Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, as of yesterday, all doubt was removed that it was a missing person's investigation, and was now a murder investigation.

Can't say if the suspect is being cooperative.

I'm crying.. that poor mother. She had no idea knowing that something as innocent as dropping NO off at his grandparents would put him in the worst possible place at the worst possible time. As a mother of a five year old I can only imagine what's going through her mind given the circumstances. He wasn't supposed to be there!

RIP little NO. Sweet little man.

We are, putting a very complex case before the courts. We are not going to get into parts and pieces of information that will jeopardize the case before the courts down the road.

We are charging one person, later on this afternoon, at this point in time.

So heartbroken for this family.

They've had 900 tips, 200 officers working the case. Prosecutors believe they have a strong case.

There's 'no single smoking gun', but painstakingly collected evidence.

Will release arrested suspect's name (!) once he has been charged with the list of charges (still pending).

Not looking for any other suspects.

Evidence that was collected allowed us to arrest at 1:30 a.m. this morning

Motive will be presented in evidence at trial.

Was DG back on the Airdrie property when he wasn't supposed to be? It sounds like they arrested him at 1:30am on the property. Did I hear that right? Did he go back to hide evidence and was arrested??

Generally, can show pre-intent for 1st degree murder

2nd degree - pre-intent may not be there

1st degree on the grandparents
2nd degree on the child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics