vague about their plans so maybe the AL and KL were on the outs and the family just wasn't made aware of it.. or maybe KL was hoping that selling everything and moving on (second chance) would change the dynamics of the marriage. For all anyone knows, AL might have been syphoning money from the businesses he was associated with. Maybe Al just didn't want to have to share what was left over? Just walk away from all the bad business ($800k in taxes owed, etc.) and just forget it all and 'disappear'. But he wouldn't be able to do that (divorce means split 50/50). Maybe he was feeling greedy.

Hopefully we'll find out and Nathan will be back with his family soon.

No that is incorrect. If your spouse goes bankrupt you do not have to file with them. As long as you haven't co-signed anything or opened up joint credit, each person is financially separate. My understanding is that ONLY KL and ONLY RO went bankrupt. Otherwise the press would have been talking about a "joint bankruptcy", not individuals separate bankruptcies.

That's correct. But JO would still feel the financial fall-out (credit) being that they are a unit.

It's important to note that JO did not say that DG showed up at the sale. Apparently a truck like his was in the neighbourhood that evening and during the time the crime occurred, according to LE. Why drive all the way from Airdrie to NOT visit someone?

I expect that DG's parents can't return home until the search warrant has been fully executed, but I wonder where they were on Sunday-Monday night? What was DG's alibi?

Re: the bank card in MKH's name: keep in mind that bank cards have an expiry on them. If it were an old card it would no longer be valid and DG could not face a charge. It sounds like it's his current card though, based on press reports that he was charged with either using or possessing (accounts vary) stolen ID on the 4th.

I thought it was only the grandparents with the bankruptcy issues and not NO's parents?? Do you have a link to the info about RO going bankrupt?

Prostitutes, cocaine, other man-made lab drugs, dirty deeds? :dunno: IMO, were there is money, crime will follow. Alberta has alot of money, not like BC. :(

There might be drugs in Calgary, but that doesn't mean that there are mob connections, or drug connections, to oil industry executives and oil company head offices.

So a truck that just happens to be recorded in the neighborhood at the time of the alleged crime, just happens to look like one driven by someone who just happens to have family, and previous "business" dealings with one of the alleged victims... That would indeed be a case of 'wrong place, wrong time'.

Good point. I expanded my point of view in another post to include AL receiving assistance from DG.

My bank card, issued in Calgary does not have my name on it. I had it replaced right at the bank ... I worked in banking for years and our major bank issued cards right at the branch so no names on the bank card.

Sorry tried to link as a reply but it didn't work :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member