Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DG Truck.jpg
JULY 4 Relaesed Truck.jpg

I took a screen capture from the Global News feed of what they stated as DG green Truck and compared it to the truck Released on July 4

Twoo things stick out to me

1. The truck siezed from DG has what appears to be an extended trailer hitch where the July 4 picture does not
2. The July 4 truck looks like a single cab late 80 pick up, where DG truck looks more like a 90s style with what could be a extended cab type
3. the colour of the bumper in the July 4 pic is white, all beit hard to tellfor sure the bumper on DG truck is dark in colour.

this is just my opinion, I will see if i can enhance both images and determine through my own investigation of the vehicles through the pictures or if i can locate better pics to go by

If he does what would they charge him with? Trespassing? Failure to comply to an order?

"Bail" is the temporary release of an accused person awaiting trial, with conditions meant to guarantee their appearance in court." If a person can't meet or reneges on the conditions, it's back to the remand centre until the trial date eventually rolls around.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/bail

It's a bit sticky in this case because the charge, I guess, is identity theft. But there is no actual living victim - ergo no losses - and, in any case ID theft charges usually go nowhere which is why members of the public are constantly admonished to be careful with spreading their ID around. Where there IS occasionally some success is when the stolen ID is used to financially defraud the person whose ID has been stolen - ie, clean out the bank accounts, etc. Again that equals losses and the primary charge is fraud. Not the case here. If you ask me, there's nothing whatever to gain from keeping DG away from looking after his obvious obligations at the farm, IMO. Moreover, if he breaks his conditions, and being, well, somewhat weird, he very well might do so, at which point the public gets to foot the bill for who knows how long to keep a roof over him in the big house. Why don't they just put an ankle bracelet on him? Again the point is, his bail conditions are meant to insure he shows up for this "trial", not to preemptively punish him for being weird; not to be released as some kind of trick by LE; not to invite misguided revenge seekers from taking "justice into their own hands; and not to prevent parents from benefitting from the harvest this year because their weird son isn't allowed to come home. Settle down. Sorry to use the word "weird". Maybe "somewhat incomprehensible" would be more politically correct. Anyway, it's MO. MHO.

The front grill guard and back hitch make it even more likely that it is the same vehicle.

Look closely at the shaddow on the ground and tell me that both these vehicles have the same hitch, and as far as a bug deflector on the hood, thats a very common thing on trucks and mini vans here in ontario, im sure its the same in Alberta

Looking at those two pictures, doesn't the one caught on CCTV look like it has a longer bed?

they both look like short box ford pick up trucks to me, the rounded front fenders on the farm truck vs the july 4 truck show an age difference between the vehicles

My unscientific measuring comparing the bed to the cab shows the same proportions

View attachment 54701
View attachment 54702

I took a screen capture from the Global News feed of what they stated as DG green Truck and compared it to the truck Released on July 4

1. The truck siezed from DG has what appears to be an extended trailer hitch where the July 4 picture does not
2. The July 4 truck looks like a single cab late 80 pick up, where DG truck looks more like a 90s style with what could be a extended cab type
3. the colour of the bumper in the July 4 pic is white, all beit hard to tellfor sure the bumper on DG truck is dark in colour.

this is just my opinion, I will see if i can enhance both images and determine through my own investigation of the vehicles through the pictures or if i can locate better pics to go by

Based on the pics you posted, I agree. And the 'box' on the truck at the property looks a LOT shorter to me than the one of July 4.

Who knows. Maybe he is thinking of when the police are done with the search and have released the property. LE can't search forever.

Surely he won't have been privy to the searches - given the fact that he has been in custody? Presumably his lawyer will have given him some insights though?

View attachment 54701
View attachment 54702

I watched many videos and the truck parked in front of garage is in the neighbors yard. There is no paved driveway in front of any building at DG's. The building is to new. And in the top of the picture is a grey tarp, which you can see in the neighbors yard.

Hopefully, when LE took possession of the truck, they did a drive by AL's house with the truck at the same time of day catching it on the same video they got the green truck on that night. And then they can watch the vids and make sure they match up.

View attachment 54701
View attachment 54702

The truck in front of the outbuilding has no stripes on the side either. IMO definitely not the same vehicle,

The truck in front of the outbuilding has no stripes on the side either. IMO definitely not the same vehicle,

I was going to say that was my observation when I looked at both trucks overlapping in photoshop.

The fact that its day 12 and no arrest, coupled with the fact that neighbours reportedly didn't hear anything strange points to one thing IMO.....this was a PROFESSIONAL HIT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, the posting date appears to be just an internet artifact of some kind. A search for kflcommercialinvestsing.com shows that it has not been online for years and a WHOIS on the domain name confirms that it is presently unregistered and available.

Good sleuthing! What do you make of what I noticed on KL's FB? It shows her last activity was Jun 30/14 - (it shows her last activity on Jun 30/14 was that of becoming friends - with someone whom I think related to her in some way)...I know it could have been an outstanding request that she sent to that person that was accepted by them (to explain the date of the activity)...but it still makes me go ... hrmmm - without knowing the details. Other additions to KL's FB friends - during June (and May), also make me curious to know what the 'relationship' was with the others. In particular - there is one FB person that also became friends with another of KL's family, in June that seems oddly out of place - to me.

This, of course is just my curiosity and opinion. I think all angles are worth having a look - including recent social networking activities.

View attachment 54701
View attachment 54702

Are those sheep behind the outbuilding? Do the G family have sheep? If so, who is tending to them?

Valerie Fortney

@ValFortneyMust provide land line phone # to supervisor, if one is available. Must be home btwn 9 pm and 7 am each dayReplyRetweetFavorite ReplyPermalink1:37 PMDaryl Slade

@heraldcourtDouglas Garland to surrender passport. He says he doesn't have one. To reside at transitional housing - hotel, motel, Drop-In Centre, etc.
What a bunch of BS criminals in this country get such minimal sentences and this is just a damn joke. The guy who murdered my friend was in jail less than 5 years.

What a bunch of BS criminals in this country get such minimal sentences and this is just a damn joke. The guy who murdered my friend was in jail less than 5 years.

While I agree Canada needs harsher sentencing there is nothing BS about what they are doing for DG, if anything its a little harsh given the fact they have no proof of anything besides the identity theft, besides this is bail he hasn't even been sentenced so we don't know if its minimal or not.

While I agree Canada needs harsher sentencing there is nothing BS about what they are doing for DG, if anything its a little harsh given the fact they have no proof of anything besides the identity theft, besides this is bail he hasn't even been sentenced so we don't know if its minimal or not.
But really $750.00 that seems a little low to me...we are talking fake ID here but what the hell do I know I am just P****D right off.

But really $750.00 that seems a little low to me...we are talking fake ID here but what the hell do I know I am just P****D right off.

Ok, for bail on a man convicted of disappearing and stealing an identity I agree with you its really low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member