Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If I want to link to a German paper do I just put the link or do I have to translate it?

Delayed questioning in Portugal, failed interrogation in France: The video calls in the trial against Christian B. show the complexity of the proceedings. Nothing new came out of it.

Thanks for the answers!

Laurentiu is a Romanian name. I wonder how good his German language skills are?

From another criminal. This time almost certainly incentivised with a deal for providing information. I don’t like to be cynical but it’s hard not to be.

This witness could also be important for the prosecution in the MM case. However, he hasn’t been able to lead them to any material evidence.

Yes, it's hard not to be. The criminal shenanigan aspect aside, in order for this witness to have credibility, his account of conversations with CB would need to have been officially reported before the details of the charges were in the public domain. The fact he's being bussed in at this late stage suggests not imo, since testimony of the kind he's alleged to have been party to would surely have made him an important witness...

We'll see. Or not.

Last edited:
B Z article says it's an application for the witness to appear.

Last edited:
Looks likely we will find out if timings turn out as forecast.

There must be a plethora of unfinished business from the start of this trial beginning with the motion to dismiss the lay judge with the penchant for making very ill judged social media comment.
The suspect having exercised his right to silence appears to have left a vacuum which his defence team have assiduously filled by almost every witness for the prosecution, or perhaps actually all of them, facing some kind of slur or challenge of one kind or other.
The court appears to have knuckled under the relentless assault which is probably going to take up a great deal of court time as the clock ticks relentlessly towards whatever goal the defence has in mind. Bearing in mind the delays to first of all getting CB into a court in the first instance and now that he's in one - getting him out or at least reaching verdicts on his five separate indictments.
My opinion

Snip
FF announced it after the first day of the trial: "It doesn't get any more boring," he said on Friday, February 16, after the hearing.
And Christian B.'s defense attorney did not promise too much.
A week later, on February 23, the defense team initially overwhelmed the court with motions.

For almost three hours, the defense attorneys FF, DB and PM justified pages of motions.

The defense was no longer able to present its last one in full. The presiding judge ended the trial day in the middle of it after FF asked for a ten-minute break.

Thanks. German prosecutors can give a brief summary of the evidence after they charge & make it public.

What happens to the McCann conversations if the summary of the evidence reads “he had pictures of MM deceased, on his hard-drive”?

Before the trial even began the world would know that the parents played no part because CB had pictures on his hard-drive. Fulscher would then become the lawyer trying to use multiple legal motions to free a man that had pictures of MM deceased.

I think that scenario possible & it would essentially clarify the case before the trial even started. Obviously we know who would undoubtedly create stories & take issue with that- but I think the wider public would be in no doubt.

Last edited:
If he couldn't have known this...it's very important
IMO every witness in a sexual assault case is important. Yes people will be spending time discrediting the witness before he’s even said his piece. They’ll be doing the same afterward, irrespective of what he says.

It doesn’t surprise me that CB boasted to more people. But If the witness just repeats what’s already been widely reported I don’t think they would turn any heads, especially not the judges.

IMO every witness in a sexual assault case is important. Yes people will be spending time discrediting the witness before he’s even said his piece. They’ll be doing the same afterward, irrespective of what he says.

It doesn’t surprise me that CB boasted to more people. But If the witness just repeats what’s already been widely reported I don’t think they would turn any heads, especially not the judges.
It would become really incriminating if it contained details that have not yet been published and which only the perpetrator can know

