CANADA Canada- Amanda Antoni, 31, found dead in her basement, considered suspicious but ruled an accidental fall down stairs, Calgary, 26/10/15, *Netflix*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

The fact that police were unable to find evidence of another person in the house is not evidence that no one was there.

If true that the neighbour saw someone running behind the house, maybe he was in the house, but didn't touch anything. That would mean that someone deliberately attacked Amanda while she was talking to her husband on the phone.

Does anyone remember whether the husband reported anything unusual about the conversation before the phone disconnected? If it was a normal conversation, then it could have been a guest.

If there was a guest, with no digital connection, where would they have met? What do we know about Amanda (obituary).
This is totally far fetched but a possible explanation for a guest with no digital connection….

Could Amanda have started an affair with the ‘man of the house’ of one of the residences she cleaned? If so, was this a way to keep her quiet from saying anything? Was the plan to either to scare her or a turn of events that eliminated her (by accident or design)?

We don't know if no other DNA in the basement (where they thought attack happened initially) or the house as a whole, not sure they detailed that info.

Good point, maybe only AA was touched and no other objects. I still think possible she was easily grabbed by back of the neck or hair and smashed into the piggy bank or weapon (piggy bank could have been an after thought/superficial wound).

Did LE say it was the piggy bank wound that killed her or a laceration from unknown object and only the debris from piggy bank was embedded on her? Two different things there. She did have lots of bruises on her from stairs or a person or being slammed around possibly.

I don't recall the convo when on phone with hubby.
Police said that they have no evidence. I think that means no blood, prints, or hair other than Amanda. Police found drops of blood on top of smeared blood in the basement, expecting to identify an intruder's DNA, but it was Amanda's blood dripping onto a blood smeared floor.

She bled out from a head injury. The reason for the head injury appears to be the piggy bank because it was sheared off, embedded in her head, and fragments were left on stairs to the basement. I read that there were bruises, but I haven't seen an autopsy report.

This is totally far fetched but a possible explanation for a guest with no digital connection….

Could Amanda have started an affair with the ‘man of the house’ of one of the residences she cleaned? If so, was this a way to keep her quiet from saying anything? Was the plan to either to scare her or a turn of events that eliminated her (by accident or design)?
It's possible. Amanda had expressed frustration about her husband to her brothers because he could not hold a job. She was cleaning houses to pay bills.

There were no children. She had adopted 2 cats and 1 dog.

If she developed something at a house where she cleaned, why wouldn't she go there for a tryst? Why her house?

I don't see this as Amanda having an affair, but, if this was murder, more like she invited someone to the house expecting one thing and encountering another.

If she was talking on the phone, tripped over the dog, and fell straight down the stairs, the phone would not be in the dining room. I would expect it to be on the landing - propelled forward at the same time as her body.

The location of the phone and her body give the impression that there were two separate incidents. First, the phone was disconnected in the dining room, then she fell or was pushed down the stairs.

We don't know what was in the piggy bank.
I'm thinking about:
The cleaning bucket was put into the laundry basket, on top a towel or maybe two. Probably the photo of it was taken first by LE, then a photo was taken with bucket and basket separated.

I can imagine, Amanda didn't clean her floor without rubber gloves. When I would have finished the cleaning and after pouring out the water, I would have put the gloves over the edge of the bucket. Perhaps she did the same, Idk. I don't see gloves there.
My thought: maybe, the killer (IF there was one at all) put on Amanda's gloves (?) and so avoided fingerprints on objects (piggy bank?), he may have had touched after Amanda was lying injured by a forced fall at the bottom of the stairs.
Can it be, that a person after A's forced fall (gloves on) took the piggy bank (not damaged yet) down the stairs, stayed with their own feet on the stairs and hit the bank on A's temple with full power, then put the bank back to it's place on the wall projection? The stairs are carpeted, so maybe (clean) footprints weren't seen by LE.
IF it happened like that, it would explain, why A at the bottom of the stairs stood up, but fell on the floor again, then bleeding heavily: because she got the fatal blow only down there and not before. - I imagine, the killer killed, because he had A pushed down the stairs in a rage and feared, she would survive and would remember, who the attacker was.

IF someone indeed put on A's gloves, it must have been a person with similar hand size of course, with not much bigger size than her's.
Do we know, whether the neighbor saw rather a female person or a male person running away?

This is her obituary.

She adopted 2 cats and one dog.

"Amanda was sensitive to other people’s feelings and had a passion for justice and doing what she felt was right. Not content to just talking about making things better for those in need, she was known to fill up back-packs with necessities and hand them out to the homeless people she came across in Calgary."

So now I’m wondering if her Good Samaritan character put her on the radar of anyone nefarious eg person seen running away at the scene

Here's another irregularity, or is it typical of mortal brain injury? Amanda did not bleed out at the bottom of the stairs. She landed at the bottom of the stairs and then went to another corner of the basement to bleed out, even though she didn't like the basement.

There's blood on the wall at the bottom of the stairs. Her barefoot prints are at the bottom of the stairs facing the stairs, but she bled out in the corner on the other side of the room.

If she could walk from the stairs across the basement, bleed, stand up, leave drops of blood in smeared blood, walk back to the stairs, then back to the corner, lie down, body found ... why couldn't she walk up the stairs?

1724224128212.png

So now I’m wondering if her Good Samaritan character put her on the radar of anyone nefarious eg person seen running away at the scene
I'm curious about that possibility. She was kind, vegan, loved life, helped street people. Did she invite someone over - not fully understanding who that person was?

If the 'fancy panties' meant that she was straying, where was she in the 2-4 weeks before this happened? Who saw her often enough to be invited home without relying on texting?

What doesn't sit well with me is that the phone is in the dining room, 8-10 feet from the stairs, yet we should believe that she tripped over the dog, dropped her phone, and then catapulted herself across the room into the piggy bank ... horizontal planing ...

The animals could have moved the phone, but if Amanda fell or was pushed into the stairwell while she was on the phone, shouldn't the phone be in the stairwell?

1724225757130.png

Thank you, verrry important to know!
PS: I would have had migraines in this case too ....! Migraines, which are re Amanda used for some innocent excuses now.
PS II: Did A have a "nice" accident insurance? Do we know it by chance?
I doubt that there's any insurance, but she might have had an inheritance. My impression is that she was adopted into a faming family at the age of 2 months.

Amanda's funeral was in Crossfield/Carstairs, where she grew up. That suggests that the funeral was arranged by her family, not her husband of 6 year.

Who knew that Amanda had a migraine that weekend other than her husband? Who else knew that she was home alone. Sister in law knew, but she has been ruled out. Who else?

Thursday, October 22 - cleaned houses?
Friday, October 23 - husband drove to Saskatchewan ??
Friday, October 23 - migraine, errands, driving
Saturday, October 24 - migraine better, errands, driving, got home?
Saturday, October 24 - 7:06-7:10 P.M. disconnected phone call
Monday, October 26 - 4 P.M. body found

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz