GUILTY Canada - Amber Kirwan, 19, New Glasgow, NS, 9 Oct 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, and if I remember correctly went to play pool as if nothing ever happened.
Yep, that's how I remember it.

And, he used Mr. LeBlanc's car--with a recently murdered Mr. LeBlanc in the trunk--to go to his girlfriend's and play pool. iirc

I thought the Crown provided quite a good motive--which they obtained from a text sent by Falconer to his good buddy, Fred: "my adventure."

Like the prosecutor said--an adventure to him, a mere lark; but to Amber's parent's it was their worst nightmare.

And to Amber? What would it have been? More horrific than any 19 year old can begin to imagine. How that child suffered. :(

But it was Falconer's adventure--after which he enjoyed some formerly misplaced 'smoke.'

Although he apparently had come prepared with his 'pipe.'

Yep I agree. Crown laid it all out. Falconer makes it sound like "what I did on my summer vacation" :banghead: I pray he experiences a few "adventures" in Prison :please: And suffer she did. Her luved ones left to suffer all of their remaining days.

I'm happy to see a verdict wasn't reached today. As much as I hate the wait. No rush to judgement. By all appearances Falconer received a fair trial which he and every one of us are entitled to. Jurors should go thru the evidence methodically. Despite my opinion being he is guilty as he** LOL.
I agree. I'm a little bit concerned--I was hoping for a quick verdict.

BBM - Yes, I agree with that.

I hope the jury has left all the rumours they have heard--prior to trial--outside the jury room; that's my biggest worry.

That and that they will forget the importance of common sense and begin to look for the smoking guy; which, of course, they are not going to find it.

Speaking to my mindset. If I was a Juror and went into deliberations feeling what I had heard led to guilt I would still want to go thru all the testimony. I wouldn't ever want to look back.

I hate the fact that Falconer stated (jailhouse call) that prison was "home" and comfortable to him. Words to that effect. Wish we had another choice. The one that comes to mind I cant post :floorlaugh:
Well, he didn't seem to want to go back home so much when he went back into his father's garage to retrieve the evidence of his muscle shirt with Amber's blood all over it.

When he was contemplating suicide, or debating about trying to outrun the law he didn't seem to be too interested in going back home.

I'm sure he recognized the routine of it; but that won't last long. :D

Speaking to my mindset. If I was a Juror and went into deliberations feeling what I had heard led to guilt I would still want to go thru all the testimony. I wouldn't ever want to look back.
Good point. I wouldn't mind taking the time to look over everything, a time or two.

Well, he didn't seem to want to go back home so much when he went back into his father's garage to retrieve the evidence of his muscle shirt with Amber's blood all over it.

When he was contemplating suicide, or debating about trying to outrun the law he didn't seem to be too interested in going back home.

I'm sure he recognized the routine of it; but that won't last long. :D

LOL Yep he sure was in no "hurry" to go "home" was he. I hope he hates every single minute and he lives in terror of "Big Bubba" for the rest of his miserable life. It wont even compare to the terror poor Amber felt and suffered.

The Pictou Advocate article doesn't seem to be ready yet; but both links below have a video.

I'll post the Advocate write-up as soon as I come across it; if no-one beats me to it.
-----

Global News | VIDEO Incl. | Amber Kirwan murder: Jury in Chris Falconer trial begins deliberations
By Staff The Canadian Press
January 27, 20141:45 pm

PICTOU, N.S. – The judge presiding over the Amber Kirwan murder trial in Nova Scotia has told the jury not to let prejudice, sympathy or fear sway their judgment in assessing Christopher Alexander Falconer’s guilt or innocence.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1108824/live-blog-jurors-prepare-to-make-verdict-in-falconer-trial/

CTV News | VIDEO Incl. | Don't let prejudice, fear sway you, judge tells jury at Kirwan murder trial
Melanie Patten, THE CANADIAN PRESS
Published Monday, January 27, 2014 9:54AM AST
Last Updated Monday, January 27, 2014 7:27PM AST

PICTOU, N.S. -- The jury at the Amber Kirwan murder trial began deliberations Monday after the judge presiding over the case told them not to allow public opinion to influence their discussions as they determine Christopher Alexander Falconer's legal fate.

http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/don-t-le...e-tells-jury-at-kirwan-murder-trial-1.1657418

Good day all :seeya: Hope today is the day :please:

Morning, Bravo; and everyone!
901258385aa591b73bcb7fadcdb8104d559b31e.gif

-----

Natasha Pace‏@NatashaPace1 min

Judge instructs jury to get back to deliberations. They have now left room to begin just that.

https://twitter.com/NatashaPace

Morning, Bravo; and everyone!
901258385aa591b73bcb7fadcdb8104d559b31e.gif

-----

Natasha Pace‏@NatashaPace1 min

Judge instructs jury to get back to deliberations. They have now left room to begin just that.

https://twitter.com/NatashaPace

:seeya: Hope it's warmer where u are. It's a balmy -35 here with the wind chill :scared: I'll be gone for about 3 hours today but certainly will be checking in before and after.

:seeya: Hope it's warmer where u are. It's a balmy -35 here with the wind chill :scared: I'll be gone for about 3 hours today but certainly will be checking in before and after.
Not by much, we're at -24 C, with the wind chill.

I'm on the edge of my seat today. Today, I'll be surprised if we don't get a verdict; and by tomorrow I'll be too depressed to move--because I think I'll know what that will mean.

Not by much, we're at -24 C, with the wind chill.

I'm on the edge of my seat today. Today, I'll be surprised if we don't get a verdict; and by tomorrow I'll be too depressed to move--because I think I'll know what that will mean.

Stay warm and toasty. I hear ya. I pray today is the day :please: I wish I had thought ahead but I booked 3 hours of spa services later this morning. Like I am going to be able to relax and enjoy if no verdict before I leave :banghead:

Stay warm and toasty. I hear ya. I pray today is the day :please: I wish I had thought ahead but I booked 3 hours of spa services later this morning. Like I am going to be able to relax and enjoy if no verdict before I leave :banghead:
Ohhh, lucky you! :)

Just enjoy every wonderful moment of your treat!

I have a feeling you might make it back in time.

Ohhh, lucky you! :)

Just enjoy every wonderful moment of your treat!

I have a feeling you might make it back in time.

Thanks so much. I hope it's Guilty sometime today. The wait for luved ones must be horrid.

I do like that the Jurors have notes and access to evidence when deliberating. Very helpful in clearing up any discrepancies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000
Back