GUILTY Canada - Amber Kirwan, 19, New Glasgow, NS, 9 Oct 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am confident when Falconers 25 years plus is up Ambers Family will be there to remind the board of what happened when he was released on the first murder. I truly believe he will die in prison whether natural or otherwise LOL. I wonder if we will see further articles of what we don't know.

I am confident when Falconers 25 years plus is up Ambers Family will be there to remind the board of what happened when he was released on the first murder. I truly believe he will die in prison whether natural or otherwise LOL. I wonder if we will see further articles of what we don't know.
Yes, and Amber has a younger brother, too.

I have to say that they had no business letting him out in the first place. He strangled that taxi driver with a coat hanger wire and his bare hands.

That man was only in his early fifties. He had a wife and children, grand children, too; iirc.

I bet they showed up for the parole hearings.

Sorry to be a little bit negative; but, just sayin.'

I'm sure now that Falconer is older, and has committed a second offense--just as bad, if not worse, than his first one--they will watch things more closely.

Let's pray.

"The decision they made can't come as a complete surprise to anybody" says Mike Taylor, Falconer's defence attorney, after verdict announced
By Natasha Pace via twitter3:07 pm

I thought this was a very interesting comment for his lawyer to make!

"The decision they made can't come as a complete surprise to anybody" says Mike Taylor, Falconer's defence attorney, after verdict announced

Good point and :Welcome1:

Thanks for the welcome Bravo. I discovered this site while participating in a FB group during CFs trial. I have been reading a new case each night. My friend was brutally murdered around the same age as Amber so this case really made me sad. I also live in the next County over from Pictou so it close to home.

I wish I would have found this page sooner as I wanted to discuss the case with other like minded and mature people. The FB page was full of arguing and rumors which frustrated me.

So happy there is justice for the Kirwan's, Mason and everyone else. I hope this helps them to move forward in their grief process.

From his closing, I got the feeling that he knew it was going to be guilty. Maybe he believes it is the right verdict. :seeya:

In the video at the link below, Amber's mum takes a brief minute to say she is "very" pleased with the verdict.

If you scroll down through the write-up, they have some good shots and a short Vine video of Falconer leaving after his sentencing.

He appears to have a bizarre smile on his face as he swaggers out to get in the van.

Even if it is because he enjoys going "home," it is good to know that even he recognizes where he belongs.
-----

Global News | VIDEO Incl. | Guilty verdict in Amber Kirwan murder

By Nick Logan and Natasha Pace

PICTOU, N.S. – Amber Kirwan‘s mother was in tears as a jury found Christopher Alexander Falconer guilty of the first-degree murder of her daughter.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1111510/live-blog-jury-decides-christopher-falconers-fate/

Bolded by me - Yep, so did I.

He finished that off by saying:

At about 2:00 minutes in:
The evidence was there, and I can see them reaching the conclusion they reached.

I hope all those who hung on defence attorney, Mike Taylor's, every word during the trial; now realize that a defence attorney has a job to do.

Nothing more--he is going to spin it for his client every time.

From his closing, I got the feeling that he knew it was going to be guilty. Maybe he believes it is the right verdict. :seeya:
Exactly. If it had not been for his father's urgings, I believe he would have pleaded guilty.

Thanks for the welcome Bravo. I discovered this site while participating in a FB group during CFs trial. I have been reading a new case each night. My friend was brutally murdered around the same age as Amber so this case really made me sad. I also live in the next County over from Pictou so it close to home.

I wish I would have found this page sooner as I wanted to discuss the case with other like minded and mature people. The FB page was full of arguing and rumors which frustrated me.

So happy there is justice for the Kirwan's, Mason and everyone else. I hope this helps them to move forward in their grief process.
For me, this was about justice for Amber.

Concerning her live-in; I suspect he still has his own demons to chase, and perhaps rightfully so.
-----

New Glasgow News | Trenton man charged with threatening woman, possessing weapon
Published on September 10, 2012

PICTOU – A 21 year-old Trenton man appeared in Pictou Provincial Court Monday charged with threatening bodily harm against a woman and possession of a weapon dangerous to the public peace.

http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/201...with-threatening-woman%2C-possessing-weapon/1

What kind of father does a killer like this have? If it was my kid, I'd want to make sure he stayed in jail forever.
I think there are a lot of parents who can't see what their children are capable of.

One of the things I remember from the tweets and/or write ups concerning the jail call that was played between Falconer and his father, was that his father asked him where he had spent the night. Falconer's father stated something close to--you must have stayed somewhere?

Falconer didn't answer him.

That stuck in my mind, as I found it very telling.

Mr. and Mrs. Falconer both seemed very angry when they left the court room yesterday. I hope they can calm down and accept the outcome.

I'm actually hoping Falconer will be transferred to the penitentiary in Renous, NB.

He might not find that so much like home. He is not a kid this time.

It's a little further drive for his parents and friends, too.

Pretty sure he is going into protective custody wherever he ends ups!

