Found Safe Canada - Amy Anonby, 22, Driving a Yellow Beetle, South-Central B.C., 25 Aug 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
amy_anonby.jpg

VANCOUVER—A 22-year-old driving a yellow Volkswagen Beetle has been reported missing in South-Central B.C.

A day after she was last seen, RCMP are asking the public for help in finding her.

Amy Anonby was last seen on Sunday near Vernon, around lunch time, according to RCMP. She was headed for the Mahood Lake area, which is about a 2.5-hour drive north of Vernon, but has yet to arrive.

Anonby was reported missing on the same day around 9 p.m. Police and a search-and-rescue team began looking for her.

“They did search yesterday; unfortunately had no luck in locating her,” said B.C. RCMP’s Cpl. Madonna Saunderson.

Anonby is described as Caucasian, five feet four inches tall and 130 pounds with blue eyes and long blond hair. Her vehicle’s licence plate is FL2 87V.

Young woman driving yellow Beetle reported missing in South Central B.C. | The Star

938FDD56-1A8B-4712-B2F0-1AF3A3E05E46.jpeg 938FDD56-1A8B-4712-B2F0-1AF3A3E05E46.jpeg 7D0A803A-F251-4CCB-8DFD-391F8D726E59.jpeg RCMP seeking help in finding missing woman in 100 Mile House area

Amy was last seen leaving Vernon yesterday. She was headed to a cabin near 100 Mile House where she planned to meet up with friends. She did not arrive. Her cell phone was last pinged near Clearwater, BC.

RCMP and SAR began searching last night, with additional air assets being brought in this morning.

If you are on Twitter, please head on over. The story is being shared on Global News. All shares and retweets appreciated.

Mods - I can be verified as a local if necessary. Additional photos too follow.

Lots of places to get lost or have an accident and be hidden in between those two spots.

Can you even drive between those spots? Google won't give you potential routes.

I'm thinking car trouble or accident is first on the list for possibilities. I used to drive a 2004 VW Beetle and had numerous issues with it, some more serious than others. They have a bit of a reputation for some specific problems. If the route she traveled is known though, I'd hope they'd find her along there somewhere. Any mention of cell phone or cell phone service in the area?

List of known VW Beetle issues from 2000 model.
2000 Volkswagen Beetle Problems and Complaints - 15 Issues

I'm thinking car trouble or accident is first on the list for possibilities. I used to drive a 2004 VW Beetle and had numerous issues with it, some more serious than others. They have a bit of a reputation for some specific problems. If the route she traveled is known though, I'd hope they'd find her along there somewhere. Any mention of cell phone or cell phone service in the area?

List of known VW Beetle issues from 2000 model.
2000 Volkswagen Beetle Problems and Complaints - 15 Issues
Cell last pinged in Clearwater yesterday (per RCMP.)

So a possible route might be the Canim Fire Service Road ?
Trip Advisor is not permitted as a source here (as I recall), but one description of the route from Clearwater to Mahood Lake area does supports your statement of backroads logging map book needed, calling it a maze to travel, and all gravel. I think at least we can use it to describe the possible routes. I can understand why she may have become lost.

Has Amy been there before so she would know the way? Or would she know and be in possession of the kind of maps needed to find her way?

She’s the daughter of a friend of a friend. I’ll be watching closely. Her mom posted something briefly last night on FB that gives a little more info about her route.

We have known the Larson/Anonby’s for many years. Amy’s Grandma and my mother were first time parents together. Amy is her parents only child.

Lots of places to get lost or have an accident and be hidden in between those two spots.

Can you even drive between those spots? Google won't give you potential routes.

Did Amy assume there was a direct route from Clearwater to 100 Mile House.
Has Amy ever driven this route before and if so what road did she take to get to 100 Mile House.

if you go on to route 24 ( it’s called on google maps) in little fort, pass thru bridge lake and sheridan lake, it says it continues thru to 100 mike house. i’ve never taken this road before, just drove past the turnoff ( which i know says bridge lake but i can’t recall if it says 100 mile house as well)

i know these lakes are cottage country so they should be well populated. i’m wondering if she didn’t go further north to clearwater and perhaps it was just the closest tower in a vast area. i know cell service is very patchy north of barriere. i’m hopeful she stuck to the main path and is found soon !!

eta: i just “google-drove” up the highway and the turn off just says bridge lake and route 24. so maybe no service and got confused and kept going ?

Last edited:
if you go on to route 24 ( it’s called on google maps) in little fort, pass thru bridge lake and sheridan lake, it says it continues thru to 100 mike house. i’ve never taken this road before, just drove past the turnoff ( which i know says bridge lake but i can’t recall if it says 100 mile house as well)

i know these lakes are cottage country so they should be well populated. i’m wondering if she didn’t go further north to clearwater and perhaps it was just the closest tower in a vast area. i know cell service is very patchy north of barriere. i’m hopeful she stuck to the main path and is found soon !!
One advantage, hopefully, is that bright yellow Beetle. I'd think it would be easier to spot than some neutral colored vehicle. JMO

She’s the daughter of a friend of a friend. I’ll be watching closely. Her mom posted something briefly last night on FB that gives a little more info about her route.
OH? was there intended stops and check ins?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back