Canada - Anthony Raine, 17 mos, found dead, Edmonton, April 2017 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why would it show anything on the mother's police record even *after* Anthony's death, considering she has not been charged with anything? (Unless I missed something, as I haven't been checking in everyday on this case in the past few days?)

Quite right. Without a conviction, nothing would show on her criminal record check.
Screening should be done at the point of admission to education programs in care professions, and should include written statements of interest, and thorough interviews. With Canada's increasing aging and vulnerable populations, better checks need to be in place to screen those who will provide care. Even though the mother of the murdered child has not been charged and will not likely be charged, I think there are big red flags about the quality of care that the mother is capable of providing to the vulnerable population.

Quite right. Without a conviction, nothing would show on her criminal record check.
Screening should be done at the point of admission to education programs in care professions, and should include written statements of interest, and thorough interviews. With Canada's increasing aging and vulnerable populations, better checks need to be in place to screen those who will provide care. Even though the mother of the murdered child has not been charged and will not likely be charged, I think there are big red flags about the quality of care that the mother is capable of providing to the vulnerable population.
What makes you think mom has anything to do with the abuse?

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

What makes you think mom has anything to do with the abuse?

I've written a few comments about the reasoning ... basically that the child was in the father's care for only the 5-6 weeks prior to the murder, but the child experience a life of violence. <modsnip>

ppl react to things differently.

you may be right. but you may not. she hasn't been charged and for the purpose of this forum is a victim.

I've written a few comments about the reasoning ... basically that the child was in the father's care for only the 5

I thought the reports said "a history" of abuse was evident, not "a lifetime." That's a fine line, but a world of difference, especially when one's accusing a person of child abuse! I'm definitely not ready to throw mom under the bus at this point as if there's been evidence or statements released pointing at her, I've missed it. Which is totally possible.

So... When my baby was hurt so badly by his biological father, I got to experience the joy that is having your grief observed and analysed. Basically, if I was crying, some folks were quick to state that I was "hysterical and out of control and/or crying for the wrong reasons" and they concluded all that made me guilty. If I was not crying, then I was deemed "cold and uncaring" and they concluded all that made me guilty.

So kinda effed either way. There's no "right way" to act in horrific circumstances... There's "typical" and "atypical," but I'm quite certain no grieving person has ever been totally "consistent" in mood and affect. Are non grieving people totally consistent in mood and affect...like at all times?

I don't think I would have survived being on camera during my grieving... I am eternally grateful my child's "case" occurred prior to the internet as we know it. I was completely innocent of wrongdoing, and was confident the investigation would reflect that, which it did, but I was also in my early 20s, and hadn't yet learned how best to ignore things best ignored (like gossip).

Anyway, this isn't about me, but I feel for this mama and don't yet have any reason to suspect her of any wrongdoing here. I reserve the right to change my mind, though.

(hi Otto BTW!! :) :) )

ppl react to things differently.

you may be right. but you may not. she hasn't been charged and for the purpose of this forum is a victim.

She hasn't been charged and she probably won't be simply because the child died while in the care of the father and his girlfriend, and they had been looking after the child who has suffered a life of violence when that violence ended the child's life.

I thought the reports said "a history" of abuse was evident, not "a lifetime." That's a fine line, but a world of difference, especially when one's accusing a person of child abuse! I'm definitely not ready to throw mom under the bus at this point as if there's been evidence or statements released pointing at her, I've missed it. Which is totally possible.

So... When my baby was hurt so badly by his biological father, I got to experience the joy that is having your grief observed and analysed. Basically, if I was crying, some folks were quick to state that I was "hysterical and out of control and/or crying for the wrong reasons" and they concluded all that made me guilty. If I was not crying, then I was deemed "cold and uncaring" and they concluded all that made me guilty.

So kinda effed either way. There's no "right way" to act in horrific circumstances... There's "typical" and "atypical," but I'm quite certain no grieving person has ever been totally "consistent" in mood and affect. Are non grieving people totally consistent in mood and affect...like at all times?

I don't think I would have survived being on camera during my grieving... I am eternally grateful my child's "case" occurred prior to the internet as we know it. I was completely innocent of wrongdoing, and was confident the investigation would reflect that, which it did, but I was also in my early 20s, and hadn't yet learned how best to ignore things best ignored (like gossip).

Anyway, this isn't about me, but I feel for this mama and don't yet have any reason to suspect her of any wrongdoing here. I reserve the right to change my mind, though.

(hi Otto BTW!! :) :) )

It has never been said that this was a well loved, well cared for child who only experienced violence in the care of his father, but it has been said that he was living a terrible life.

"He was living a terrible life, full of violence, and one that is incredibly sad, and that you don't even want to speak about," Hunter said Monday. "Bruises all over his body, and I'll leave it at that."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...rom-head-trauma-edmonton-police-say-1.4082873

(hi Flourish ... it's been a long time since the Alaska story!)

She hasn't been charged and she probably won't be simply because the child died while in the care of the father and his girlfriend, and they had been looking after the child who has suffered a life of violence when that violence ended the child's life.

You have interpreted that line from the press conference that way since it was released. There has been no information given that the mother was violent towards her son. Until something comes out in the press, I would expect that you keep this type of opinion to yourself since it is very negative towards the mother. You can't tell what someone is feeling from an image either. Nor can you tell how well someone can care for someone as a nurse based on what happened to her son. JMO

It has never been said that this was a well loved, well cared for child who only experienced violence in the care of his father, but it has been said that he was living a terrible life.

"He was living a terrible life, full of violence, and one that is incredibly sad, and that you don't even want to speak about," Hunter said Monday. "Bruises all over his body, and I'll leave it at that."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...rom-head-trauma-edmonton-police-say-1.4082873

Other than Casey Anthony, I've never seen a mother who didn't shed a tear when discussing a murdered child.

You have interpreted that line from the press conference that way since it was released. There has been no information given that the mother was violent towards her son. Until something comes out in the press, I would expect that you keep this type of opinion to yourself since it is very negative towards the mother. You can't tell what someone is feeling from an image either. Nor can you tell how well someone can care for someone as a nurse based on what happened to her son. JMO

Quite true. I read the news articles, watched the news interviews, and formed an opinion. I'm not going to change it.

O/T question: Where is SillyBilly? SB would be all over this thread. JMO

I'm not sure of the context used. I took it to mean the child had currently been suffering a rough life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other than Casey Anthony, I've never seen a mother who didn't shed a tear when discussing a murdered child.

Although my child was not murdered, I had a child die suddenly and unexpectedly, and I didn't really break down and cry until a week had passed. I was just numb with shock.

Although my child was not murdered, I had a child die suddenly and unexpectedly, and I didn't really break down and cry until a week had passed. I was just numb with shock.

Very sorry for your terrible loss Jennifer17, that must have been unbearable, feeling numb may be a form of self-preservation, a small mercy, imo.

Mother of dead toddler attacked on social media

Some people on Facebook discussion groups have blamed the boy's biological mother, Dalyce Raine, and her family for his death.

"His mother had no clue or concern as to how her baby was living," reads one post. "A child who had no voice was murdered because not one person in his family reported what they knew."

Another post suggests the toddler probably had fetal alcohol syndrome and should have been put up for adoption.

Yet another accuses the family of misusing money raised in a campaign for the child's funeral.

"They are sick people taking advantage of people's generosity," reads the post. "I see a trip to Vegas in their future."

Luci Johnson, a community worker with the Samson Cree First Nation, said the messages are full of hate and are putting pressure on a family that is still mourning Anthony's death, she said.

"They are blaming the mother, saying it is her fault," Johnson said.

"It is ugly. She just lost her little guy. All these people across the world judging her. They never even gave her time to grieve."

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/7294623-mother-of-dead-toddler-attacked-on-social-media/

I would just like to add another "red flag". I personally can't get over the father's sister's comments regarding the bruises she saw on the baby's face. She was fighting with her brother about his "lifestyle" (I can't find it but I had read some comments regarding "meth use". ) Aside from the fact that he was caring for a baby when he didn't have a permanent home but was "couch surfing". I understand that things happen...as the saying goes..."most people are 1 paycheque away from the street" (or something to that effect)...but c'mon auntie...your nephew shows up with bruises on his face and you accept the excuse you're given by the father you're fighting with over his lifestyle...and you let him walk out angry with that baby? I am not saying she is any way at fault, but the complacency with his "explanation" is alarming. We have a lot of educating to do in this country when there are microcosms of the macrocosm (no matter what race or culture) that has likely seen abuse enough in their lifetime that a bruised baby (or anyone for that matter) doesn't warrant more than a passing comment. No one should be "okay" or "used to" seeing that. This scenario is by no means confined to the indigenous groups so to even be discussing heritage at all in relation to a murder is sad. People are people. Anthony Raine could have been a "white" baby. I wonder how different this discussion would be if he was. It takes a village to raise a child...we are ALL responsible for the well-being of children. Obviously in this case, and I am sure there are thousands of other cases where no one dies that someone didn't act because abuse comes with the territory, so to speak. That's where it needs to get fixed. It doesn't help to point fingers or justify anything now...normalization of deviance and acceptance of brutality as part of life has to stop. It's not acceptable. It's partly society's fault then too. JMO

