Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks, I don't know if anyone thought about it, but we don't know if the green pickup truck that was released in the picture was in motion or parked at the time of the video? It seems to me possible the somewhat unusually long length might be due to the fact it was moving with speed? (although, the wheels look round and not oval, so I may be wrong--however, the entire picture gives me a motion impression)

I think it would be very hard for LE to follow DG now, and I'm not sure they can monitor him via phone calls. Will he be allowed to have one of his vehicles? But if he had anything to do with this, he did it well. After all this time, I don't think they've found one thing to connect him to this disappearance. If they have, they are also good at keeping quiet.

I really find it hard to believe that LE are pulling this farm apart based on a truck going by the property a few times and caught on CCTV...they have obviously much more evidence that would point them to DG I think but nothing that would stick without finding the victims...I really think they would not have been able to get such an extensive search warrant for this many days if it were just based on a similar truck being seen in the area. They have to have much more than we know in MO

I haven't doubted that DG might be guilty of this crime or being an accomplice in it, however the two pictures of the trucks shown do not appear to be the same vehicle.

Since the bail hearing today, and the new sketch of DG surfaced showing him with darker hair (?) it seems like users have done an about face.
Now the consensus seems to be that he was set up. What has changed here?
Is there a sympathy element that makes us feel sorry for him having no place to go, no one is his corner? Is it that he is appearing more feeble because of his question to the judge, re: staying at the farm? I'm curious.

Speaking only for myself, I don't think it's 'sympathy' for DG. Over the past few days of reading here and learning about what appears to be a lot of questionable/?shady business dealings/shell companies that AL was involved in.......the L's neighbors previously reporting that the L's had told them very different stories about where they were moving to (Edmonton, Mexico, Northern Alberta)....the fact that the L's son JL seemed apprehensive and ?hesitant when asked at that first presser re: where his parents had planned to relocate to as they'd reportedly told neighbors both Edm and Mexico, and JL didn't seem real confident in answering and as their son you'd think he'd know very well.....plus their Kijiji Ad (one of the several) stating they were selling everything in the house as they were "moving out of country".........plus their Hx of personal bankruptcy for each of them (AL and KL) plus AL's recent Winter Petroleum company bankruptcy on Jun 29th.......plus new sleuthing last night showing the possibility of someone in the family owning at least one private plane........ah, it's just a combo of many things adding up.....and leading me to have this gut feeling that things were orchestrated in a calculated way such that DG would of course look like the likely perp, a perfect person to pin things on. It's just my own gut feeling.

Exactly! This was done by a pro, I fear. And if so, these three people will probably never be found :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay but what does a loan shark benefit from organizing a hit for unpaid debt? --- it's certainly not going to get them their money back.

Okay but what does a loan shark benefit from organizing a hit for unpaid debt? --- it's certainly not going to get them their money back.

The mob does it all the time. At that point it's not about getting money back. It's about respect. Maybe someone wanted to teach AL a lesson?

As it was still light out at 10pm on that Sunday evening, you would think that when JO left the home she'd have turned around to wave to NO, or been standing there on the step facing into the house to say her 'goodbyes' and that huge sign would have stuck out like a sore thumb to her and she'd have either removed it herself or told AL/KL to take it down. It's a pretty HUGE sign to miss/forget, IMO.

So strange.

Perhaps they used the side entrance as the regular way in to the house. I know lots of people who don't use the main front door.

If JO left through that door then maybe she said good bye there, or maybe the grandparents and NO walked out to the driveway with her and said goodbye there, and then went back in the side door.

The main front door was probably closed and light turned off if the sale was over. They probably just forgot about the sign on the screen door.

Folks, I don't know if anyone thought about it, but we don't know if the green pickup truck that was released in the picture was in motion or parked at the time of the video? It seems to me possible the somewhat unusually long length might be due to the fact it was moving with speed? (although, the wheels look round and not oval, so I may be wrong--however, the entire picture gives me a motion impression)

Security camera's of the type that took the truck picture tend to take pictures in a more "rounded" view, if that makes sense. 180 degree view. The images are subject to horizontal distortion.

DG may wish for the relative safety of a holding cell.

Sorry, I can not stand statements like this. This man has not been charged with a crime.

Someone harming him is no better than the people that took these three innocent people.

Sorry, I can not stand statements like this. This man has not been charged with a crime.

Someone harming him is no better than the people that took these three innocent people.

I agree! At this point, it looks like DG is a convenient target to pin this on. Yes, he has a questionable past (drug labs, identity theft etc), but that's a far cry from being a murderer.

Let's back off from pointing fingers at him until there is evidence to substantiate his guilt.

Was DG's parents at the release today for DG? Are they supportive of him? Would they not have offered him shelter wherever they are staying?

It was not a vigilante statement. It is quite possible that he will be in danger left to his own devices at one of Calgary's hostels or at a hotel/motel. There is a lot of heat on the man.

I am frustrated by the lack of evidence that DAYS of searching has pulled up and for that matter, lack of substance.

I am still frustrated by the lack of outcry from the family also. I feel like this search has a "where's waldo" feel to it, instead of what it is.

I do not believe this family will be found alive and I believe that the police know that. I just wish they would report it like it is and stop playing head games.

View attachment 54701
View attachment 54702

I took a screen capture from the Global News feed of what they stated as DG green Truck and compared it to the truck Released on July 4

Twoo things stick out to me

1. The truck siezed from DG has what appears to be an extended trailer hitch where the July 4 picture does not
2. The July 4 truck looks like a single cab late 80 pick up, where DG truck looks more like a 90s style with what could be a extended cab type
3. the colour of the bumper in the July 4 pic is white, all beit hard to tellfor sure the bumper on DG truck is dark in colour.

this is just my opinion, I will see if i can enhance both images and determine through my own investigation of the vehicles through the pictures or if i can locate better pics to go by
Thanks Watson.

I thought exactly the same things toy did when I compared the pictures. Wow. I need to spend a bit of time. I have a thought but not sure I should post it.

ETA - Hitch shank could have been added in AFTER June 30th. They pop in and out easily.

Does Garland have a trailer?

Does AL have a storage locker? Reason I inquire is where did the office supplies, fixtures and desks go when the business shut down a week or so before they went missing? I read on a WS thread link in a MSM news article that the landlord of the commercial building that AL was leasing for his most recent business that foreclosed Winter Petroleum I believe it was called said he cleared everything out and always paid on time. So where did the fixtures, desks and supplies go? Is there a storage unit somewhere in AL's name?

I am frustrated by the lack of evidence that DAYS of searching has pulled up and for that matter, lack of substance.

I am still frustrated by the lack of outcry from the family also. I feel like this search has a "where's waldo" feel to it, instead of what it is.

I do not believe this family will be found alive and I believe that the police know that. I just wish they would report it like it is and stop playing head games.

Unless I'm wrong, LE is not obligated to share all they uncover with the media/public. How do we know they have uncovered 'nothing'?
I think they are playing safe, and that all of their resources are invested in bringing this case home, rather than providing the feedback people expect.
Someone in an earlier post stated something like "it's frustrating to know we (WS) are ahead of LE in figuring it out".
I personally don't believe that for a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay