CANADA Canada- Amanda Antoni, 31, found dead in her basement, considered suspicious but ruled an accidental fall down stairs, Calgary, 26/10/15, *Netflix*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't recall blood spatter on the basement walls, I do recall blood smears.

We know she was on the phone with her husband when something happened. The dog yelped, the phone was disconnected. The phone was found on the floor of the dining room. Stairs are roughly 9' away. Animals may have moved phone, but not necessarily. Animals were probably afraid of the smell of blood - not playing with phones.

If someone was in the house with her, either she was too stunned while on the phone to utter a word, or she knew that person was in the house.

There were questions about whether there were other footprints, and whether the blood was smeared to obscure that evidence.
Now I am questioning if a thorough job was done collecting DNA. Could they have missed it?

Maybe I’m crazy but I feel like tripping over the yellow bag would have pushed the piggy bank off the ledge. It’s almost like Lalacasbah mentioned, it seems she’s have to be going UP the stairs to hit and smash off the face of the piggy bank.

Do you have a picture of the dent? What’s the angle? If it’s straight back, then she would have to have fallen from the kitchen into the “hole,” to hit the bank at that angle, no?
The yellow bag is tipped, and it looks like sports equipment and a soccer ball. If she tripped over that bag, and right handed, she might have grabbed the railing, swung around, and hit her head into the ceramic lamb. Freak accident. Then she must have fallen backwards down the stairs to get all those head injuries.

I think we have to watch Netflix again to figure out where the dent is in relation to the ceramic lamb.

Attachments

• 1724479564468.png
    1724479564468.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Speaking of smearing to potentially cover evidence, doesn’t the smearing in the bottom right corner look very symmetrical and even?

It doesn’t look haphazard as if done by a person bleeding out in medical distress.

Attachments

• IMG_9219.jpeg
    IMG_9219.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 4
RSBM: A bit off topic of your post sorry, but you have the pic I was looking for here :D

That pic with the base of the stairs and black thing in the corner, does it not look like spatter between base of stairs and that black thing? Someone could have stayed on that bottom step, hunched over to administer head wounds with an object if she was laying there on the ground. IIRC that's the only really 'spatter' I noticed from the pics/footage in that spot.
If there is blood spatter anywhere after the last step, then it suggests that she was hit with something.

Like Mike Peterson and his Staircase.

Nothing else fell down the stairs.
We almost need an animation showing how this is possible. Someone upthread suggested that it might have happened while she was walking upstairs. I can see how that might happen, but then she has to tumble backwards after ramming her head into the ceramic lamb to get the injuries on the back of her head. The force needed? Slipped on the step?

Where is the dent in the wall behind the ceramic lamb? Does it tell us whether she hit it from above, or while walking up the stairs?

View attachment 526545
I guess that's where a defense lawyer would come in if ever anyone charged, to present an animation showing the acrobatics and crazy physics to get all those injuries from a fall down 9 stairs!

Speaking of smearing to potentially cover evidence, doesn’t the smearing in the bottom right corner look very symmetrical and even?

It doesn’t look haphazard as if done by a person bleeding out in medical distress.
Yes I see what you mean with a possible slight repetitive type pattern.

That's what police thought. They found drops of blood on top of smeared blood, hoping that it would lead to a second suspect. Instead, it told investigators that Amanda stood up after the blood was smeared. She bled onto the floor. That must have been when she walked to the stairs, but did not go up the stairs.

I wonder whether there is blood on the hand rail - did she hold the railing to go upstairs, or not?

I guess that's where a defense lawyer would come in if ever anyone charged, to present an animation showing the acrobatics and crazy physics to get all those injuries from a fall down 9 stairs!
It's very difficult to visualize how she could have gone from being on the phone in the dining room to going head first into the ceramic lamb.

It's very difficult to visualize how she could have gone from being on the phone in the dining room to going head first into the ceramic lamb.
Not if the assailant knocked the phone out of AA’s hand (hence the far distance from the stairs) and AA ran to the basement out of panic.

Not if the assailant knocked the phone out of AA’s hand (hence the far distance from the stairs) and AA ran to the basement out of panic.
It's much easier to envision what happened if we add another person to the scenario. Tipped off her chair, knocked her over, she dropped her phone, it was disabled, and she is catapulted into the stairwell, or taken to the stairwell landing and injured with the ceramic lamb.

AA tries to go back UP the stairs, culprit does a forehead/head smash on the piggy bank to daze her from behind AA while AA is trying to get UP stairs, pushes AA down stairs where she lands at base of stairs.
I try to understand your scenario. :) Still not successful at this. My problem. - How does the perp get behind AA on the stairs? She returns and is going up the stairs and he is behind her, but how did he get there, when he before was above her on the landing and she was running down the stairs?

Last edited:
If murder, it does seem deliberate ... from something happening while she was on the phone with her husband, to the phone being 9 feet from the top of the stairs, and the only thing she hit on the landing was the lamb piggy bank ... with her face. From the landing, there is evidence down the stairs and in a nearby corner of the basement that could be accident or murder.

Without knowing what type of pants she was wearing (e.g.: jeans, sweats), hard to say why they were down - since the theory for back of head injuries seems to be that she bounced down the stairs on her head.

I don't think the "fancy panties" should be set aside as 'red herring'. After 6 years of marriage, her husband knew that the underwear she was wearing when she died was "fancy" and not something he was used to. It stood out because it was so unusual.

Did she have a migraine on Friday, or was she driving around running errands? Both can't be true.

Amanda was kind to people less fortunate, per her obituary. She could have befriended someone with the belief that she was safe with that person. Instead, while she was on the phone with her husband - giving no indication that anything was wrong, something happened that left her bleeding out on the basement floor.

I just realized that the bottom photo is of the lamb intact, pre-incident.

View attachment 526542
I don't think, the lamb is seen intact, neither on the first pic nor on the second pic. The lamb is broken on both pics, only the perspective has changed. IMO
ETA: I think, LE did take 2 photos: One is the original, when they first saw the scene: cleaning bucket in laundry basket and towel on top. The next and second pic shows the separated bucket/basket for investigation details to be saved. IMO
It is impossible to have a pic with an UNbroken piggy bank/lamb, which shows the laundry basket as it is. Who should have taken a photo before the crime?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back