I couldn't agree more, TruthPrevails. Part of my post got deleted somehow. It should have said "So happy there is justice for Amber. I hope this provides some closure for the Kirwan's, Mason and..."

I hope Mason is able to move forward in a positive way. I have ignored all the gossip related to the case but understand that many still think he was involved or that he did it. The matter was settled with a peace bond. I hope he makes smarter decisions now.

At this link, you can find all the videos and write-ups done by Global News on Amber case, from the beginning of the trial until it's completion.

I thought it might be handy for reference, depending on how long they allow the link to stay up.
-----

Global News | Amber Kirwan trial

http://globalnews.ca/tag/amber-kirwan-trial/

The video included at this link is for a portion of the media scrum after Falconer was found guilty of 1st degree murder.

It shows 2.43 minutes of it. Parts of it are hard to make out, but the parts that can be heard are interesting.

Personally, I feel the article was written to appeal to the Facebook conspiracy theorists; however, the scrum speaks for itself.
-----

The Chronicle Herald | VIDEO Incl. | Christopher Falconer convicted of murdering Amber Kirwan

AARON BESWICK Truro Bureau
Published January 28, 2014 - 11:45am
Last Updated January 29, 2014 - 2:10pm

PICTOU — Guilty.

That’s what the jury determined Tuesday in the trial of Christopher Alexander Falconer, who was charged with first-degree murder in the 2011 death of Amber Kirwan.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/novasc...amber-kirwan?from=most_read&most_read=1182645

I couldn't agree more, TruthPrevails. Part of my post got deleted somehow. It should have said "So happy there is justice for Amber. I hope this provides some closure for the Kirwan's, Mason and..."

I hope Mason is able to move forward in a positive way. I have ignored all the gossip related to the case but understand that many still think he was involved or that he did it. The matter was settled with a peace bond. I hope he makes smarter decisions now.
Regarding the bold by me: It does not appear to me that I deleted any of your comment when I quoted it.

Here is your original comment:

Here is my response to your comment; your original comment seems to be there word for word:

Concerning her live-in; I suspect he still has his own demons to chase, and perhaps rightfully so.
-----

New Glasgow News | Trenton man charged with threatening woman, possessing weapon
Published on September 10, 2012

PICTOU – A 21 year-old Trenton man appeared in Pictou Provincial Court Monday charged with threatening bodily harm against a woman and possession of a weapon dangerous to the public peace.

http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/201...with-threatening-woman%2C-possessing-weapon/1

Here it is linked, if you prefer to check in this manner.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - GUILTY-Canada - Amber Kirwan, 19, New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, 9 Nov 2011 - #2

The snap back arrows contained within the quoted comments, are also a convenient way to check on the content of the original comment. Just click on them.

Regarding the matter that Campbell said was settled with a peace bond; yes, I read the tweets stating he said that during the trial. It's still worth noting, imo. In September of 2012, there was a CBC write up which now seems to have been scrubbed from the Internet.

It contained more details.

It said he made the spear himself, iirc. That shows quite a bit of intent, imo.

I read a lot of the 'gossip' in the month that Amber was missing; and in the months after. At the start of the trial, I was not so sure they had the right person; but I followed the trial as best I could--not the gossip.

I am sure now. The Crown had much more evidence against Falconer than I expected.

I will never be a cheerleader for Amber's boyfriend, though.

Glad u are here. So very sorry you lost a dear friend so brutally.

Regarding the bold by me: It does not appear to me that I deleted any of your comment when I quoted it.

Here is your original comment:

Here is my response to your comment; your original comment seems to be there word for word:

Here it is linked, if you prefer to check in this manner.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - GUILTY-Canada - Amber Kirwan, 19, New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, 9 Nov 2011 - #2

The snap back arrows contained within the quoted comments, are also a convenient way to check on the content of the original comment. Just click on them.

Regarding the matter that Campbell said was settled with a peace bond; yes, I read the tweets stating he said that during the trial. It's still worth noting, imo. In September of 2012, there was a CBC write up which now seems to have been scrubbed from the Internet.

It contained more details.

It said he made the spear himself, iirc. That shows quite a bit of intent, imo.

I read a lot of the 'gossip' in the month that Amber was missing; and in the months after. At the start of the trial, I was not so sure they had the right person; but I followed the trial as best I could--not the gossip.

I am sure now. The Crown had much more evidence against Falconer than I expected.

I will never be a cheerleader for Amber's boyfriend, though.

Sorry Truth, I wasnt accusing you of truncating my post. I meant that somehow as I was typing my post, I deleted part of it. My computer crashed so I am forced to use my phone with my big thumbs! :doh:

And I agree with you about Mason. I do not condone what he did at all. I remember the article you are referring to. I hate it when stuff on the web disappears! Mason was on my radar from the get go but I now think they got the right guy.

I actually tried to stay away from the trial as I was worried it would set me back. I was quite confident he would be found guilty but started to get anxious on Mon. In the end it was all good. Actually it was great. I got a call with a job offer only a few minutes after the sentencing! I have been off work for a year so it is a relief.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back