Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Using same site this image is from, pan to the neighbor's yard to the north and you will clearly see the building and it looks like the same truck is parked in pretty much the same spot as the news video.

Going back from my previous post and am pretty certain it is not the same truck.

So does that mean that the mystery is solved ... that the green truck at the neighbour's property is not the green truck that is related to this disappearance?

Using same site this image is from, pan to the neighbor's yard to the north and you will clearly see the building and it looks like the same truck is parked in pretty much the same spot as the news video.
Edit... The 'green' truck looks to be in front of a different building, the building in question is on NE corner of neighbor's yard.

Going back from my previous post and am pretty certain it is not the same truck.

Wait, are you talking about the light green truck? I see that one. Where is the dark green one?

Sometimes on these larger parcels there are 2 homes, one usually called the 'home farm', the original house, and the other usually newer that is home to the younger family members. I am wondering if that's the case here, that it is all Garland land. Sometimes it's a hired man's family living in the lesser home, sometimes it's rented out. That might explain why the green truck is parked where it is.

I think it means that the green truck at the neighbour's property has nothing to do with the disappearance.

Hey guys I don't think I can post the picture, but go to this link and I think it's Garland covering his face taken July 6? Has this been posted yet?

[modsnip]

I did a reverse image search and found three news sites that match the photo but when I click on them I can't find the photo.

That photo was released earlier in the week and appear to be taken at the airport. I don't think it is a current photo.

You are correct, that picture is taken at the old arrivals gate at the Calgary airport.

Yeah, I think it was July 6? Why would he need to be at the airport?

I'm pretty sure that photo is from a news story about him being brought back to Calgary from BC when he was charged with identity theft, etc. 1990's.

Wait, are you talking about the light green truck? I see that one. Where is the dark green one?

The 20-25 year old green Ford T150 in mint condition is not on the property and is not in any media images. It was gone before the media arrived. Police are examining it for evidence.

I'm pretty sure that photo is from a news story about him being brought back to Calgary from BC when he was charged with identity theft, etc. 1990's.

Oh, duh. Because I was thinking he looks in pretty good shape. Thanks!

I'm gonna quit posting for a while. When something clicks in my head , I get all excited and post, and I just confuse. lol

I think it means that the green truck at the neighbour's property has nothing to do with the disappearance.

Okay, my last post for a while.

So that means that another rare green truck is right next door. So much for rare green.

So the question is is THAT green truck on THAT property still sitting in the exact same place? Has LE checked it out, etc., removed it since then.

IIRC ...media weren't out there until the Sat. *5th*....So say the vid was shot on either the 5, 6 or 7th *7th being the night it was broadcast*.....the truck that was apparently taken in ...was taken in Friday night the 4th. I don't know if they've 'checked it out' or moved the truck in the video but assuming the filming/day of broadcast was the 6th/7th...it was still there then.

The 20-25 year old green Ford T150 in mint condition is not on the property and is not in any media images. It was gone before the media arrived. Police are examining it for evidence.

Right, but there is the dark green truck from the aerial view and I thought that is what the poster was pointing out in her photo. This is the dark green truck that everyone thought originally was DG's right? Until discussions today?

Okay, my last post for a while.

So that means that another rare green truck is right next door. So much for rare green.

The truck is not rare because it is green, it is rare because it is 20-25 years old, in mint condition, and there were no green Ford trucks between roughly 1987 and 1992.

Using arcgis web site, look at the neighbor's yard adjacent to the north side of the Garland yard. One building matches the news video (has a blue truck with horse/cattle trailer in front of it), another building nearby has a dark green truck similar to the one in the video. I assume I can't post the image.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/c...k+Liknes+family+drug+past/10005813/story.html

RE: pic of DG covering face

Caption on picture says 'File photo 06/21/99: Medical school dropout and accused drug lab operator DG (white shirt and glasses) arrested several years ago for manufacturing drug, escaped police custody and was later apprehended by police in Vancouver after living several years under an alias.Photograph by: Shannon Oatway, Calgary Herald'

Right, but there is the dark green truck from the aerial view and I thought that is what the poster was pointing out in her photo. This is the dark green truck that everyone thought originally was DG's right? Until discussions today?

Police were looking for a specific truck. They made an appeal to the public for information about that specific truck. That led police to the Garland acreage, where they found a truck matching the truck that they were trying to locate. There may be a green truck at the neighbour's property, but that has nothing to do with the truck that police were trying to find. They found the truck they were looking for, or at least one that looked very much like the truck they wanted. On that basis, Douglas Garland was taken in for questioning on July 4. The truck was towed from the property at the same time. That's all there is to it.

There is no green truck matching the description of the one in question on the Garland property ... not in the aerial shots from GIS maps, nor in the media photos.

It appears that, at this time, there is nothing to connect Garland to the missing persons except that his truck is similar to the 20-25 year old mint condition truck that was at the scene on the night of the abductions, his familial relationship with the victims, and his business relationship with the victims.

So does that mean that the mystery is solved ... that the green truck at the neighbour's property is not the green truck that is related to this disappearance?
So weird that 2 neighbors have such similar trucks. Funky green with pinstripe.

So the picture of the parked truck for sure came from fresh media photos (after another truck was taken) and not from Google earth or something?

I think DG is a red herring. Of course it's highly possible that LE could have evidence connecting him to the crime, but wouldn't they have charged him by now if that were the case?

My gut tells me there is someone else out there who is getting away with this :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 54701
View attachment 54702

I took a screen capture from the Global News feed of what they stated as DG green Truck and compared it to the truck Released on July 4

Twoo things stick out to me

1. The truck siezed from DG has what appears to be an extended trailer hitch where the July 4 picture does not
2. The July 4 truck looks like a single cab late 80 pick up, where DG truck looks more like a 90s style with what could be a extended cab type
3. the colour of the bumper in the July 4 pic is white, all beit hard to tellfor sure the bumper on DG truck is dark in colour.

this is just my opinion, I will see if i can enhance both images and determine through my own investigation of the vehicles through the pictures or if i can locate better pics to go by

These are two different trucks. First truck is a 4 door truck (one beside the storage building) and second truck is a 2 door truck. Absolutely certain of this.

So weird that 2 neighbors have such similar trucks. Funky green with pinstripe.

So the picture of the parked truck for sure came from fresh media photos (after another truck was taken) and not from Google earth or something?

The truck at the property next to the Garland acreage seems to be of no interest to police, so it probably is a completely different truck than what was seen near the crime scene.

I really find it hard to believe that LE are pulling this farm apart based on a truck going by the property a few times and caught on CCTV...they have obviously much more evidence that would point them to DG I think but nothing that would stick without finding the victims...I really think they would not have been able to get such an extensive search warrant for this many days if it were just based on a similar truck being seen in the area. They have to have much more than we know in MO

I really think they have at truck on video AT the Likness home parked and maybe even some footage of the victims leaving the house. I don't they they could get search warrants just based on a vehicle being in the area.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/c...k+Liknes+family+drug+past/10005813/story.html

RE: pic of DG covering face

Caption on picture says 'File photo 06/21/99: Medical school dropout and accused drug lab operator DG (white shirt and glasses) arrested several years ago for manufacturing drug, escaped police custody and was later apprehended by police in Vancouver after living several years under an alias.Photograph by: Shannon Oatway, Calgary Herald'

Interesting, date is almost 15 years to the day he was last in the news. I'm also struck by how slight in stature he seems.

I really think they have at truck on video AT the Likness home parked and maybe even some footage of the victims leaving the house. I don't they they could get search warrants just based on a vehicle being in the area.

If they have pics of the victims leaving the house, then why wouldn't they have arrested DG, *if* it's his green truck in the driveway which is showing as being registered to him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member