I would just like to add another "red flag". I personally can't get over the father's sister's comments regarding the bruises she saw on the baby's face. She was fighting with her brother about his "lifestyle" (I can't find it but I had read some comments regarding "meth use". ) Aside from the fact that he was caring for a baby when he didn't have a permanent home but was "couch surfing". I understand that things happen...as the saying goes..."most people are 1 paycheque away from the street" (or something to that effect)...but c'mon auntie...your nephew shows up with bruises on his face and you accept the excuse you're given by the father you're fighting with over his lifestyle...and you let him walk out angry with that baby? I am not saying she is any way at fault, but the complacency with his "explanation" is alarming. We have a lot of educating to do in this country when there are microcosms of the macrocosm (no matter what race or culture) that has likely seen abuse enough in their lifetime that a bruised baby (or anyone for that matter) doesn't warrant more than a passing comment. No one should be "okay" or "used to" seeing that. This scenario is by no means confined to the indigenous groups so to even be discussing heritage at all in relation to a murder is sad. People are people. Anthony Raine could have been a "white" baby. I wonder how different this discussion would be if he was. It takes a village to raise a child...we are ALL responsible for the well-being of children. Obviously in this case, and I am sure there are thousands of other cases where no one dies that someone didn't act because abuse comes with the territory, so to speak. That's where it needs to get fixed. It doesn't help to point fingers or justify anything now...normalization of deviance and acceptance of brutality as part of life has to stop. It's not acceptable. It's partly society's fault then too. JMO

The ignorant SM trolls aren't particular about the color of the baby. I've seen their viciousness on every race and many of them use their real profile. In fact, I'd say the majority use their real profile which also shows their ignorance.

Nov 29 2019
Woman guilty of manslaughter in death of toddler found outside Edmonton church
"EDMONTON — A woman accused in the death of a toddler found outside an Edmonton church has been convicted of manslaughter.

Tasha-Lee Doreen Mack and the child's father, Joey Crier, were each charged with second-degree murder in the death of 19-month-old Anthony Joseph Raine. The boy's lifeless body was found outside the Good Shepherd Anglican Church in April 2017."
Mack, who had pleaded not guilty, starred straight ahead Friday as Queen's Bench Justice Rob Graesser read his decision in her case. She bowed her head, wiping away tears, as he found her guilty of the lesser but included offence of manslaughter.

Her trial was told that Anthony went from being a chunky, happy baby to being "skin and bones" in a matter of months.

Graesser also heard that the boy suffered abuse before the fatal blow to his head."
"Mack is to be back in court on Dec. 13 to determine next steps before a sentencing date."

Nov 29 2019
Woman guilty of manslaughter in death of toddler found outside Edmonton church
"EDMONTON — A woman accused in the death of a toddler found outside an Edmonton church has been convicted of manslaughter.

Tasha-Lee Doreen Mack and the child's father, Joey Crier, were each charged with second-degree murder in the death of 19-month-old Anthony Joseph Raine. The boy's lifeless body was found outside the Good Shepherd Anglican Church in April 2017."
Mack, who had pleaded not guilty, starred straight ahead Friday as Queen's Bench Justice Rob Graesser read his decision in her case. She bowed her head, wiping away tears, as he found her guilty of the lesser but included offence of manslaughter.

Her trial was told that Anthony went from being a chunky, happy baby to being "skin and bones" in a matter of months.

Graesser also heard that the boy suffered abuse before the fatal blow to his head."
"Mack is to be back in court on Dec. 13 to determine next steps before a sentencing date."

Thank goodness for this outcome. This young child didn't deserve this sad ending.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen
Back