Friday, Sept. 6th:
*Trial continues (Day 30) (@ 9am CET) – Germany/Portugal - Hazel Behan (20 @ time/now 40) (in her home, June 16, 2004, Praia de Rocha on the Algarve coast, 10 miles from Praia de Luz, Portimao, Portugal) - *Christian Stefan Brückner (Bruekner) (27 @ time of 1st crime (2004)/45/now 47) charged (Oct. 11, 2022) with sexual assault (suspect held a knife & brutally raped her. The accused then tied & gagged the woman to a table & raped her again. He then whipped the victim on the back with a whip he had brought with him & finally forcibly performed oral sex with the victim. The accused filmed large parts of the events with a video camera he had brought with him). Braunschweig Regional District Court
Germany/Portugal – *Charged (Oct. 11, 2022) & arrest warrant reinstated 11/18/22 - a 14 year old teenager (unknown victim) (on tape: assaulted/hit the naked girl with a whip. Said to have brutally forced the girl to have oral sex. The accused also videotaped this act). Took place between Dec. 28, 2000 to April 8, 2006 on the Praia da Luz, Algarve coast, Portugal.
Germany/Portugal - *Charged (Oct. 11, 2022) & arrest warrant reinstated 11/18/22 - an elderly woman 70-80 yrs old (unknown victim) a Tour Rep (tied up & raped the victim in her holiday apt. He then hit the victim several times with a whip. The accused is said to have recorded the entire event with a video camera). Took place around the same time (between Dec. 28, 2000 to April 8, 2006) on the Praia de Luz, Algarve coast, Portugal.
Germany/Portugal – *Charged (Oct. 11, 2022) & arrest warrant reinstated 11/18/22 - 10 year old German girl (Joana E.) (wearing only shoes & otherwise naked. He grabbed the child's wrist & began to perform masturbation movements on his naked penis). On Salema (Zalema) beach, near Praia de Luz, Portugal, April 7, 2007).
Germany/Portugal – *Charged (Oct. 11, 2022) & arrest warrant reinstated 11/18/22 – Ines VP (11 year old Portuguese girl) (pulled down his trousers & underpants & made masturbation movements on his naked penis in order to sexually arouse himself, until the frightened girl ran to her father for help. The suspect was arrested on the spot by the Portuguese police). Exposed himself in playpark, São Bartolomeu de Messines, June 11, 2017).
Trial began on February 16, 2024. (And continued on Feb. 23rd, Mar. 1st & 14th, Apr. 2nd, 10th, 12th, 17th, 19th, 24th & 26th, May 2nd, 15th, 166th, 17th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 28th, 29th & June 4th & 5th & 28th, July 5th, August 5th, 15th).
Next Trial dates: Sept 6, 25, 26, 27, Oct. 2, 7, 8, 21 & Oct. 22, 2024.
Presiding Judge Dr. Engemann. Lead Prosecutor Ute Lindermann. Defense attorneys Dr. Friedrich Fülscher, Philipp Marquort, Dennis Bock & Atilla Aykac.
Brueckner is currently serving a 7 year sentence for the 2005 rape on a pensioner; was sentenced in 2019. Release in Spring or Summer of 2026.

Case info & charges & Brueckner info from June 1, 2020 thru Jan. 18, 2024 & Trial Day 1-28 (Feb. 16 thru Aug. 15) reference post #20 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ault-crimes-praia-de-rocha-portugal-5.722126/

September 5, 2024 Thursday, Day 29: Prosecutor Vanessa Beyse requested that the witness Laurentiu C. be called in. He was imprisoned in 2019 with Brückner in the JVA Braunschweig. Brückner told this witness, according to the prosecutor's office, of several rapes he committed in Portugal. Prosecutor Vanessa Beyse said his descriptions of the attacks bore similarities to the rapes of Diana & Hazel. She said in one confession he boasted of “raping an old lady” & “tying up and beating her, which really excited him”. Ms. Beyse said Brueckner also told a fellow inmate of stealing money from a rape victim’s handbag in Portugal. During her evidence earlier this year, Hazel told how her rapist took cash from her handbag. During Hazel's first statement after the crime in Portugal, misunderstandings are said to have occurred due to the language barrier. Hazel's good friend, PE., who translated for her at the time, was supposed to testify in court on Thursday. But he did not appear.
The next continuation date is scheduled for Friday, September 6, 2024, @ 9am.
For more info see posts #21, 30, 33 & 35 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...rimes-praia-de-rocha-portugal-5.722126/page-2

Another uncorroborated statement, it would seem.

I would argue against that in relation to the fact that the narrative given to the police regarding the content of the missing rape video was corroborated
  • by dint of the tracing of DM's rape in Portuguese police files
  • and the identification of CB as a person of interest previously unconnected to the crime
  • whose presence at the scene was corroborated forensically which resulted in his conviction
Without the statements given by his criminal buddies enabling corroboration, CB would have walked away from the consequences of justice being delivered for his crime.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jzouzie
Back