Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If I want to link to a German paper do I just put the link or do I have to translate it?

Delayed questioning in Portugal, failed interrogation in France: The video calls in the trial against Christian B. show the complexity of the proceedings. Nothing new came out of it.

Laurentiu is a Romanian name. I wonder how good his German language skills are?

From another criminal. This time almost certainly incentivised with a deal for providing information. I don’t like to be cynical but it’s hard not to be.

This witness could also be important for the prosecution in the MM case. However, he hasn’t been able to lead them to any material evidence.

Yes, it's hard not to be. The criminal shenanigan aspect aside, in order for this witness to have credibility, his account of conversations with CB would need to have been officially reported before the details of the charges were in the public domain. The fact he's being bussed in at this late stage suggests not imo, since testimony of the kind he's alleged to have been party to would surely have made him an important witness...

We'll see. Or not.

Last edited:
B Z article says it's an application for the witness to appear.

Last edited:
Looks likely we will find out if timings turn out as forecast.

There must be a plethora of unfinished business from the start of this trial beginning with the motion to dismiss the lay judge with the penchant for making very ill judged social media comment.
The suspect having exercised his right to silence appears to have left a vacuum which his defence team have assiduously filled by almost every witness for the prosecution, or perhaps actually all of them, facing some kind of slur or challenge of one kind or other.
The court appears to have knuckled under the relentless assault which is probably going to take up a great deal of court time as the clock ticks relentlessly towards whatever goal the defence has in mind. Bearing in mind the delays to first of all getting CB into a court in the first instance and now that he's in one - getting him out or at least reaching verdicts on his five separate indictments.
My opinion

Snip
FF announced it after the first day of the trial: "It doesn't get any more boring," he said on Friday, February 16, after the hearing.
And Christian B.'s defense attorney did not promise too much.
A week later, on February 23, the defense team initially overwhelmed the court with motions.

For almost three hours, the defense attorneys FF, DB and PM justified pages of motions.

The defense was no longer able to present its last one in full. The presiding judge ended the trial day in the middle of it after FF asked for a ten-minute break.

Thanks. German prosecutors can give a brief summary of the evidence after they charge & make it public.

What happens to the McCann conversations if the summary of the evidence reads “he had pictures of MM deceased, on his hard-drive”?

Before the trial even began the world would know that the parents played no part because CB had pictures on his hard-drive. Fulscher would then become the lawyer trying to use multiple legal motions to free a man that had pictures of MM deceased.

I think that scenario possible & it would essentially clarify the case before the trial even started. Obviously we know who would undoubtedly create stories & take issue with that- but I think the wider public would be in no doubt.

Last edited:
If he couldn't have known this...it's very important
IMO every witness in a sexual assault case is important. Yes people will be spending time discrediting the witness before he’s even said his piece. They’ll be doing the same afterward, irrespective of what he says.

It doesn’t surprise me that CB boasted to more people. But If the witness just repeats what’s already been widely reported I don’t think they would turn any heads, especially not the judges.

IMO every witness in a sexual assault case is important. Yes people will be spending time discrediting the witness before he’s even said his piece. They’ll be doing the same afterward, irrespective of what he says.

It doesn’t surprise me that CB boasted to more people. But If the witness just repeats what’s already been widely reported I don’t think they would turn any heads, especially not the judges.
It would become really incriminating if it contained details that have not yet been published and which only the perpetrator can know

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tawnitrevino
Back