Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I know the date. Here there are many people who light off their fireworks early because they can't handle having fireworks in their possession without blowing off a few.
100% agree. Canada Day has always been a party weekend, then the Calgary Stampede.

I keep trying to type something, but there just aren't any words, only feelings that I can't even really put into words.

Why anybody, why the grandparents, why Nathan? Why NATHAN ??

My heartfelt condolences, prayers and hugs to the families of Alvin, Kathryn, and sweet little Nathan

:rose::rose::rose:
Huggs SB...you (and a few others) put so much time and heart into these cases. The connections we form by caring and giving are real and today is a sad day for the families and those who continued to hope. Now we all hope for healing and eventually justice.

I don't believe that police could ask the hotel/motel to kick out DG in an attempt to follow him. This would be something along the lines of entrapment and not permissible.

CPS has been to careful to do something like this..ENTRAPMENT

So, back to the question ... if it wasn't blood what was it? What other fluid leaves 24 feet of drag marks and indicates that someone is deceased?

Also you guys have to remember Canada day was on the 1st, so I know there was TONS of people celebrating the day before with fireworks of their own (illegal but people still do it) so the possibility of fireworks being heard on that day is NOT unlikely.

Do we know for sure that the drag marks are even from a body?
Maybe there was evidence inside the house that indicated that someone was deceased.
JMO.

Also IMO if the hotel kicked him out upon police request my reasoning behind that was they didn't want to cause a commotion or there could have been kids at the hotel during that time they might have just been being safe not knowing how he was going to react.

I still do not see any news of the charges being laid. Through the thread(s) I believe the court appearance was early this afternoon. It's nearing 10 PM in Calgary - why no news of concrete charges being laid? :(

I heard the Amber alert the first day it came out... I have checked so many times per day to see if ("when!") they are found. So sad.

If there was enough blood and other body matter found in the home.. why would the police say in the first week that they are optimistic that they could find them alive?

So, back to the question ... if it wasn't blood what was it? What other fluid leaves 24 feet of drag marks and indicates that someone is deceased?
I've said it way early on - luggage, with someone who has bled out.

I didn't say there was no blood, I said blood didn't confirm death. You can bleed and not die. Also I'm no forensics expert or chemist but I would guess there is a chemical that could be used to clean blood that would render it useless for identification. The drag marks were from a dark fluid that were recently cleaned up.

Also you guys have to remember Canada day was on the 1st, so I know there was TONS of people celebrating the day before with fireworks of their own (illegal but people still do it) so the possibility of fireworks being heard on that day is NOT unlikely.

Exactly.
Just the other day, I was coming home from work, and there were a couple fireworks being set off.
I don't live in Calgary, so I know it wasn't Stampede related. But where I live, fireworks go off just because.

I still do not see any news of the charges being laid. Through the thread(s) I believe the court appearance was early this afternoon. It's nearing 10 PM in Calgary - why no news of concrete charges being laid? :(

I heard the Amber alert the first day it came out... I have checked so many times per day to see if ("when!") they are found. So sad.
Amber Alert has ceased. We may have to stay up late to know who was charged.

You realize that with brain matter there would also be a great deal of blood?

Meaning...the drag marks were from blood but the brain matter (if this is true) has nothing to do with the drag marks and was likely inside the home.
I find it very difficult to believe there could be brain matter without a significant amount of blood.
I have read though that blood (no mention of anything like brain matter) was found inside the home. While the streaks outside the home have not yet been confirmed to be blood or any other bodily fluid, to my understanding.

If there was enough blood and other body matter found in the home.. why would the police say in the first week that they are optimistic that they could find them alive?

What would you say if you were the police and were not certain of anything? You would say at least one person is in medical distress and we are hopeful just like they did.

The weather was warm and not rainy as well, as opposed to the poor Calgarians last year.

Also IMO if the hotel kicked him out upon police request my reasoning behind that was they didn't want to cause a commotion or there could have been kids at the hotel during that time they might have just been being safe not knowing how he was going to react.
I hate to post this, but I believe DG was set up.

I just don't think the LE would endanger hotel staff by requesting them to boot DG out. Also, maybe...just maybe DG called the police himself and turned himself in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70DaysofSilence