Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what makes me think the crime happened early in the night...wouldn't KL have taken that sign down before going to bed? I know I would have.

Must have happened after JO dropped NO off @ 10pm.

Was DG's parents at the release today for DG? Are they supportive of him? Would they not have offered him shelter wherever they are staying?

You would think that if they've supported him in the past, given his criminal history, that they'd continue to support him but who knows for sure? I'm sure, however, that if he is able to stay with them (wherever they're currently residing), it will (and should) be kept very confidential - for their safety and of course his......due to those who, in public opinion, have already decided he's guilty and may want to get a little vigilante justice.......on someone they believe is responsible for the disappearance and possible demise of a sweet little boy and his grandma and grandpa.

Forgot to reply with quote: Post 614 from Daniela 40: "The fact that its day 12 and no arrest, coupled with the fact that neighbours reportedly didn't hear anything strange points to one thing IMO.....this was a PROFESSIONAL HIT. "

Remember, the neighbour on the one side of the house is closer (the same side as the garage and side door), and that house was recently sold and is vacant. So, very opportune for whoever is responsible for the family's disappearance.

The fact that its day 12 and no arrest, coupled with the fact that neighbours reportedly didn't hear anything strange points to one thing IMO.....this was a PROFESSIONAL HIT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not really. A professional hit would have left bodies behind. Also we've heard the neighboring house was probably vacant with new residents set to move in on Jul 1.

Unless I'm wrong, LE is not obligated to share all they uncover with the media/public. How do we know they have uncovered 'nothing'?
I think they are playing safe, and that all of their resources are invested in bringing this case home, rather than providing the feedback people expect.
Someone in an earlier post stated something like "it's frustrating to know we (WS) are ahead of LE in figuring it out".
I personally don't believe that for a minute.

But we do. The only person of interest was just released on 750.00 in bail which to me suggests that he is less of a "person of interest" than we were led to believe. So who did it? Surely if DG did, evidence that was found against him would be released to keep him there.

They don't have to tell people but speak to people that have had a missing person. The more people you have interested, the more push you have with getting your loved ones home. People are losing interest and watching the police jump around from site to site with no one found and no real leads. Police giving information keeps people interested.

I don't think that WS is ahead of the police. I think they know darn right well what happened. They just don't have the people or bodies yet or the perp.

I would be willing to bet that the tips called in are much slimmer now than they were when the police were updating all the time and giving information. And lets face it, we wouldn't be here if we weren't dying to hear more. There is nothing more to sleuth here.

What a bunch of BS criminals in this country get such minimal sentences and this is just a damn joke. The guy who murdered my friend was in jail less than 5 years.

Slow down, you are calling someone a criminal that isn't even charged for the main issue, let alone convicted.

Exactly! This was done by a pro, I fear. And if so, these three people will probably never be found :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IMO a "professional" would back off in the presence of a child. It would be a huge risk to them and increase the intensity of the investigation. Also, I don't believe a professional would leave drag marks or even take the bodies with them ... they would get in, do the job and get out. JMO

What if we look at it from the angle of no one getting hurt in the home for a minute. Then we would have 3 ppl who disappeared through the night and a green truck going by.
So we would likely now be thinking DG was to provide some sort of diversion if/ when discovered and the three pll likely took off in another vehicle , perhaps also green, given the several different reported sightings from between 4:30 and 5 AM.
We might also think that he provided enough of a story to stall or keep LE busy a few days, a diversion.
So now we wonder for who ? The three ppl ? Or whomever took them ?
It's the way LE suggested someone was injured that made me focus more intently on DG but perhaps that was also part of some bigger plan.
I keep going back to drugs and money... Follow the money and the paper trail and you will find the person /s behind it all.

**Maybe DG was paid for his part in all this of keeping LE busy. Maybe someone owed DG for drugs and repaid the debt by making ppl dissappear and the plan was for 2 but a 3rd was there....
The ppl disappeared and the family apparently WANTED to offer a substantial reward right away , we discussed this previously, SO - did they think originally it was a drug related thing and money would bring the bad guys out and / or the tweekers who might have info to share. Or just a simple kidnapping ? Why,beyond the usual jump in call ins, would LE not want the reward offered ?
I don't see it as a joe blow off the street / random act. And LE didn't issue a warning to the general public that I saw.
I think you have to take a look at the whole picture and the info about ALL the people that may be involved here ... Drug dealers/ makers , people with guns, ppl with questionable means of income at this point
( I cant think of a better way to put that ), a large family with homes in Canada & abroad... The big picture to me, is drugs & money...Just typing out loud here.
I hope that someday they walk out of a cabin in the woods and say we are all crazy but till then...

Okay but what does a loan shark benefit from organizing a hit for unpaid debt? --- it's certainly not going to get them their money back.

No, but could be a message to other debtors what can happen when you don't pay your bills.

View attachment 54701
View attachment 54702

I took a screen capture from the Global News feed of what they stated as DG green Truck and compared it to the truck Released on July 4

Twoo things stick out to me

1. The truck siezed from DG has what appears to be an extended trailer hitch where the July 4 picture does not
2. The July 4 truck looks like a single cab late 80 pick up, where DG truck looks more like a 90s style with what could be a extended cab type
3. the colour of the bumper in the July 4 pic is white, all beit hard to tellfor sure the bumper on DG truck is dark in colour.

this is just my opinion, I will see if i can enhance both images and determine through my own investigation of the vehicles through the pictures or if i can locate better pics to go by

Maybe that bumper is actually chrome but looks white because of the white car next to it. Angle and mirror effect?

It was not a vigilante statement. It is quite possible that he will be in danger left to his own devices at one of Calgary's hostels or at a hotel/motel. There is a lot of heat on the man.

I certainly agree with you Krystine. Should anything terrible happen to this man - then there goes any potential leads as to where these 3 people may be. I say that, because the focus seems to be strictly upon him. And yet - he may not of had a thing to do with it. Hopefully the dna from L's home will be completed and results given to law enforcement.
Homeless shelters are NOT SAFE PLACES. In addition, they are not open 24/7 either. They are kicked out in the a.m, and have a set time when they can start to line up for a bed at nite.

Oh golly, it was on the CTV news yesterday where it showed AL's son and DG's sister, and also mentioned in a news article many pages back. If I search my history I might find it. might take a bit.

I don't think this is correct. On KL's facebook page there are photos of the wedding of JO and RO in August 2009 and there are clear photos of PG in the wedding pictures and what looks to be her three children two boys and a daughter so it seems that PG and AL were dating back then in 2009.

I have added a few tags to this and to the media thread because they had none and didn't come up in a tag search. Please feel free to add more!

Sorry, I can not stand statements like this. This man has not been charged with a crime.

Someone harming him is no better than the people that took these three innocent people.

Hear! Hear!!!

Someone upthread expressed surprise that some sympathy is now being expressed for DG. Why the surprise? Thankfully, we don't do the lynch mob thing anymore here in Canada opting instead to find evidence of a crime being committed by a named perpetrator or perpetrators and then subjecting that person or persons to the scrutiny of a properly constituted court within which he is given opportunity to contest the charges and thereby prove innocence of the crime. (At least that's how it is except in the case of Omar Khadr, but that's another story). Even IF DG has been guilty of capital crimes or violent assaults in the past (which apparently he has not been) it will still be necessary to prove his involvement in THIS crime, once somebody figures out with absolute certainty what crime has been committed here. IMO, IMHO. The other stuff? Disappearing? Thankfully, there is no crime associated with coming or going as one pleases in Canada. Lying about your identity? Well, it's sleezy, upsetting and a bit bizarre, for sure - but disappearing oneself or choosing to hide behind an identity mask is not illegal unless fraud is involved and someone suffers damages. IMO. IMHO. So, again, if you ask me, it's waaay to early to suit up the lynch mob. IMO. That's not sympathy for DG. That's respect for the law and for our system of human rights - a system that is meant to apply to everybody, even those among us that folks don't like very much, IMO. IMHO.

Must have happened after JO dropped NO off @ 10pm.

JO did not drop NO off @ 10 pm they were there already due to the estate sale and JO simply let NO remain with his grandparents likely in my opinion because he was fast asleep by then and she did not want to wake him since she was returning the next morning likely to help pack up the remaining items not sold in estate sale.

Unless I'm wrong, LE is not obligated to share all they uncover with the media/public. How do we know they have uncovered 'nothing'?
I think they are playing safe, and that all of their resources are invested in bringing this case home, rather than providing the feedback people expect.
Someone in an earlier post stated something like "it's frustrating to know we (WS) are ahead of LE in figuring it out".
I personally don't believe that for a minute.

That's right ... the public does not have a God-given right to know every detail of a police investigation. LE provides either the minimum or provides details if they are important to solving a case or won't hinder their investigation. While it is frustrating for sleuthers, you can bet your bippy LE knows more than we do. If WSrs happen to post a detail LE isn't aware of, that's a bonus for them and one of the ways we can be helpful to them as they try to solve this case.

Rod O’Brien, Nathan’s father, and Al Liknes — Alvin Liknes’s son and Garland’s brother-in-law — left the courtroom immediately after the bail hearing and did not speak to media.

Garland must report no less than three times a week to his director of release and will also have to report to Calgary Police Det. Colin Harper starting July 15 and must notify Harper if he has any changes in his name, residence or occupation, according to the release conditions.

As well, Garland must not be in possession of any identification documents, credit cards, debit cards, driver’s licences or mail, except those in his lawful name.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/Person+interest+family+disappearance+released+bail/10022139/story.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonnyfastball